Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the crappiest gun that you got your ass kicked by ?

Back when I first started a shooter showed up at one of our matches and he had forgotten his "race gun at home" so he reached under the seat of his car and beat all of us with a colt officers .45 acp. Cetainly not the crappiest gun out there but still was humiliating. LOL

I have gotten my ass kicked on a stage or two at just about all of the recent matches by a guy shooting a GLOCK with 10 round mags and me shooting a foo-foo Open STI. It just ain't right..... THEN, to make it worse, his wife does it once in a while too with a GLOCK and 10 round mags :surprise: :surprise: Getting your ass kicked by a girl with a toy gun, just, damn........... It ain't right.

I wasn't there, but the story goes that way back when Tom Campbell was just getting into IPSC shooting, he went to a match...and did not have a personal gun of his own...so by hook or crook managed to check out a real Government issue 1911 from a local armory and then took it to win the match...

About a year ago I shot a club match squaded with a gentleman named "Sam".

Now Sam's blaster was definately not a crappy gun.

It was however a very strange looking round contraption that only held six shots.

On a 12 shot classifier stage "Cash and Carry" he beat me and my limited gun by 1 1/2 seconds.

He had to reload, I didn't.

That is just wrong on so many levels. :angry2:

Okay Hop, you got me. :blink:

Now that I'm shooting open, try not to make me look too bad. :blush:

BTW, If you show up at a match with some "Josey Wales" ball and cap gun, I'm leaving.

I couldn't risk the humiliation. :lol:

Tony

Edited by 38superman

How about the crappiest gun we've kicked ass with? :devil:

You're a gunsmith, you shouldn't want to talk about how crappy your guns are, even if you still win with them.... :lol:

ANyhoo, back when I was first getting started I remember reading about Jim Wall finishing something like 3rd Limited at an Area match with a norinco with no friggin' sights on it out of an IWB. Some story about it had been in a fire or something?

I bet he had cowboy boots too. <_<

Not really 'crappy', but ancient........ our Area 4 director shows up sometimes with his like 1949 model 1911 :) , which looks worn to hell, and he'll end up beating the Open shooters and what not with it. I never knew single stack was such an advantage. LOL

-Mike

A Norinco 1911 with no sights, a hammer that was bobbed on a bench grinder, out of an IWB holster.................................................

..................at a Steel Challenge match. :o

I wasn't there, but the story goes that way back when Tom Campbell was just getting into IPSC shooting, he went to a match...and did not have a personal gun of his own...so by hook or crook managed to check out a real Government issue 1911 from a local armory and then took it to win the match...

About that timeframe, Tom was probably still in the National Guard. He did have some contacts back then. I've heard some of the stories, from Tom.

Hmmmm...owned a pair of them, a .380 and a .45. If you didn't have to time to reload, the .45 made a hell of a 5# club. I actually pondered shooting SS with it, as it was inexpensive, fairly accurate, and had damn near no recoil due to top end weight. It was such a PITA to clean however, that I ended up selling it. I might get another one just to further the length of this thread. :P

Jim Wall finishing something like 3rd Limited at an Area match with a norinco with no friggin' sights on it out of an IWB. Some story about it had been in a fire or something?

Yup. 4th in L10 at the 2001 Area-1 pistol match, and 3rd Limited at the 2002 Area-1 3-gun, using a Norinco with no sights (!), which had been recovered from a fire, beaten open with a hammer, and cleaned up.

B

I have never been whupped by a gun good or bad...I have been beaten by better shooters :lol:

Jim

+6,457,862 to that Jim

It's usually the driver, I think the gun only makes a difference in as much as the guy (or chick) behind it is comfortable in their ability to use said piece of crap.

I have gotten my ass kicked on a stage or two at just about all of the recent matches by a guy shooting a GLOCK with 10 round mags and me shooting a foo-foo Open STI. It just ain't right..... THEN, to make it worse, his wife does it once in a while too with a GLOCK and 10 round mags :surprise: :surprise: Getting your ass kicked by a girl with a toy gun, just, damn........... It ain't right.

Sounds like the Caspers. Been known to beat alot of fancy gun toters with their tupperware.