Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telecom/IT. Currently Data Center Hardware Support for a major wireless carrier, but I have worked with every kind of cable known to man including Fiber Optic, Twisted Pair, Coax. I have designed, built and maintained voice and data networks of all sizes. I also build PC workstations and servers.

750kcmil cable?

Let's see:

As a kid: volunteer and briefly paid EMT.

Then managed convenience stores for a while.

Went back to college to study business, and came out of that stint as a newspaper photographer for ~15 years.

Went back to school and became an R.N., now working in the telecom industry. If you call our client (a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical manufacturer) and hear the warning that the call might be monitored for quality assurance -- it just might be me listening to the call, and providing follow-up coaching to the agent (either non-medical college grad, R.N. or Pharmacist) you spoke to.

I spent 3+ years answering the phone and handling drug information and other assorted requests from fellow healthcare providers and other callers before moving into my current position.

Next step -- to wrap my B.S.N. and move into management.

I've helped pull it for lazy electricians. :P

Generally speaking, though, I stick to low voltage. :)

It is used for low voltage...in telecommunications offices... -52.80 volts

Well, I never pulled it for that purpose then. :blush: Call me the next time you're going to and I'll come help just so I can say I have. :cheers:

Trained as a mechanical engineer and now working as a Civil Engineer, designing and inspecting Highway remodels. If you think that remodeling a house is fun, try a highway going through any town or city, nobody knows what is where. :eatdrink:

I am curious what industries/trades folks here in the forum work in. I work for an engineering firm that is based out of Pittsburg. I have been a welder steel fabricator since I was a younger version of myself and moved out of the field into the QA side of things. I have worked as an Engineer/Inspector in many environments having Bridge, Nuclear, and Maritime certifications. My greatest experiences was working as an inspector for the Navy on Ships and Submarines. We were sent all around the world. Now I work from a home office and manage inspectors for the SE. Not as exciting as it used to be..

Pic of RO-RO overhaul

I put a prop like that on my 20' bass boat......but it sunk.