Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new open gun in 9mm Major built by Doug Jones at Acc-U-Rail. CK Arms slide/frame, SV Grip, Binary Engineering comp, Cheely 90 degree setback, Brazos XL Zigracker. I also had him fit another barrel in .38 SC with a Cheely 4 port comp. Hoping to get out Thursday afternoon to shoot it.

5667415.jpg

5667416.jpg

5667417.jpg

5667418.jpg

Very nice gun, built by a guy that know a little about guns too. I want to ask if the slide racker is the ball/detent and swichable from left to right? Doug did that per your request, correct? Great idea. Edited by a matt

My new open gun in 9mm Major built by Doug Jones at Acc-U-Rail. CK Arms slide/frame, SV Grip, Binary Engineering comp, Cheely 90 degree setback, Brazos XL Zigracker. I also had him fit another barrel in .38 SC with a Cheely 4 port comp. Hoping to get out Thursday afternoon to shoot it.

5667415.jpg

5667416.jpg

5667417.jpg

5667418.jpg

Very nice gun, built by a guy that know a little about guns too. I want to ask if the slide racker is the ball/detent and swichable from left to right? Doug did that per you request, correct? Thanks
Yep, 2 ball detents. Doug did the install. You could swap it to the other side, but it would be angled in the wrong direction.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

a matt, that is awesome looking!! how did it shoot????

Except for issues with the last round in the MBX mags hanging up, it ran great. I bent the top coil forward a bit and left them loaded overnight and it ran like a champ on the next outing. I'll report back after I get it to a match.

Rare, but not the first... Shorty Forty Open Gun! Just for fun, not planning to win any titles.

This is my G23 CO gun with a Carver magwell and 4 port comp. No permanent mods that are illegal for CO, so I can go back and forth as I please.

G23Open_sm.jpg

Edited by splashdown

Just got it put together. Need to take a few thousandths off the back of the comp because it touches the slide. Then I'll start testing loads and playing with springs. I probably won't have it dialed in until Summer.

Can you back off the threads 1 rotation? It would be cheaper then machining the comp. Did you lock tight it or index with the guide rod?

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this is acceptable for this thread - This is my Ruger GP100 "competition-inspired" range toy/plinker/nightstand gun. I may eventually use it in some competition, but for now it's just for fun;

post-58692-0-95925800-1438381343_thumb.j

Current mods include a Weigand optic rail to create a "flat top" receiver similar to an AR platform, with a C-More ARW on top in 6moa. Future plans include Hogue big butt grips, a trigger job, and machining the underlug to lighten it a bit. Eventually I'd like to get the barrel ported as well.