:( :( :(

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Total Valid Ballots Received 5,749

Invalid Ballots Received 23

Total Ballots Sent 14,966

Response Percentage 38.6% :surprise:

:( :( :(

Sad statement indeed!!

This goes to show you that most USPSA members couldn't care less about the organization!!

On the positive, congrats go to all the candidates, they all wanted to serve, that's why the ran!!

Y

That sucks ass for a lot of reasons :(

Realize, folks, that this means nothing changes as far as getting the Nationals dates sooner, or anything else... I like Mike V, but he stated quite plainly that nothing would change if he were re-elected.

What I can't for the life of me fathom is how A4 didn't end up with a different AD.... :angry:

I can only hope that Gary will continue to serve as an AD, and that he and Bruce can continue to represent me on the BOD, cause God knows my AD doesn't :angry:

Like Dave, I am disappointed in the lack of change for the better. I feel very strongly that we need to have schedules much further in advance than we currently get.

I don't feel like there is good communication at all, and I felt we had a chance to really improve things.

38% is pathetic

I would like to congratulate all those who not only won, but who stepped up to the line and took a shot at being elected to a position of trust in the organization we all love so much.

As I noted in a private e-mail to a friend, I never felt this election was about me personally. It was about someone who had an amount of experience and was willing to make a 100 percent committment to the sport. I will continue to serve USPSA in whatever manner is approptiate in the future.

When I got up this morning I checked and the sun was still rising in the East and appears to be heading toward the West. That is the way it should be.

Thanks again to all those who supported me in any way. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

All is well. :cheers:

Gary

Congrats to the winners!

I am afraid that 38% is pretty typical response to ALL elections in this country. A Czech friend of mine asked me why people don't vote (this was in 1991, 2 years after the Russians left his country). I still have no good answer. Or at least, no flattering answer.

That said, I think the real reason for the poor turnout was Alan Meek and we should start a recall right now <_<

I would like to congratulate all those who not only won, but who stepped up to the line and took a shot at being elected to a position of trust in the organization we all love so much.

As I noted in a private e-mail to a friend, I never felt this election was about me personally. It was about someone who had an amount of experience and was willing to make a 100 percent committment to the sport. I will continue to serve USPSA in whatever manner is approptiate in the future.

When I got up this morning I checked and the sun was still rising in the East and appears to be heading toward the West. That is the way it should be.

Thanks again to all those who supported me in any way. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Gary

Still a class act all the way Gary.

Gary

Yup the good guys are always winners!!!! even when they dont win :(

Thank you Gary!

Jim

Edited by GentlemanJim

Gary

Yup the good guys are always winners!!!! even when they dont win :(

Thank you Gary!

Jim

+1

I really don't understand why only 38% voted. That is F*** insane!

Gary

Do it again and I'll vote for you again. Hope you stay near to continue supporting us, shooters. USPSA is better with you here.

See you at the range!

Edited by Nemo

Poor enthusiasm ?

Lack of interest ?

Lack of common sense ?

PICK ONE ...

I'm afraid the answer might be all of the above......... It's seems that the folks like us here in BE'land that care about the sport are greatly outnumbered by those who consider the USPSA just another distraction from normal life and have no desire to contribute to it's well being. :ph34r:

Edited to finish a thought..

Edited by j2fast

That sucks ass for a lot of reasons :(

Realize, folks, that this means nothing changes as far as getting the Nationals dates sooner, or anything else... I like Mike V, but he stated quite plainly that nothing would change if he were re-elected.

What I can't for the life of me fathom is how A4 didn't end up with a different AD.... :angry:

I can only hope that Gary will continue to serve as an AD, and that he and Bruce can continue to represent me on the BOD, cause God knows my AD doesn't :angry:

+100

:angry2:

I too would like to thank all of those that supported me. I called Ken this morning and told him I would be willing to help in any way and that I appreciated his service.

We here on this forum live in a much smaller community than I imagined.

I voted, but not voting is also a right I can exercise. I discussed the election with some of my shooting friends and most of them aren't well versed in USPSA politics. For many, not voting is a way of allowing those who really care to decide. Thousands of recreational USPSA shooters chose not to influence the election by casting an uniformed vote through ignorance. That's just the way it works. Not saying anyone has to like it, but it is reality.