USPSA election

Jaxshooter

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd just be happy if I got my Front Site. Renewed my membership in October to be a RO at the Area 6, 3-Gun (yeah I'm a certified RO) and in what'll soon be a year have received ONE issue of the magazine. It was a good one, but one. So, as for voting, I'd love to, but if the USPSA mailing is consistent, I won't get my ballot at all.

Rich

I'd just be happy if I got my Front Site. Renewed my membership in October to be a RO at the Area 6, 3-Gun (yeah I'm a certified RO) and in what'll soon be a year have received ONE issue of the magazine. It was a good one, but one. So, as for voting, I'd love to, but if the USPSA mailing is consistent, I won't get my ballot at all.

Rich

If this is because of varying mailing addresses, I bet there are a bunch of us that would forward (to anyone) ours on to those who desired them...maybe a good idea for those of us that trash them after reading?

Rich

rich-that's quicker than norcal, believe me.

If all the membership does not receive a ballot the election should be null and void in my opinion.

I called the main office and they told me "the ballots are mailed out by someone else and there is nothing they can do if you don't receive one"

Something smells here

Edited by sv38supershooter

From USPSA Bylaws

6.3 Eligibility to Vote:

Eligibility to vote requires a current USPSA membership with an original membership date prior to May 1 of the year of the election.

6.5 Election by Ballot:

The Executive Director shall create a list of eligible voters in accordance with Article 6.3 on the first business day of July in the year of the election. The Board of Directors shall cause ballots for each contested election, to be printed and delivered to a certified public accounting firm selected by the Executive Director at the direction of the Board by July 15th of each election year.

The ballots shall be serially numbered, contain the name of the incumbent, followed by the word "incumbent", followed by the name of any challenger(s). The ballot shall indicate a date by which the ballot must be returned to the accounting firm to be counted. The outgoing envelopes shall be marked with the USPSA logo and the words "USPSA Ballot" in red 18-point lettering.

A list of eligible voters in each Area shall be delivered to the accounting firm. The certified public accounting firm shall:

i.) mail ballots to all individual members on the list by August 1 by first class mail,

ii.) receive the ballots back by return mail, and

iii.) tabulate, certify and report the results to the President and Board of Directors by September 15th of each election year.

It is the voting member's responsibility to mark and complete the ballot and mail it to the certified public accounting firm to be received on or before September 1st of each election year. There is no provision for lost ballots, and the original official ballots, timely received by the certified public accounting firm, through the United States Mail, unopened at time of counting, are the only ballots that shall be counted.

Write-in votes shall be considered invalid, shall not be counted, and shall not be listed in the election results.

The results of the election shall appear in the next regular issue of the corporate newsletter and be posted on the corporate website.

6.7 Quorum and Majority:

The individual members actually voting shall constitute a quorum and those persons receiving the highest number of votes cast shall be deemed elected.

Majority Required: No candidate for Area Director or President may serve without having received a majority of votes cast. In the event that no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes cast, a run-off election shall be conducted between the two candidates receiving the most votes.

6.7 Runoff Election Ballot Procedure:

The run-off election shall be conducted under the terms, conditions, and procedures described in 6.5 for the initial election, except that the deadlines shall be:

i.) ballots shall be mailed to all current members on the original mailing list by November 1st, by first class mail,

ii.) ballots received on or before December 1st are eligible to be counted,

iii.) results shall be reported to the President and Board of Directors by December 15th of each election year.

6.8 Uncontested Election:

In the event that an election for President or Area Director is uncontested, the provisions of Sections 6.5, 6.6, and 6.7 shall be waived. The sole candidate shall be considered to have been duly elected and shall take office in accordance with the provisions of Section 6.2 ii), iii), and iv).

There is absolutely no explaining the USPS. My ballot and my son's ballot both come to my address. Mine arrived today, his did not. Ballots arrived in Lexington, Kentucky on Wednesday, mine arrived 90 miles East two days later.

A few years ago my Credit Union sent a check for 26K to me to buy a new car. It never arrived. I called and they sent another check, which did arrived in about 2 days more than it should have. About 2 weeks later the original check arrived although it was in a letter sent by a total stranger. When I examined it, the original letter was correctly addressed right down to the zip code. The USPS had sent it to another city about 150 miles away and delivered it to someone who's address was nothing like mine.

When I asked the USPS about all of this the only answer I could get was "I don't know". I hate organizations where no one is responsible for anything :angry2:

Gary

When I asked the USPS about all of this the only answer I could get was "I don't know" .................. I hate organizations where no one is responsible for anything .....

Gary

Can I get an AMEN! ;):goof::lol:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN