Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

I bought some aluminum 2in angle ... Screwed it in on three sides of a 7.5 ft wide closet. Picked up a 1.5 inch laminated bamboo countertop, trimmed to fit. Drilled and screwed in from the bottom with deck screws.

I can stand on it and jump with no deflection.

No legs to capture dust, easy to get under and vacuum AND most importantly, SWMBO likes the way it looks.

Accordion doors on closet close when done leaving a clean looking room.

No basements where I live ...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm an absolute beginner, shooting with a Beretta PX4 Storm. Currently I'm working on my new reloading station, after having purchased an used Dillon RL550B press. The press was lost for years in a basement, covered with tons of dirt, and now I'm bringing it back to life with a very deep restoration work. A true Dillon never dies :-)

This is the brand new bench I've designed (using Rhino 3D) and built, still far from being completed, but it takes a good idea of what should be the finished work. The press is currently sitting on the border of the bech, but I'm building a steel stand in order to move it back *on* the bench and make it a little taller, to enhance comfort during reloading sessions:

1937448_10205272224467779_33355185051895

Yes, I know Dillon makes a very nice steel stand, but I'm a DIY man, my motto is: "If you can build it, ok, build it!" :-)

The bench is made with solid maple wood (20 mm. thickness), mounted on a steel frame (7 mm. thickness) bolted to the walls and sitting on a steel "Z" shaped stand.

Strong and steady, but with a lightweight look! :-)

I made mine out of a 3" thick hickory plank its about 18" deep and it's hard as concrete. Lol. Don't forget it that dillon has issues send it back the will upgrade it too. Cheers.

Edited by a matt

A couple of pics here... that part of the basement. The two 1050's have bullet feeders, the 650's don't, as they are more universal, switch calibers more often. The RCBS on the far left is dedicated to bullet pulls.

post-21305-0-58425700-1417477889_thumb.j

post-21305-0-74761900-1417477895_thumb.j

post-21305-0-45223000-1417477902_thumb.j

Jingle bells shotgun shells, double alpha's all the way!

When I saw this string of lights, while shopping the other day, I told my wife I just had to have them. She replied, of course you do.

post-23750-0-17374200-1417550597_thumb.j

post-23750-0-66127300-1417550612_thumb.j

post-23750-0-89650900-1417550648_thumb.j

post-23750-0-23013200-1417550669_thumb.j

Edited by Reshoot

• 3 weeks later...

I recently moved into a new house with a friend of mine. It kind of has an open concept with the only rooms being mine and his. The rest of the house is pretty much shared space. so I was left with putting my press in the only room i have for myself, in my bedroom. :mellow: no kids and not married but cant wait to have more space. small and cluttered but i plan on making a new bench this winter to give me more space to organize things.

post-55741-0-60159500-1419264486_thumb.j

• 2 months later...
And my reloading bench today! (something has changed I think... it looks more... blue)

Whats the total height of your press with the Budget Reloader on there? Looing good so far!

I was thinking about getting the budget reloader case feed system, however I think its going to be too tall for the room I am putting it in.

Edited by kalison

Lots of nice setups here!

I used to load up in the garage. Only took one Summer and early Fall, for me to tell the wife "I will be reloading inside from now on"

She wasnt too thrilled at first. She didn't want some awful looking home made bench sitting in the corner of the room. She said if it looked "okay" she would allow it.

This is what I ended up with:

(still have to touch up the wall paint, chipped/rubbed off during the build)

IMG_1515_zps8hgy1fzz.jpg

IMG_1527_zpsoprlomwt.jpg

The old bench outside:

WP_20140802_19_24_39_Pro_zps4da750bc.jpg

Edited by kalison

My bench is a cabinetmakers woodworking bench that I used a lot in my younger days. I took a piece of 1" thick plywood and attached cleats that matched the vices built into the bench. The idea was to be able to take the top off when I wanted to use the bench for it's original purpose. I've never taken it off since I put it on. I enjoy shooting more than woodworking. :roflol: I do my loading in the corner of my shop. Don't do much woodworking anymore. (or work on car projects either). Makes for an interesting practice stage though.

i-fkW5nnh.jpg

i-j4MVgCz.jpg

i-bJ29sCN.jpg

Nice shop bk. Is that a grizzly bandsaw, or a laguna? I bought a mini max a dozen years ago, and it chased me down the strairs when the guy on top lost his grip.

Thanks, It's a grizzly.

Edited by Bkreutz

• 2 weeks later...