Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 2 Championship

As I understand, day temps are expected to hover around 75-80◦F degs. However, should I plan to take warm clothing for the early shoot and evening beer drinking??? :huh:

It's been in the low to mid-50's at night here so prepare for that also.

Hey jasmap!!! You shooting the match? :wacko:

Unfortunately no. I had to contact Barb and withdraw. I injured my elbow at work. That's why I haven't been at Rio lately. Good Luck in SS at Area II.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where is the registration going to be? is it at the range?

Map to the RSSC range is here: Rio Directions. When you enter the range, take your first right. The Activity Center is the largest building on the left. There will be signs. This information is in the confirmation that was sent to you.

A2Chic :ph34r:

i just got in from the range and i have to say the props are top notch, i can't wait to ride the roller coaster!

tuesday night steel had to be modified becuase they were using four of the ranges used for the classic. the staff did an excellent job setting up the steel match. i arrived at the range around 3pm and met up with another michigander. the range went hot around 4pm and before i knew i was done shotting. i asked if i could shoot again because i wanted more than a tease. so $10 more bucks and i was in, however, this time i waited for the sun to go down because i wanted to see what it was like to shoot in the dark with lights. hell i traveled 2000 miles and i couldn't go home without shooting steel "under the lights".

all the people that i met were very friendly, it was nice to see the other side of the country for a change. if you ever get the chance to make to the area 2 match come a little early and shoot the tuesday night steel.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet :D

Issued: November 08, 2006 15:01:20 MST

Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs 76 to 81. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph in the morning..becoming west in the afternoon..

Friday night: Mostly clear. Lows 46 to 56. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph in the evening..becoming east after midnight..

Veterans day and Saturday night: Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s to mid 50s. Highs in the mid 70s to lower 80s.

Sunday and Sunday night: Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s to mid 50s. Highs in the mid to upper 70s.

Just got back from the range, stages are excellent. No memory stages that I can recall. Stages are an excellent balance of tight shots, swingers, close targets, bobbers, etc. Weather is great. Roller coaster stage somewhat resembles the roller coaster stage at the 2006 Texas State 3 Gun only you're moving forward and you have access to a foot brake. Should be a great match.