Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

'24'

blackwolf

I'm surprised there are no fans of the show in here. Besides me that is.

I know there are technical challenges with some of the stuff they do - all that aside it is an incredibly addictive and very entertaining show.

For those who do watch - what type of pistol is Jack using? Initial looked like a Glock but once he got in his bag looked like he switched to a Ruger - my only hope is that he uses something better than a Ruger.

BW

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right."

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watchin', too. There are definitely technical issues... firearms, computers, telecom, blah blah blah... but, it's entertaining anyway... Current season appears to be a USP??? In the past, he's had (I think) a Sig, a Glock, who knows what else...

Not that I follow it or anything

(yeah right)

Season 1 was a Sig 226 reverse two tone

Season 2-4 was a H&K USP compact 9mm

and yes he did pull a Glock 19 from under the sofa but went back to his standard H&K UPS 9mm compact.

Yes while there are some technical difficulties with pulling off what they do in 24 hours it is still a very original show full of good action.

What other show on tv starts off with killing two main characters from the previous years?

Should be another great season.

I watched part of the last season when it was on TV. I thought it was a great show and looked fwd to seeing it every week. Im in iraq now. Would anyone be willing to part w/ any of their previous seasons or sell them at a discount price?

Edited by stingerjg

I loved Season 1 and 2, but I have a very hard time watching the other ones. I have a simple question: Couldnt they hire one single computer science college grad, pay him $50k per year, and STOP WITH THE TECHNO CRAP??? They spend countless scenes chating about computer crap in CTU and it is all MADE UP NONSENSE. I love the show from a lot of points of view, but that and the ocassional really bad actor, pull me out of the their world very quick. I tried watching it last nite and when they started talking about sending parameters to screens my brain screamed and ran away. I'll try again.

I have tried to avoid it because I don't have time to watch. Then there was a discussion about the show and the upcoming season on talk radio and so I thought I would take a peak. Watched the two hours last night. I'm in trouble. Noticed that A&E runs four hours of previous seasons on Monday mornings. I'm off work for MLK day and watched while I worked out. I still have it on even as we chat. I'm in serious, serious trouble.

They spend countless scenes chating about computer crap in CTU and it is all MADE UP NONSENSE.

I run into this same issue.... I just laugh at it. It sounds like some of the guys I've interviewed who don't really know what they think they know, and they throw terms like "socket" around with knowing what it actually is. In a situation like that, wouldn't they use one time cipher passwords, and *no one* would be able to log in as someone else?? heh... "Yeah, you can have my password, even though we record everything everyone does and I might be tortured later because you maliciously used my account...." heh heh (see previous seasons). Some of the stuff is plausible but the steps they follow to implement are not. Etc, etc, etc...

I got hooked the first season. Was upset last night when i realized it was on 40 minutes into the show. Looking forward to tonight of course be prepared to be left hanging after every show. Something about this show that i look past the techno crap. Other shows I am picking them apart. It is by far my favorite TV Show.

I watched part of the last season when it was on TV. I thought it was a great show and looked fwd to seeing it every week. Im in iraq now. Would anyone be willing to part w/ any of their previous seasons or sell them at a discount price?

You might try Netflix? At $20 a month, my wife and I have found it to be a cheap way to satisfy our 24 past season fix. I don't know if they'll mail all the way to Iraq, but if they do, there's no late fees/time limits, so if the DVD spends a month in transit, you won't get dinged for it. If they don't mail out of the country, then maybe you could have a family member have them sent to their house, then forward it to you out of country?

My favorite 24 screw up: in the last few episodes of Season 3 (I think), a fairly important character escapes captivity but is barely alive, and we're left on a cliffhanger to see if she's saved in the next episode... and then she's never mentioned again!

A Jack addict from the UK, here, too. :)

In the UK, Season 1 was on the terrestrial & free BBC 1 channel. Thereafter, BBC couldn't justify the spending on future seasons. Since then, it's only available on Sky satellite. I've been surviving on it via DVD boxsets.

Needless to say: I have withdrawal symptons after going cold-turkey each DVD season that I need to watch the next new season's 24 episodes within a day! :lol:

Unfortunately, I'm tempted to steer clear of this thread -as I've only seen upto Season 4 (1 of my faves). And I know you guys just had the 5th Season premiere, on Sunday just gone?

Lab. :)

PS-Wouldn't you just love to see CTU Agents drive a Limcat Custom DragonCat or Dawson Precision Limited Signature Series? :P

Edited by IceDragon

For some reason I don't get tied up in the technical junk either. I know it isn't always right, but I just don't care.

I tried to undermine my enthusiasm for the show in my initial post because last night was the premier and I hadn't seen a post on the show yet.

I am a HUGE fan. Love every minute. I stuck the needle in season 1 and have not gone back. In fact, I have a hard time talking to friends about it. In one sense I want them to experience it. In the other, like any other drug, I'd just feel guilty getting someone into something I knew they'd never be able to escape.

About 30 minutes till the show . . . tick tick tick.

When they kill off Jack (which they will at some point) it'll be a tough day.

I love last night - Derick is like "is he ok?" and Chloe says "don't worry, he's good at this"

Poor Derick has no idea . . . frankly - neither does Chloe.

BW

I love last night - Derick is like "is he ok?" and Chloe says "don't worry, he's good at this"

I thought that was great too!

My style.

It looks to me like Derick could be Jack's replacement when that sad time comes. B)

FM

Edited by Front Man

I can't really say I'm a fan. Maybe I made the mistake of watching 4 seasons of The Shield in 2 weeks and then looking for a substitute when I ran out of episodes. Thank God the Shield is back on TV ;)

I borrowed the 24 DVD's from my landlord. He's a big fan of the show. He also felt bed because he was very certain I would become an addict like him. I tried the first season but it just couldn't grab me. Maybe I'll try it again sometime. If so many people like it, it can't be that bad can it? ;)

You might try Netflix? At $20 a month, my wife and I have found it to be a cheap way to satisfy our 24 past season fix. I don't know if they'll mail all the way to Iraq, but if they do, there's no late fees/time limits, so if the DVD spends a month in transit, you won't get dinged for it. If they don't mail out of the country, then maybe you could have a family member have them sent to their house, then forward it to you out of country?

Ill have to look into that. If it includes the whole season, ill go for it. If its only one disc at a time ill just buy it.

Ill have to look into that. If it includes the whole season, ill go for it. If its only one disc at a time ill just buy it.

There's usually four episodes per disk, so if that's all you ordered (they'll let you keep out three disks at a time) then you can go through a season fairly quickly.