USPSA election

Jaxshooter

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing yet!!!!! :angry2: And I leave the country for 5 weeks next Monday.

I will be seriously pissed if I am not able to vote!!!!

And, I will let USPSA know about it too!!!!

Leave instructions to your kids and the stamps. Easy task. Ask them to make a copy of the ballots after marked.

Nothing yet, apparently mine is taking the Sedro to WV via Singapore and London route..... :rolleyes:

Courier pigeon finally dropped my off today (Northern WV), no postmark so I have no idea when it actually left Seattle. It will be back in the mail tomorrow.

Edited by j2fast

OK, now that I got mine, I am gonna send it back Priority Mail. I think it would get there by Sept. 1st anyway, but not taking any chances.

And!!!!!! I DON'T think is was sent out before Aug. 1st either!!!

I am rather pissed off about the fact that it arrived so late. I bet if it was a freakin' bill from dear old Jacobson Jarvis & CO, PLLC it would have arrived BEFORE August 15th!!!

OK, now that I got mine, I am gonna send it back Priority Mail. I think it would get there by Sept. 1st anyway, but not taking any chances.

And!!!!!! I DON'T think is was sent out before Aug. 1st either!!!

I am rather pissed off about the fact that it arrived so late. I bet if it was a freakin' bill from dear old Jacobson Jarvis & CO, PLLC it would have arrived BEFORE August 15th!!!

I agree with you there buddy!!

I bet their bill will not take 15 days to get there either!!

Y

As posted from USPSA website:

One the weekend of August 11-12 the USPSA Board of Directors learned that due to a vendor error, ballots for the 2007 Presidential and Area Director Elections were mailed using "standard" mail rather than first class as required by our bylaws. "Standard" is the postal service's new term for what was previously called "bulk"

USPSA hires a CPA firm to conduct the election, which in turn uses the services of a direct mailing firm for the actual mailing of the ballots. The use of "Standard" rather than "First Class" postage was an error on the part of the direct mail firm.

As a result, the board has acted to take the following actions:

*All members, other than foreign members (whose original ballot was sent via first class mail) will receive a new ballot.

*You may cast your vote with the original ballot or with the new ballot. If the accounting firm receives both, only the new ballot will be counted.

*The deadline for all ballots is extended to October 1, 2007

So does this mean I need to re-cast my vote? Also, is the CPA in question, going to eat the cost of mailing the new ballots or are they planning on sticking it to USPSA to foot the additional cost?

So does this mean I need to re-cast my vote? Also, is the CPA in question, going to eat the cost of mailing the new ballots or are they planning on sticking it to USPSA to foot the additional cost?

I think the mailing Firm, should pay the shipping and they should also pay for the Re-printing of the ballots, it's only fair, they DID Drop the Ball!!

Y

According to what it says, if you have already voted, and you are confident that your ballot will reach Sedro by the deadline, then you won't have to revote. If you do revote, the first one they receive will be the one that counts.

I've already voted, and I'm sure it's been received by now, so I won't vote again. YMMV and all that stuff.

If you haven't gotten one yet, though, you may want to revote, just to ensure that your vote is counted. In that case, I'd vote with the second one, even though I got two of them, eventually.

Troy

According to what it says, if you have already voted, and you are confident that your ballot will reach Sedro by the deadline, then you won't have to revote. If you do revote, the first one they receive will be the one that counts.

OK, I'm confused, I heard if you vote twice, the second one will count!!!

I've already voted, and I'm sure it's been received by now, so I won't vote again. YMMV and all that stuff.

I though this was like Chicago in 1960, vote early and vote often!!

If you haven't gotten one yet, though, you may want to revote, just to ensure that your vote is counted. In that case, I'd vote with the second one, even though I got two of them, eventually.

Troy

I might just vote again, just for kicks!!