Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 2 Championship

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right! Us revo shooters will assimilate all of you!

Join the Cylindrical Borg Now! :P:blink::o:lol:

Resistance is futile.

Anxiously awaiting an e-mail from Barb. Had the application mailed Aug 1st right from the post office near their home and with luck will get in.

Holy-smokes! I think you must have set a USPSA record on this sell-out. I sent my app Fed-Ex priority overnight on 8/1 and it was signed for at 11:51am on 8/2. You can't do any better than that. I hope I made the cut.

Actually, you can. Mine arrived and was delivered fedex priority 8:10am an 8/2 and I didnt get in.

No one at home had the idea of putting the exact hour and minute that each of 120+ envelopes were received. Some were left at the front door before someone was home. Maybe I should have taken the day off to sit by the front door... but there's those bill things that I have to care of on a monthly basis that overcame the thought of a day off. I am trying my best. We will talk about what to do for next year. This is getting ridiculous... I'm sorry to make everyone so upset, but some things are out of my control. There were 70 people on the waiting list as of last night. I know this because I took the time to open every envelope and enter each name into a spreadsheet.

Until I get something out to everyone in the mail or email, if you want to know if your app made it in, please send me an email & I'll check for you.

A2Chic :ph34r:

rlamarca@cox.net

AZ stats chic, how did this match fill up on august 1st when everyone overnighted them for the 2nd?

if i'm on the waiting list you might as well send my check back because i'm not reserving a plane one week before the match.

thanks for all your hard work and i hope to get to AZ one day.

We're still a long ways from match day. Being on the waiting list this far ahead of time still leaves a pretty good chance to get a slot. Some folks will cancel 'cause the folks they were planning to travel/room/shoot with didn't get in. Others will cancel just because stuff comes up (Life Happens). It's not unusual for the waiting list to clear over 50 people. We'll just have to hide and watch (Our LDF group is #9-17 on the waiting list at the moment).

AZ stats chic, how did this match fill up on august 1st when everyone overnighted them for the 2nd?

if i'm on the waiting list you might as well send my check back because i'm not reserving a plane one week before the match.

Thomas,

What makes you think that the match filled up on 1 Aug?

Didn't even try to get in this year :( . For us, overnight will take 2-3 days and no guarantee by FedEx or UPS.

I'll shoot in other area matches next year, should be easier to get in :P

barry B)

If the match is always this popular then the fairest way to award slots is an online signup, followed by a random selection, within each division. That way the shooters farthest from Arizona will get a fair shot at a slot.

No-one has to spend a lot of money on overnight shipping, just do the deposit thing like they do for Nationals but allow people to sign up over a few days then start the random selection.

It's easier, cheaper and the signup process already exists (the one they use for the Nationals waitlist) so there is no cost outlay for this solution.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by BritinUSA

Tom... The match filled up on August 2nd - that was yesterday, right?

You are shooter # 149 - but if you'd like me to return your application, I'd be happy to do so.

My butt still hurts...

Sorry for the sarcasm - You'll love our match.

A2Chic :ph34r:

People camping out on the doorstep next year?

Add up all the money spent on nextday service obviously over $5000-$6000 if the match is already full with a waiting list of 80 people and there is not enough time to reply to e-mails. If you upped the fee $50 there should be tons of $ to pay RO's and not have all that $ wasted on postage.

I still don't know we got a slot or are on the "list" but I don't like to send multiple e-mails asking, this is way worse than Christmas because I didn't get in last year either :(

Chuck S

this was written earlier in the post....

Actually, you can. Mine arrived and was delivered fedex priority 8:10am an 8/2 and I didnt get in.

and btw how are people finding out they are #9 and #17 on the wait list. is there a wait list online. i sent barb an email asking what my status is, she must be unindated with applications right now she can't see straight.

good luck to all that make it.

Ok, so I made it in this year. Didn't last year. Never had an issue before that. Could wait 2 months and still get in. Rio Salado needs to recognize they have a real problem. If they do not correct it, they will destroy themselves, if they haven't already.

They have created a one day lottery, and it is most certainly not Barbara's fault. She only can deal with what is presented to her, and it has become absurd.

I said this last year (angry at not getting in), and I'll say it again this year (angry that I did get it): This entire situation must be corrected. The only equitable solution that allows access to an overbooked match is a random drawing. That is exactly what happened this year, only it was not equitable to the people who could not (do to many circumsatances out of their control) get an application to Barabra's door on August 2.

The circumstances are numerous, and many who read this can cite them. Flooding in El Paso is just one of many. A Fedex driver who trips and sprains an ankle at 8:00 am on August 2 could be another. The point is that a one-day lottery is absurd. Open it up to accepting applications for a several week time period, then do a random draw.

Now, don't give me any line about "being prepared" or "I had my act together and got my app their quickly". It is past that; it is out of control.

2 cents