Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the beginners section also, but Natchez has CCI SP, SR, and LP Mag Primers in stock limit 5K/person.

I called and they are already out of LP primers.

I sure hope the shortages are lifting.

When I talked to PV when I put my order in in early April I asked if they'd contact me so I could throw some powder on at the time that my primers arrived. The very friendly woman I spoke to said they would not be contacting customers as their orders were ready. They'd just bill my card and my primers would arrive a few days later. If I wanted powder or anything else to do a separate order (unfortunately with separate hazmat and shipping charges). I think they're just so underwater, they're trying to do what they can to get product out the door.

~Mitch

I got lucky yesterday, called the local Bass Pro Shops, they had 3000 small pistol primers in stock, Remington and Winchester. Bought them all. $29.90 per 1000 for Win and $32.90 per 1000 for the Rem. Considering no shipping, no HazMat fee, I thought the pricing was pretty darned reasonable.

Maybe the "crisis" is beginning to ease a bit.

Placed the following order with Grafs and Sons at 4:04 AM on 31 May 2009.

2 cases of 5000 - Federal Small Pistol primer #100 - $134 a case

2 cases of 5000 - Winchester Small Pistol primer - $132 a case

1 8lb keg - Hodgdon Varget - $146

Received a call today that the Federal primers and the Varget is in and do I want it shipped? Of course I said yes. The nice lady on the phone offered me the following options on the Winchester primers. 1. They can substitute CCI small pistol in place of the Winchester, 2. I can keep the Winchester on back order, 3. If you really insist we can cancel the Winchester order. Decided to keep the Win on BO.

So, 11 days from date of order I'm at least getting primers and hard to get Varget. What was interesting was that they were willing to substitute CCI for the Win. Nice lady also said that Win primers are trickling in. Asked about CCI and Rem small rifle. None in stock. Shipment should go out tomorrow.

Really wanted to support my local reloading shop but hedged my bets with an order with Grafs. 11 days, I was expecting 4 months.

. 1. They can substitute CCI small pistol in place of the Winchester, 2.

That is interesting since I placed an order in mid april for CCI SPP and have not heard a peep from them. Kinda weird since they are willing to swap your order.

Edited by Strick

. 1. They can substitute CCI small pistol in place of the Winchester, 2.

That is interesting since I placed an order in mid april for CCI SPP and have not heard a peep from them. Kinda weird since they are willing to swap your order.

I have a similar order with them, I can't remember the exact date, but I think it was mid april. I know it was before SS nats.

Thought it was odd also considering there has to be some serious backorders to fill. Granted I was put on hold for a minute while the nice lady went to check if it was OK to do the swap. Boss probably said yeah to clear the BO.

FWIW I didn't get an email to confirm shipment. A call to my cell and they left a message that I had 5 days to call back and either confirm shipment or cancel.

Trust me guys I'm nobody special. Signed up for an account then immediately made my order. Might be worth a phone call or logon to check on the status.

FWIW I didn't get an email to confirm shipment. A call to my cell and they left a message that I had 5 days to call back and either confirm shipment or cancel.

Trust me guys I'm nobody special. Signed up for an account then immediately made my order. Might be worth a phone call or logon to check on the status.

I appreciate your post, you got me my primers. :cheers:

Just to add she was very nice on the phone, just the kind of people you like to deal with.