Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see some Caspian love in the gallery. :cheers:

Is that a Caspian 170mm mag? How is that working for you?

170 in the top pic 140 in the bottom pick. still need a little fine tuning on both buth they get better with every trip to the range.

Here is something for the real steel fans, a custom Caspian framed 38 super my Gunocologist (Dave Pruitt) did a couple years ago. I've been a long time Caspian user and have always appreciated the way they feel in the hand...very natural and balanced. With the Alumagrip grip panels (shown) it weighs a hair over 50 ounces, with Hogue cocobolo wood grips it is a hair under 49 ounces. The Alumagrips feel very good, though and are my favorites. Dave did a great job on this gun and the fit and finish is excellent, I'm sure it will outlast me.

post-61511-0-75426700-1444442015_thumb.j

Edited by Bamboo

Here is something for the real steel fans, a custom Caspian framed 38 super my Gunocologist (Dave Pruitt) did a couple years ago. I've been a long time Caspian user and have always appreciated the way they feel in the hand...very natural and balanced. With the Alumagrip grip panels (shown) it weighs a hair over 50 ounces, with Hogue cocobolo wood grips it is a hair under 49 ounces. The Alumagrips feel very good, though and are my favorites. Dave did a great job on this gun and the fit and finish is excellent, I'm sure it will outlast me.

Haha gunocologist I'm gona use that one !

I have heard rumors Pruitt can build an ok gun.. Lol

• 4 weeks later...

My new open gun in 9mm Major built by Doug Jones at Acc-U-Rail. CK Arms slide/frame, SV Grip, Binary Engineering comp, Cheely 90 degree setback, Brazos XL Zigracker. I also had him fit another barrel in .38 SC with a Cheely 4 port comp. Hoping to get out Thursday afternoon to shoot it.

5667415.jpg

5667416.jpg

5667417.jpg

5667418.jpg

Edited by tyler2you