Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District Forester for the Texas A&M Forest Service, supervising 6 wildland firefighters covering 3 counties in the Pineywoods of southeast Texas. Also provide technical forestry assistance to private landowners.

Currently Engineering Manager but my background and passion is in Lean / Op Ex.

I also run a rental and property flipping business on the side which is another passion I'd love to do full time. However wife, two kids, and two dogs to support as well as hobbies and maybe most importantly insurance premiums make me keep the day job...

Lean (See also Continuous Improvement, Toyota Production System)

Operational Excellence

Both refer to a system (strategy, systems, tools, thinking) of maximizing customer value while eliminating waste in a never ending pursuit.

Very engaging and enjoyable work that always has you learning from - yet helping others improve their processes.

Edited by zimm33

I'm a designer in the signage industry. Mostly illuminated signs, but we do all kinds of signs, from the smallest to the largest.

I also run my own business mainly focused on graphic design, logotypes, prototyping and product design. I also make holsters.

Lean (See also Continuous Improvement, Toyota Production System)

Operational Excellence

Both refer to a system (strategy, systems, tools, thinking) of maximizing customer value while eliminating waste in a never ending pursuit.

Very engaging and enjoyable work that always has you learning from - yet helping others improve their processes.

O_o Pretty tired of lean. Just sayin...

What do you do for a living?

Nothing! (Retired x 3) U.S. Army, Defense Contractor, & a Government Agency.

Ranger6

"If it's on the internet, it's got to be true. They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true." A. Lincoln