Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GX holsters

Blackstone45

• 2 weeks later...

The GX holsters are great products.  I have a couple of them but I wouldn't wait most of a season to get one.  Guns come and go too fast sometimes.  When I buy a competition gun it means I want to shoot it and not have it sit waiting for a holster.

• 2 months later...

His wait time is about 10-12 months. The more you bitch the faster you get it. Sad to say but if you want it faster you need to be a pain in his ass. Joel Park just posted on his instagram that Lafe made him one for the new steel frame pdp. Pretty bad taste if you ask me. Regular customers are waiting 8 months last the quoted time and you send one to your buddy a week after the gun comes out?!

2 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

His wait time is about 10-12 months. The more you bitch the faster you get it. Sad to say but if you want it faster you need to be a pain in his ass. Joel Park just posted on his instagram that Lafe made him one for the new steel frame pdp. Pretty bad taste if you ask me. Regular customers are waiting 8 months last the quoted time and you send one to your buddy a week after the gun comes out?!

I would guess that manufacturers make sweetheart deals with industry contacts, friends, pro shooters, all the time allowing them to jump the line.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2023 at 6:30 PM, aandabooks said:

The GX holsters are great products.  I have a couple of them but I wouldn't wait most of a season to get one.  Guns come and go too fast sometimes.  When I buy a competition gun it means I want to shoot it and not have it sit waiting for a holster.

What would you recommend instead for a Kydex of similar quality? For an Atlas Athena if that makes any difference. 

10 hours ago, CHuynh said:

What would you recommend instead for a Kydex of similar quality? For an Atlas Athena if that makes any difference. 

Can’t beat a Big Dog Steel Carnivore for delivery time, rigidity, speed, fit, and security for a full body holster.

If you  want to stick to Kydex, Hammer Armament makes excellent holsters with a reasonable lead time for a custom holster.

Edited by tt350z

31 minutes ago, tt350z said:

Can’t beat a Big Dog Steel Carnivore for delivery time, rigidity, speed, fit, and security for a full body holster.

I got to look at these with some shooters at the SC Sectional and those are some nice hoslters. If I didn't have mine made by a local guy I would seriously consider one of those. Very impressive how secure it is when locked and how smooth when not.

1 hour ago, tt350z said:

If you  want to stick to Kydex, Hammer Armament makes excellent holsters with a reasonable lead time for a custom holster.

I've tried the Carnivore holster previously, and if I remember correctly, there was some movement/rocking when locked at least on my G17. Am I remembering correctly?

Red Hill and Weber Tactical are good options.  Ultimately, the GX is nicer, but not reasonable unless/until lead times improve.  The RH or WT are still very good and definitely won't hold you back and you can add a lever yourself as mentioned above, which I have done.

Edited by fbzero

On 4/3/2024 at 5:35 PM, ddc said:

I'd get something like a Red Hill Tactical and add a lever tensioner like this: https://www.fgsengineering.com/product/quick-lock-holster-lever/

On 4/4/2024 at 8:35 AM, Zachjet said:

I have a Rht and added a cam lock from McMaster-carr

Thanks for the idea fellas. I might try to add a lock to my RHT. Anyone know the thread pitch for the RHT thumb screw hardware?  8-32? It will save me a trip to the hardware store. 

This is what I'm currently looking at on McMaster-carr: https://www.mcmaster.com/products/cam-lock-levers/cam-handles-5/

Here is the one I used on my recent holster, it worked with existing HW but I had to add a magnet:
https://www.grainger.com/product/KIPP-Cam-Handle-Internal-Threads-20WU79?findingMethod=orderHistory

Here is one I have seen offered recently that looks really good and should work with existing HW:
https://csrgstore.us/products/holster-clamp-with-magnetic-retention

I've also attached a couple of pictures of Holsters I used the Grainger one on but if I was doing it again I'd go with the CSRGstore one.

No description available.

No description available.

5 hours ago, Haywizzle said:

Thanks for the idea fellas. I might try to add a lock to my RHT. Anyone know the thread pitch for the RHT thumb screw hardware?  8-32? It will save me a trip to the hardware store. 

This is what I'm currently looking at on McMaster-carr: https://www.mcmaster.com/products/cam-lock-levers/cam-handles-5/

This is the one I ordered 

image.thumb.png.b4d0831f7d8b5f419a6bc7f2ff94e77c.png

8 hours ago, Haywizzle said:

Thanks. Did it screw right into the nut stud that came with your holster?

Correct,  unscrew the thumb wheel, and thread that in

• 2 weeks later...