Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

Took me awhile but I will finally have a true back up gun in a few days. Picking this up at the Ohio match. If you are shooting the match it will be on display all weekend. If you are considering a custom build I can't say enough good things about Matt Cheely at ccgunworks.com! Thanks Matt!!

attachicon.gifunnamed.jpg

Man! awesome blaster, but I'm really digging that grip.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man sarge I love that grip! That's the ck steel right? Looks great. Can't wait to hear how it shoots.

Yes CK Steel grip. I have been told I will want one on my other gun once I shoot it.

Man sarge I love that grip! That's the ck steel right? Looks great. Can't wait to hear how it shoots.

Yes CK Steel grip. I have been told I will want one on my other gun once I shoot it.

Very nice Sarge!

Shoots good. He wanted me to break it in with a heavier recoil spring, which made the dot move in the glass more than I'm used to. Going to try a 9# spring & ordered an 8#. 17# mainspring, Extreme Engineering ultra light hammer kit, Aftec extractor. 100% reliable with Fiocchi rifle primers.

open%20gun%20008.jpg

Edited by OPENB

Just an FYI - EGW and Briley sell conversion cones that will adapt a bull barrel comp with a 0.685" x 40TPI thread to a 0.575" x 40TPI skinny barrel thread.

I think most of the bull barrel comps are set up for barrels that are 0.400" longer than the slide length, and that would still hold true with the adapter so getting a 6" skinny barrel and cutting to length might be needed depending on the length of your gun's slide.

It's time to show my newness. Why do you mount the red dot on a mount connected to the frame, instead of milling the slide and having it attached directly to the frame? Is it to assist with follow up shots and weight of the slide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk