Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad names for kids

38supPat

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend whose surname is King named his son Elvis The .. His wife divorced him and had the kid's name changed to Bill or George or Anything but Sue later the same year.

As a policeman in an urban municipality of underprivileged, I encountered people whose given names were "Porsha Mercedes", "Shato Breeon" "Fattifanny", "Shardunay", "Tanqueray" and many others I can't remember. Somewhere in my beat, I'm sure there's a kid named "Fahrvergnugen" but I never found him.

Mark

Haven't seen either one of these but I was driving the other day and saw a billboard and the guys name was Phillip Aycock.

The next one took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to pronounce. This girl comes into work and hands me a sheet of paper of course I look at her name and it reads La-ah. I just stared at her and the name until finally she told me its pronounced La dash ah.

I look at her name and it reads La-ah. I just stared at her and the name until finally she told me its pronounced La dash ah.

Here's the origin of that one:

imagesledasha.jpg

My mother used to work with a guy named Richard Head. Seriously, Dick Head. He wisely chose to call himself by his first two initials and was known as 'R. L. Head'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I look at her name and it reads La-ah. I just stared at her and the name until finally she told me its pronounced La dash ah.

Here's the origin of that one:

imagesledasha.jpg

My mother used to work with a guy named Richard Head. Seriously, Dick Head. He wisely chose to call himself by his first two initials and was known as 'R. L. Head'.

Yep.... my daughter had a patient come into the Emergency Room... Cli-ea

Cli-dash-e-ah

('cause yo' pro'nunce da dash....)

• 3 weeks later...

Growing up in Hong Kong, I led a YMCA camp as a teenager where one of the local kids had a very normal name of "富景豪" - his English name was writte as a phoentic spelling of the Chinese, so it read Fu, King Ho.

One of the caucasian counsellors was reading out the names for registration, got to his and read it out...

We all burst out laughing and the poor kid started crying.... having no idea why we were laughing.

I wish this were a joke, but my sister named her 1st born son Tiger. At first I thought it was a cool name, then I remembered what his last name would be.

I dont wish the name Tiger Gillie on any boy. He's a great kid, but damn.......

Growing up in Hong Kong, I led a YMCA camp as a teenager where one of the local kids had a very normal name of "富景豪" - his English name was writte as a phoentic spelling of the Chinese, so it read Fu, King Ho.

One of the caucasian counsellors was reading out the names for registration, got to his and read it out...

We all burst out laughing and the poor kid started crying.... having no idea why we were laughing.

What a coincidence, his cousin Lyeng Ho is in the San Jose, Ca. phonebook.

I work on a railroad and one of the conductors, never met him just hear him on the radio, is named Richard Hammer.

Thats just so awesome I am jealous.

Come shoot one of our matches in southern Wisconsin, Rich Hammer shoots Production on my squad every match. Nicest guy in the world.

Priceless!!

Real names by parents who didn't think things through -

Ophelia Dickey

Filma Carr (worked in a service station part-time)

Ben Dover, Ben Down, Neil Down (in that order on the class roll. Sounded like PT time.)

Phil Ling (dentist in local telephone book)

Hugh Howling (lots of prank calls asking is that Hugh Howling? Well, shut up!)

I work on a railroad and one of the conductors, never met him just hear him on the radio, is named Richard Hammer.

Thats just so awesome I am jealous.

Come shoot one of our matches in southern Wisconsin, Rich Hammer shoots Production on my squad every match. Nicest guy in the world.

I was down for the wisconsin sectional maybe I met him!

• 1 month later...

The one that always made me laugh was Mike Hunt. One of those say it three times fast type of things.

I used to work with a Mike Hund. One day I called him, dialing his number from memory. A female answered the phone, which was strange because I dialed Mike's direct line. "Hello?"; "Yes, is Mike there?"; "Mike? Mike Who?"; "Mike Hund"; "Real funny a$$hole. Get a life" and then she hung up. I was flabbergasted. What the heck was that all about. Then I looked down, saw the number i had dialed.....oops. Poor lady thought it was prank phone call....it really wasn't. When I finally got a hold of Mike, he laughed his butt off when I told him what happened.

The one that always made me laugh was Mike Hunt. One of those say it three times fast type of things.

I used to work with a Mike Hund. One day I called him, dialing his number from memory. A female answered the phone, which was strange because I dialed Mike's direct line. "Hello?"; "Yes, is Mike there?"; "Mike? Mike Who?"; "Mike Hund"; "Real funny a$$hole. Get a life" and then she hung up. I was flabbergasted. What the heck was that all about. Then I looked down, saw the number i had dialed.....oops. Poor lady thought it was prank phone call....it really wasn't. When I finally got a hold of Mike, he laughed his butt off when I told him what happened.

lmao thats pretty good

• 1 month later...

Read the first two pages and don't think i saw this one. When i was in school I went to the same summer camp every year. One of the older counselors name was mike and I had known him for years. At the end of camp each year they gave a list with everyone in the camp and emails incase anyone wanted to stay in touch. I was flipping through looking and saw the counselors page and was reading their names. Turns out his last name was Hunt.. Yep his name is Mike Hunt.