Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

'24'

blackwolf

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to school at night the 1st two years this show hit the air. I did not want to jump into the middle.

Now, with all the fuss about this season being so politically incorrect, I decided I need to get up to speed. ;)

About an hour ago I ordered the first two seasons on DVD. Really looking forward to watching it.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the bitter disappointment. Tonight ruined it for me. Jack is a pussy and stupid to boot. The entire show was transparent and the plot predictable. I am totally bummed. <_<

I'm done.

Jack's "worm" brother conned him AGAIN! Played him like a little kid...Fooled him and stole his lunch money. This is 3 times in two episodes that Jack has been chumped out.... Everyone who meets the guy out thinks and out guts him. I thought I had found a hero but it turns out Jack's feet are clay and so is his head. Jack needs Vic Mackey to teach him how to Man Up.

Damn.

Edited by Merlin Orr

Oh the bitter disappointment. Tonight ruined it for me. Jack is a pussy and stupid to boot. The entire show was transparent and the plot predictable. I am totally bummed. <_<

I'm done.

We DVRed it for later.

I've been disapointed with this season.

I'm done.

We DVRed it for later.

I've been disapointed with this season.

Me too.

Someone dropped the ball this season.

FM

What in the world are you all talking about?!

Jack Bauer gets sold back to the US by the Chinese who tortured him for 2 years (if you have the Season 5 dvd set, you can see the Season 6 Prequel that shows a small taste of the fun THEY had with him), promptly gets chained to a grate (no debrief, no welcome home, here's a razor and a bowl of water, go make yourself presentable, we're selling you out) for bad guys to come get him and torture him some more (steel pike jabbed into your shoulder, anyone?), he then rips his captor's jugular out with his teeth to escape (probably the single most horrifying thing we've seen him do, even above lopping his partner's hand off with a fire axe in Season 3), has to shoot his own parter (that's the second time he's had to kill a fellow agent in cold blood), saves someone from a downed chopper right next to a nuclear warhead going off (2nd one of THOSE he's seen up close), tortures his own brother with a glad bag*, tortures him again with an IV hookup.... and we think he's a wuss??

Sorry, I think this season's great, and has started off a lot stronger than last year's Season 5.

* - Poor Paul McCrane. As ER's Dr. Robert Romano, he lost his arm to a helicopter rotor and then had another chopper crash on top of him. :blink:

Ok...I haven't really followed this season but watched last night. Let me get this right, Jacks "Dad" killed his own son, Jack's Brother, basically kidnapped his own grandson (who he is threating to kill) and is using his daughter-in-law to lure Jack, his only remaining son, into a trap to BLOW UP?? Looks like the DAD is a BAD MAN!!

Ok...I haven't really followed this season but watched last night. Let me get this right, Jacks "Dad" killed his own son, Jack's Brother, basically kidnapped his own grandson (who he is threating to kill) and is using his daughter-in-law to lure Jack, his only remaining son, into a trap to BLOW UP?? Looks like the DAD is a BAD MAN!!

Just taking care of business.... :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Tivo guy's What was that pistol Jack was threatening him with?

Didn't look like an HK

It is a USP Compact. I believe this is the same piece he has had for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

This thing that is really annoying is when he TV shows dub in the sound of cocking a hammer on semi-autos.