Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long have you been shooting competively?

I'm 55 years old and have been shooting just about all my life. Plinking and hunting as well as some basic training in the Navy and a short time as a police officer.

But, I didn't get involved in competitive shooting until 2000 and IPSC in 2001. I wish I had been aware of the fun I could have been having years earlier.

So I have been shooting competitively for about nine years. How long have you been at it?

TY47071

dj

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 55 years old and have been shooting just about all my life. Plinking and hunting as well as some basic training in the Navy and a short time as a police officer.

But, I didn't get involved in competitive shooting until 2000 and IPSC in 2001. I wish I had been aware of the fun I could have been having years earlier.

So I have been shooting competitively for about nine years. How long have you been at it?

TY47071

dj

My first match was in February '08 and I took the entire summer off. I really wish I had found this 10 years earlier :wacko:

Started competitively in '94, walked away in '95 for personal reasons. Got back in '03 and just got hooked like crazy. I regreted the years I stopped shooting and it wasn't by choice. The only thing I did right back then was signing up as a Lifer with USPSA :cheers:

Edited by norbs007

My dad and I went to the local club to shoot one sunday in the summer of 99 and the range was closed for a pistol match. I was mad but stayed to see what they were doing. When I saw the guns, gear and guys running and gunning I knew I had to try it. I took a local action pistol class in Nov of 99 and have been competing ever since. Started 3-gun in 2002, ICORE in 2003, Glock matches in 2005 and Steel Challenge in 2006.

On and mostly off since 1980. Shot some matches with Brian and TGO in 1981-3. Trophied in what I think was the first Practical match at Rio Salado in 1983. Quit, then shot some pins in NW Florida for a few years. Took up the great of game golf in 1988. About a 7-8 handicap when I "retired" in 2003. At least twice that know. <_< Re-joined the USPSA in 2001 and shot some. Going ape s#!t at it since 04. I'm here for the duration. No one else will have me.

Jim

I started competing around the same time I started shooting. First time I touched - heck, even SAW - a handgun was August 31, 2004. Took some classes, where I learned about USPSA, and entered my first match a year later. So, it's been 3.5 years for me.