Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 2 Championship

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think next year there will be some changes.

But as Jake Kempton once said the Desert Classic will always remain the Desert Classic, it so happens it is also the A2 match.

The A2 match could be split between two clubs or two different dates. Obviously, it is a great match with lots of strong opinions being voiced.

I am sure something will be worked out to some level of satisfaction.

Come on fellas. We gotta at least keep it in sync with Sawyer Brown's original...

I feel tears wellin' up cold deep inside

like my heart's sprung a big break

and a stab of loneliness sharp and painful

that I may never shake

You might say that I was taking it hard

since you wrote me off with a call

But don't you wager that I'll hide in sarrow

when I may lay right down and bawl

Chorus

Now the race is on

and here comes pride in the backstretch

Heartaches goin' to the inside

My tears are holdin' back

They're tryin' not to fall

My hearts out of the runnin'

True love's scratched for another's sake

The race is on and it looks like heartaches

and the winner loses all

One day I ventured in love

never once suspectin' what the final result would be

and how I lived in fear of waking up each morning

finding that you're gone from me

There's ache and pain in my heart

for today was the one that I hated to face

Somebody new came up to win her

and I came out in second place

Chorus

Now the race is on

and here comes pride in the backstretch

Heartaches goin' to the inside

My tears are holdin' back

They're tryin' not to fall

My hearts out of the runnin'

True love's scratched for another's sake

The race is on and it looks like heartaches

and the winner loses all

And they're off...

<Good luck, all!>

I checked with my sponsor (A2 match sponsor) on Monday to make sure I had a sponsor slot with my name on it like I had last year. Just wanted ot make sure I didn't need to "get in the race." :D

See you there!

Neal in AZ

Whooaa is me...

The match is full. Imagine 120+ envelopes on the counter when you arrive home... OMG!

My butt is sore from sitting at the computer for the past 5+ hours entering names... haven't started on the waiting list - but it's there.

Send me a personal email and I'll let you know if you're in or not. I'll be sending out postcards otherwise.

Cheers

A2Chic :ph34r:

rlamarca@cox.net

Given that Barb is still at her computer sending e-mails, she diserves all the chocalate she gets! Since the envelopes were delivered in a randomized fashion by FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc... it's still kind of a lottery. I'm confident the process will be handled with fairness and integrity.

Good Luck!

Edited by Blockhead

:o

May I suggest next year this match

A. Expand to accomodate more shooters

B. Implement a lottery for slots

C. All of the above.

I guess this means it is too late to send chocolate.... :D

Aki,

To do (A) the match will have to move temporally and/or physically. I have been told that the DC is run on the second weekend of Nov since, statistically, that weekend has the best weather of the year. That limits the daylight. It also seems that Rio is pretty much out of bays. I remember a few years ago they ran 12 stages and it sort of did not work. Ran out of daylight. Perhaps it is time for A2 to become a road show?

Signed (smugly knowing I got in this year ;))

Chuck

There is another solution other than moving and that is to add days. I know that A2 hasn't wanted to do that because of the expense and difficulty in getting RO's to stay the whole time. A6 has managed to use different RO's on different days without the earth opening up and sucking them in. Wanna open it up, start the match on Monday. Have Monday/Tue squads, Wed-Thurs Squads and the rest finish up on the normal days. You can open the match up, alot. The people that are desperate to get in, and I'm sure there are alot will fill in the weekday slots. I actually wouldn't mind shooting earlier in the week and spending a few days relaxing (actual vacation?) before the awards and prize day. The increased number of entries should cover the additional costs of the match. Of course this is also said knowing that me and my crew got in.

Holy-smokes! I think you must have set a USPSA record on this sell-out. I sent my app Fed-Ex priority overnight on 8/1 and it was signed for on 8/2. You can't do any better than that. I hope I made the cut.

Edited by TDean

Lawman,

There was a discussion about adding days a couple of years or so. It is probably still somewhere here in the forum. I seem to recall that among participants (not staff) the general consensus is that most people are tapped out in terms of vacation days by then and with T-Giving and Kwanza following closely, it is hard to get clearance from the controlling authority (family, boss, etc) for trading other time for match time. That is one of the drawbacks to having the match in November. I think if we run the match in July at Rio, it may not sell out in two days :rolleyes: !

Later,

Chuck

I know that some, maybe even most people have difficulty getting time off. However, if they want to go bad enough, most people will find a way. There are only so many people that can be accomadated in a 2 1/2 day match. Regardless of the squad model and number of stages. Well scratch that, we can probably get a ton of people through a two stage match but I don't think anyone wants to see that. I would be my spot in this match that if they opened up a wed/thurs set of days, they would still fill it.

Holy-smokes! I think you must have set a USPSA record on this sell-out. I sent my app Fed-Ex priority overnight on 8/1 and it was signed for at 11:51am on 8/2. You can't do any better than that. I hope I made the cut.

Actually, you can. Mine arrived and was delivered fedex priority 8:10am an 8/2 and I didnt get in.

Edited by ipscbob