Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA election

Jaxshooter

Z,

it is only 7am on the west coast. I am sure they are still asleep LOL

Alan

In my opinion, 7 days is plenty of time, shoulda been announced yesterday!!!!

They made us wait an extra month due to their F-up!!!

Geez, enough already, let's have it :angry2:

Edited by zhunter

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hold the phone. I thought it was direct marketing firm that erred, not the CPA.

The CPA firm "farmed out" the mailing, it is ON THEM!!!!

They need to make it somewhat right and get the results out, like YESTERDAY!!!

I seem to recall that the issue was that the firm that did the mailing incorrectly classified it as bulk. I'm not sure how the CPA firm is responsible for that error. There may be multiple audits that the ballots need to go through in order to be validated and the election certified.

I think we need to not let our anxiety get the better of our decorum here.

I think we need to not let our anxiety get the better of our decorum here.

Anxiety, ANXIETY, ANXIETY

I don't have any anxiety :blink::unsure:

All kidding aside, if you are running a business, and you farm out a project, YOU are responsible for the poor performance of the "farmer", in this case the mailing company not posting the ballots in the proper manner. The CPA firm is certainly accountable the way I see it.

That said, I would think, knowing that the mistake ultimately falls on their shoulders, they would be doing EVERYTHING possible to get the results out SOONER rather the what we are getting, which is LATER!!!

It is not like they were doing us a favor for free, USPSA paid for the CPA firm to run the election!!!

Well, then ultimately WE'RE to blame as USPSA is in our employ. ;)

There's a difference between responsibility and culpability. Each needs to be applied appropriately or it makes business relationships very difficult.

And nobody is more excited for Nik to become an AD than me. :)

That said, I would think, knowing that the mistake ultimately falls on their shoulders, they would be doing EVERYTHING possible to get the results out SOONER rather the what we are getting, which is LATER!!!

It is not like they were doing us a favor for free, USPSA paid for the CPA firm to run the election!!!

USPSA extended the voting deadling by one month and, as I understand it, concurrently extended the reporting time by a corresponding amount. The CPA firm is not in violation of any contract, arrangement or verbal understanding.

Rob

How about a reasonable "guesstimate" on the results being made public?

I'm not in the loop enough to have any more info on that than you, and I have made a decision that I will not bother Dave Thomas asking "when", as it will not help speed things along. There have been no reports to the board on the status of the count (at least not that I have received and I tend to get that stuff), so I ssume this means there is nothing to report yet. If the 15th arrives and I haven't heard, I will be in touch with Dave asking for a status report and time schedule.

Experience tells me that Dave moves quickly once he gets the results from the CPA firm.

Rob

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 or before? That gives you a whole week ---- so you might as well go shoot.....

Nik

I wish I could, but I am in the Republik of the UK this week working, and as we all know, there are NO pistols in this Republik!! :angry2:

But, I am thinking of shooting, working on the mental image of Brian's visual-patience post!!!

ZH

Rob

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 or before? That gives you a whole week ---- so you might as well go shoot.....

Nik

I wish I could, but I am in the Republik of the UK this week working, and as we all know, there are NO pistols in this Republik!! :angry2:

But, I am thinking of shooting, working on the mental image of Brian's visual-patience post!!!

ZH

<Thread Drift>

There's a shotgun match on this weekend at Harlow.

<Thread Drifts Ends

I just spoke to the VP of the CPA firm and he said they aint tellin us sh!& till Z has a big cup of STFU.---------Larry

Larry, I laughed at that too!!

But, read HERE

And here is a quote from This Thread

Dale

I do, I actually live in the county that made the entire US wait a MONTH for the presidential election results. And without getting political here, that was due to some DUMB AZZ's who could not read the ballot that was designed by THEIR OWN party!!!! The whole chad thingy was just a bonus from a guy who failed to realize he lost the election. It was a poorly designed ballot that was easy to mistakenly place a vote for a candidate who you did not intend to vote for, IF you were too stupid to read the ballot that is.

WOW, after 7 years, I finally got that off my chest, I feel MUCH better now

As a matter of fact, I feel so much better, who cares when they get us the USPSA results!!!

Anxiety relief at last :rolleyes:

I just spoke to the VP of the CPA firm and he said they aint tellin us sh!& till Z has a big cup of STFU.---------Larry

Seems like the VP got some beef with Z eh?

They must have recounted a couple of times to make sure they covered their a$$.

He is just pissed at me cuz I went over his head and spoke to the Prez!! I don't deal with underlings!!! :rolleyes:

Edited to add:

"Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays."

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Edited by zhunter

He is just pissed at me cuz I went over his head and spoke to the Prez!! I don't deal with underlings!!! :rolleyes:

Hahha I understand that one. I've had to do that more than once when i was in high school and More than 10 when i worked at my former job. Me and a Young Manager didn't see eye to eye. So The General Manager took care of it.

Edited to add:

"Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays."

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Sun Tzu never met an accountant. :blink: