Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all! I'm new here to the forum.....and a fairly new reloader (started last couple of years) my area started as a dingy little unfinished one room basement.....this is what I ended up with

dDlG6a0.jpg

ef54ZY3.jpg

qOUmVzc.jpg

Thats cool

Thanks 2011WRBSTI, that window is actually covering my water heater.......just tried to do something different.......no not a SASS shooter just figured I'd go with the western theme :)

Maybe your inner shooter is telling you to shoot SASS ;-)

Thanks 2011WRBSTI, that window is actually covering my water heater.......just tried to do something different.......no not a SASS shooter just figured I'd go with the western theme :)

Maybe your inner shooter is telling you to shoot SASS ;-)
haha..maybe so

Hello all! I'm new here to the forum.....and a fairly new reloader (started last couple of years) my area started as a dingy little unfinished one room basement.....this is what I ended up with

dDlG6a0.jpg

ef54ZY3.jpg

qOUmVzc.jpg

Don't shoot SASS, don't like westerns and I have never ridden a horse and that is freaking awesome. One of the best rooms I have seen. I need to you come decorate my miserable shed.

I can't really follow the fantastic room that soonertoby posted.......but I am excited for my long awaited latest addition.......The very light and modest setup in my office.

First pic - I loaded ALL my 9mm, 40S&W, 45acp, 5.56 and 308 on this $20 home built bench from Home Depot bench on my single stage Lee kit for 6 years. That's right all that ammo on a SINGLE STAGE!

12881208634_206470785e_b.jpg

Second pic - My wife approved my long wished for Dillon XL650 purchase and she also painted my bench for me and added some of my USMC stickers that I had laying around. Its no room transformation but it looks like a whole new desk and my reloading area feels more complete now :D

12881207784_033e669ec0_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Haha looks good to me..at least your room was finished. Mine started as a creepy dark spider collection in my 100 year old house

Yep, have a nearly 100 year old house....Well it's 65+ at least anyway. Old stuck-o walls, and spidy's house all over. But anyway's here's my modest "multi-bench" I built this about 7 years ago and it's been solid since day one. Hated having to cut a notch in her for the modified primer catcher tube to swing up, but a little chisel and she's fits flush.

DSC_0103_zpsfb0434e5.jpg

DSC_0104_zpscf594e56.jpg

DSC_0070_zps4202aa81.jpg

DSC_0105_zpse4c75725.jpg

Some days my eyes just don't want to work properly so I set this up to help read the little needle:

DSC_0077_zps2838eadb.jpg

DSC_0078_zps4aa90e5b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 8x8 basement room started with a flat pack kitchen base cabinet I found in a "scratch and dent" pile, and a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" plywood that I slit up the middle, doubled up and made 1-1/2" thick, and kind of grew from there. Cabinets, tables etc., are all either repurposed, clearance or factory seconds.

Edited by blujax01

• 2 months later...

Harbor Freight 'hardwood' workbench, $140 with 20% off coupon: http://www.harborfreight.com/workbench-with-4-drawers-60-hardwood-69054.html

The hardwood is more like engineered flooring or plywood, lapped together, but not at all bad, most parts are indeed wood vs MDF or other. Glued it and screwed it.

After the last bench was way too flimsy/flexible, I ensured I mounted it directly above the right side leg, vs more outside, and reinforced a bit with plywood. May not have needed it, but wanted to minimize flex as I'm not attaching to the wall inside the house.. slightly annoying side effect is I'll have to trim the right hand side drawers to get them to open fully, or move to a strong-arm/raised platform for the press, but overall, not a bad deal at all for the $.

I use the same bench and so far it's been great!

dillonpress.jpg

I bought the same Harbor Freight workbench. I have it inside in my office, which has medium height carpet. We are renting this house, so I'm not sure if I want to drill into the wall to secure the bench.

Anyone have suggestions on how to make the bench sturdy as possible, without a bracket to the wall?

• 3 weeks later...

Just use a bracket on the bench and screw into the wall, hitting a 2x4.....

When you remove the screws - just use tooth paste to fill the hole and smooth it out, it will turn white when it drys....

Renters trick....

Screw down into the floor and through the carpet , they will never know after you remove the screws there either....

Problem solved...

• 1 month later...

Well, with the addition of a new 650, I figured I should get started on a new bench. Thanks for all the great ideas on this thread. Though it's not 100%,here is my little piece of the garage...

post-6330-0-87466300-1408334891_thumb.jp

Edited by whip

• 2 weeks later...