Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fransisco Colon

hopalong

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! I'll make sure Fran sees this thread when he gets home tonight. He sure did work hard to get there, at the range and with his business and there is his reward.

does uspsa recognize categories with less than five shooters?

hopefully, they do

They didn't. He got his trophy for 2nd C-class but not for High Junior Production. However, when he was called to get his prize it was mentioned he was High Junior. Almost as good as a plaque... almost.

Job well done Mi Amigo. As a Freedom Gunworks Team Shooter, I'll be reimbursing you your entry fees. Membership has its privileges ;)

:cheers:

AWESOME!! Thanks Bobby.

Thanks again to all of you who helped Fran get there by participating in the raffle, by buying S.O.N. paracord works and very importantly to Fran's sponsors (SSS, FGW & SBR) and contributors, especially Sherwyn Greenfield.

In this house there isn't a hat that would fit me today! Now I just need my boy to get back home safe.

:D

Hello: I shot with the young man and he did very well and kept his cool when things did not go quite the way they should have. The guys on the squad helped him out and even gave him a new nickname----"Hollywood" :roflol: I still want to see him run up that hill though on stage 1 :surprise: Thanks, Eric

I had the rare (okay, it's not very rare at all) privilege to squad with Hollywood. He did indeed keep his cool even when the stage did not go quite the way he had planned. More importantly, he was a great squad mate who did his share and more of the pasting and steel setting. He also took a lot of ribbing by us "old men" and did so with a smile on his face. About the only time I saw him frown was the four times that the stage score keepers referred to him as "Francis" (or was it "Frances"?) :roflol:

In addition to being high Junior in Production he also captured third in the competitive C class. For those many people who helped him get to Nationals he did you proud both on and off the range. Not only did he get a chance to participate in his first Nationals but he also had time to do some sightseeing. This included Red Rock Canyon, Hoover Dam, the Fremont Street Experience and of course the Strip with all those show girls. :rolleyes:

He was interviewed by by the Shooting USA crew which is why he will forever more be known as "Hollywood." They will undoubtedly edit his interview but I caught the entire unedited version on my own video camera. I should be able to use this as blackmail for years to come. Just a sample of his witty responses:

Q. Tell me what it is like to have pretty much everyone in the shooting community standing behind you as an upcoming Junior shooter?

A. If it weren't for my sponsors and the airplane I flew on I wouldn't be here.

Q. Why did you choose to make your shooter bracelets to earn money rather than something else like cutting lawns?

A. I could do it in the air conditioning.

Q. What are your thoughts about your first Nationals?

A. It not as hot as I thought it would be. It's pretty dry.

Folks, even I can't make up dialogue like that. Congratulations Hollywood! :cheers:

Edited by XD Niner

About the only time I saw him frown was the four times that the stage score keepers referred to him as "Francis" (or was it "Frances"?) :roflol:

There must be something about that family, concerning names. I shot with his dad "Colin" at the WSSSC. :rolleyes:

Fransico and his parents have much to be proud of.

Well done Francisco, youve made a name for yourself. You might have to change your business name from S.O.N. to something like Francisco's Range Wear! ;) Youve stepped out of your fathers impressionable shadow. What you do from here is all up to you. Just remember it all happens now! H! P.S. tell your father he cant have his gun back!

He was interviewed by by the Shooting USA crew which is why he will forever more be known as "Hollywood." They will undoubtedly edit his interview but I caught the entire unedited version on my own video camera. I should be able to use this as blackmail for years to come.

We need to talk and discuss our immediate economic future. We can probably get a lifetime supply of S.O.N. bracelets. I have some photos that might interest you (key word “lotion”). ;);)