Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 IN USPSA Section Championship

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is everything I have been sending out to registers competitors

Rescheduling of 2010 Indiana USPSA Section Championship

At this time we have been forced to postpone the match due to the range being flooded. With the amount of rain that the area has received over the last few days the range is under 3 to 4 feet of water. There is more rain on it way as well.

Pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/578001881iYKCnm

We are able to move the match back to the July 23-24-25th weekend.

I am sorry for any inconvience that this may cause. It is our intentions to keep everything the same as it right now. I will leave self squadding up as it is.

Even if the water were to receed there would be no way that we could get stages built in time for the match. Plus the conditions on the actual bays will most likely be unsafe.

I have already received several responses back from competitors offering to help if needed for next month, and that they will be there for sure!!

It has been said before, but the shooting community is definitly full of truely amazing people!!

I have been in contact with Gary Stevens with regards to this as well. Gary was a big help in offering advice on how to proceed.

Again thanks for your understanding and patience. Trust me when I say that this is the last thing that we wanted to. Several of us have been working on this match, the details etc since October of last year.

Atlanta Conservation Club, its board and Mike Thompson are great in saying "Whatever it takes, we will have the match here next month"

Almost all of the staff have made schedule changes and have offered to be available for July as well.

It is great to be able to surround yourself with folks like this!!

I have received a few emails about competitors not being able to make it that weekend, and I am sorry that you can't and any incovience that this may cause (trust me I undertand)

Please understand that everything has been bought for the match, everything but ice for the coolers was ready to go.

We are not cancelling, just rescheduling. I spoke in length with Gary Stevens (Area 5 Director) about this situation and how to proceed.

I will mail you your match shirt, anyone that was entered in for the M&P Pro drawing still will be. Everyone that still comes to shoot the match will now also be entered in to win the certificate for a free Glock that was donated by Glock.

However until we hold the match and then see what is left will I be able to determine what if any or partial amount of refund will be available.

So as it stands right now if you can't make the new date I will mail your shirt (as cheaply as possible) and you will still be entered to win the S&W M&P 9mm Pro.

If you come to the match on the new date you will now also be entered to win the certificate for a Glock.

Thanks for your understanding,

Jake,

I am truely sorry about all that has happened. Mother nature will do as she will.

I am even sorrier that I can not make it to the match on the new dates due to work commitments.

A more detaied e-mail will follow when I get home from work.

I was really looking forward to another great time like last year.

Thank you for all of your hard work and especially thank you for all of the hard work that just got dumped on you.

woof

Happy to say that I'll be there in July! :cheers: I hate to see this happen after all the hard work you and your crew have put into it. But the sad fact is, if you can't do it, you can't do it.

If you're in the area and still want to shoot this weekend, check out THIS THREAD. Jake, Coach, fomeister, and several other out-of-state boys have already told me that they're making the match...why shouldn't you?

hmm, wished I would have known that, I would have gone and shot that instead of the GSSF match.

Stage procedure: "While sitting in the boat, engage all ducks when visible. One procedural for falling out of the boat and one for dropping cooler of beer in the water."

Maybe I missed it but how are you handling squading for the new dates? I would like to stay on Saturday.

Stage procedure: "While sitting in the boat, engage all ducks when visible. One procedural for falling out of the boat and one for dropping cooler of beer in the water."

Maybe I missed it but how are you handling squading for the new dates? I would like to stay on Saturday.

See Jake's post above or in the emails Dan. He's not changing anything but you'll be able to change if needed. Self service squadding is being opened back up but you don't have to do anything and it won't change.

See Jake's post above or in the emails Dan. He's not changing anything but you'll be able to change if needed. Self service squadding is being opened back up but you don't have to do anything and it won't change.

Correct, nothing changes but the dates. And even though I have received several new stage names we are sticking with what we already have (being everything was already printed and done)

What, afraid of a little water? :lol:

Of course, I fully understand the impossibility of proceeding here - though the water could be down to a managable level by Friday/Saturday, there's no way to proceed with necessary setup as it is now (and undoubtedly, as it will be tomorrow too).

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait until the last minute to be able to call my attendence on the new dates, and the outlook isn't good...

On the upside, this does give me the chance to go ahead and order some new gear I was holding back on until after the match (in the interest of not changing things up right beforehand). So if I can make it in July, it will be my big debut of some new goodies!

Edited by Walküre

I guess Jack Johnson is in town that weekend and there is some major concert?

I was staying at the Quality Inn and they said they have very few rooms available. At a $125 a night.

I moved my dates, but I'll try to get rooms in the Comfort Inn before canceling my Quality Inn rooms.

Just wanted to let people know....

Darren