Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad names for kids

38supPat

Just recalled a few more:

In the Army, I knew a Lt. Bozo - you can imagine the kind of respect this poor guy got.

Then there was the Air Force Sgt I knew whose last name was Clapp. He went to the pharmacy one time and asked to pickup a prescription for Clapp and there was a very long pause...

In high school, I knew a guy whose initials were K.K.K.

We'll skip the names that made it clear the parents couldn't spell. But there are all the names that can be used with both genders with different spelling and the parents didn't know which was which.

All of which makes it easier for a guy like me with two last names.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in High School I worked in a Grocery store with a guy who must have been in his seventies, working as a bag boy for extra income. His name was Richard Weed, and he did go by Dick. His name tag was amusing to say the least.

One of the guys in my ROTC unit was named Karl Marx. He caught grief everytime we had a new NCO.

I went to high school with the Trout brothers Lake and Brook.

My first girlfriend's sister was named Burline after her father, Burl. He really wanted an heir.

Just have to wonder what people are thinking.

The Des Moines medical community currently has a Dr. Dick (and yes, he is a urologist) and a Dr. Bahls. They do not practice together, unfortunately. In our federal court system, we also have retired judges with the unusual last names Fagg and Longstaff. We also have a whole slew of attorneys with the last name Lawyer!

This thread makes wonder about the fate of that poor soul, Michael Hunt.

I have a good friend from college that was a Mike Hunt...we nicknamed him HP Smoothie following some drunken foolishness. I think there are probably still folks we hung around with that still think his name is H.P. Hunt.

One of the worst I've seen is Abcde...ab-see-dee and I've seen it several times.

Grew up with a girl, born on Easter, last name Butt and they named her Bunnie. Bunnie Butt...hopefully she's married by now.

I had a boss who's name was Al Butt. I told him his first name was missing the second l. :roflol: He laughed.

Stay Safe,

A.T.

High school student teacher - Anita Hed

I also worked with a guy named Richard Holder, interesting that when I worked with him he went by Richard, but I've met other people that worked with him on other contracts where he went by Dick.

Mother-in-law of a friend - Virginia Hamm

from the parents with no imagination file - Eric Ericson, Robert Robertson, and John Johnson

Mine really isn't all that bad so I don't have much room to complain. It gets mispronounced fairly frequently but I'm used to that... but the telemarketing caller who asked to speak to "Mr. Hitler" still caught me off guard.

Well they did fail to kill you in that movie...... :roflol:

Ok, this is probably a funny story only Canadians might get...

I was at a girls softball game once, watching with my cousin. I commented that one of the girls was particularily...well lets say unpleasant to look at. My cousin shhh'd me and said "Quiet, her sister is right beside you"

How did he know it was her sister I asked.

"Well, it says Iga on both their shirts!"

"Thats IGA, I replied"

IGA used to be a large chain of grocery stores and apparantly the team sponsor. I have made lots of jokes about the Iga sisters ever since then...

Im a Doc and my dad is an RN. Between the two of us, we've seen some doozies. The worst was a baby he was taking care of in the neonatal icu:

Iamgod Jihad Allah Wilkerson

Keep in mind that this is in GA. Can you imagine this kid getting pulled over:

Officer: What's your name, boy?

Wilkerson: Iamgod

Officer: I'm going to give you one more chance to tell me your name before I stomp the everliving **** out of you...

I have twins that I take care of named Heaven and Nevaeh. Nevaeh is very popular these days.

Edited by Erucolindon

Yahoo news today

Bizarre baby names have become a cliché. Lisa Bonet either didn't get the memo or doesn't gave a darn. The former star of "The Cosby Show" gave birth to a healthy baby boy this week and, along with her husband, Jason Momoa, named the child "Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa." An article from Us Weekly explained that the unusual name is a tribute to the father's Hawaiian heritage. Nakoa means warrior and Manakauapo is a combination of mana (spirit/strength), kaua (rain), and po (dark). Considering the baby was born on a stormy night, the name actually makes a lot of sense. Searches on Ms. Bonet soared 542% this week and related lookups for "bonet baby name" and "lisa bonet pictures" also surged.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92162?fp=1

My sister in law informed us today that if she has a kid and it's a boy, they are going to name it Richard Cole....anyone see a problem?

Guy I worked with in the Nav was named Harry Koch.

I don't think there's a number high enough to count the number of times I heard him say, "That's pronounced COKE!" :angry2: