Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad names for kids

38supPat

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a mechanic at work whose first name is Phuc. Yes it's pronounced like you think it is. His cohort with the aircraft has the last name of Dequer. Be very careful how you page this pair in the same sentence.

One of our pilots changed his name after arriving in America to something very American because his name in Vietnam was Long Dong.

Many years ago, I was performing some survey work for Libby-Owens and met a laborer that was HUGE black dude that was well over 3 bills and was named Dairy King. He kept his drivers license West Virginia Chromed to the inside top of his brain bucket. Everyone must have said "Bull$hit! That is not your name!", just like I did. He probably got tired of digging it out of his wallet I guess.

One of my line operators is names Micheal C. Hunt. when I say his name I had to ask him about it :surprise: he assured me that was in fact his real name heh but he used his middle name Chris instead.

I wonder if his parents were just mean or what... the kid was in his mid 20's

Yahoo news today

Bizarre baby names have become a cliché. Lisa Bonet either didn't get the memo or doesn't gave a darn. The former star of "The Cosby Show" gave birth to a healthy baby boy this week and, along with her husband, Jason Momoa, named the child "Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa." An article from Us Weekly explained that the unusual name is a tribute to the father's Hawaiian heritage. Nakoa means warrior and Manakauapo is a combination of mana (spirit/strength), kaua (rain), and po (dark). Considering the baby was born on a stormy night, the name actually makes a lot of sense. Searches on Ms. Bonet soared 542% this week and related lookups for "bonet baby name" and "lisa bonet pictures" also surged.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92162?fp=1

As Hawaiian names go, that one is actually kind of short. Usually there's no English word in there and there aren't any spaces.

• 3 weeks later...

This is funny stuff.. Here are my additions

Female friend of wife named Tracy Greathead,, I bet....

Friend in college named Richard Hurtz..

We used to deal with a kid named Kunta Cunningham.. He was conceieved while his parents were watching Roots.. Hes dead now, was murdered..

Another gal I came accorss at work.. Tueesday Morning.. (She spells it that way)..

Edited by Sac Law Man

Yahoo news today

Bizarre baby names have become a cliché. Lisa Bonet either didn't get the memo or doesn't gave a darn. The former star of "The Cosby Show" gave birth to a healthy baby boy this week and, along with her husband, Jason Momoa, named the child "Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa." An article from Us Weekly explained that the unusual name is a tribute to the father's Hawaiian heritage. Nakoa means warrior and Manakauapo is a combination of mana (spirit/strength), kaua (rain), and po (dark). Considering the baby was born on a stormy night, the name actually makes a lot of sense. Searches on Ms. Bonet soared 542% this week and related lookups for "bonet baby name" and "lisa bonet pictures" also surged.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92162?fp=1

As Hawaiian names go, that one is actually kind of short. Usually there's no English word in there and there aren't any spaces.

Copy that. My sister had a friend, from Hawaii, who was actually in the Guinness record longest name. She could only remember the first 80 or so letters. I think she lost the title a few years ago. Her parents went easy on her little sister. Her name was MUCH shorter, it only took up one page.

Wife and I have a child on the way. This thread gives me lots of names to watch out for. My brother keeps calling me at all hours with names. None of them any good. None of them as bad as the ones in this thread either.

I've only run across a couple really sad names in my time..

When I was in tech school there were Navy personnel there and one of the Navy girls was named Guzzler.

Was amusing when they called her at roll as Seaman Guzzler. We got yelled at to stop laughing every

single morning, it just never got old :P

Also, when I was downrange one of the local guys that worked on base was named, dead serious here,

Mohammed Mohammed Mohammed. Talk about creativity.....

When friends are expecting a new child, I always recommend the name Richard Edward for a boy.

Following the southern tradition of calling a William Robert "Billy Bob" and so on, they can holler "Dick Ed you get in this house!"

No one has taken my suggestion...yet.

Dave

• 1 month later...

My nephews graduated with a girl by the name of "Mazeratee Unique", no joke. I might be misspelling it just a bit but you get the gist. I wonder what her brother's name could be. "Chevrolet Ordinary"?

Also once had a recruit (German Army) by the name of Nass, his sister's name was Anna. "Ananas" is the German word for pineapple. It was funny then.

Oh, I got you all beat. My sister graduated high school with a girl named...

Wait for it...

Edith De Cock!

Swear to God. Do parents not say the full name out loud before signing the birth certificate?

Edited by Glockopop