Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TennJeep1618 said:

It's got about 6K rounds through it at the moment.  Seems to be holding up well so far.

Cool well I definitely keep following this because I'm interested in seeing what kinda Rd count you will see before you start seeing flakes. I hope you don't because that's an awsome looking gun man!

41 minutes ago, Dwampler22 said:

Cool well I definitely keep following this because I'm interested in seeing what kinda Rd count you will see before you start seeing flakes. I hope you don't because that's an awsome looking gun man!

Ive got about 70K on one of my opens guns with a cerkote finish. No flaking at all.

15 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I have extensive experience with cerakote, and you cannot get it to flake if properly applied.

I wouldn't worry about that at all - if you media blast the surfaces and then hit then degrease them to Cerakote's specs, it's not going to flake.

/\ This...If done correctly it will not flake off. It will show holster wear if drawing from kydex or something, but a Open gun in a race holster it should hold up really really well.

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I have extensive experience with cerakote, and you cannot get it to flake if properly applied.

I wouldn't worry about that at all - if you media blast the surfaces and then hit then degrease them to Cerakote's specs, it's not going to flake.

Interesting I guess I heard wrong then!! Lol that's good news!

3 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

Ive got about 70K on one of my opens guns with a cerkote finish. No flaking at all.

That is awsome! Even the tip of the gun where the slide meets the comp isn't wearing due to heat? 

2 minutes ago, Dwampler22 said:

That is awsome! Even the tip of the gun where the slide meets the comp isn't wearing due to heat? 

Not at all. And Ive had to re locktite that comp twice due to it coming loose from heat.

The comp doesn't touch the slide. That's why clearance is built into it during the fitting process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Christmas is around the corner, Santa came early this year, I must have been a very good boy[emoji3]. Thanks to my wife for letting me buy this amazing blaster. And I´m so proud to be the first person to own a Limcat in Norway ( I guess[emoji6]). Order now and get your Limcat @ www.Limcat.com

Congrats on the new Limcat H-Bar Turbo! I shoot one of his "vintage" Razorcats and love it!

On 11/4/2016 at 7:13 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I just finally got a chance to finish up my open pistol. I ended up parkerizing the frame and slide. It gives it a kinda old machinery look. The best part is I did it all myself and it turned out great I think. Thanks, Eric

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

WHAT MAGWELL IS THAT???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, bigboy69 said:

WHAT MAGWELL IS THAT???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello: It is a EMG magwell that Eddie Garcia makes. You can get them at Shooter Connection or directly from Eddie at EMG. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...