Troy McManus DNROI Nationals Incident

rickety_rack19

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm glad this guy made his side known. I'd seen some stuff online about this, but it's good to have a more detailed description from the guy who got cussed out.

Interestingly enough we've apparently got rid of two presidents for bad behavior yet dnroi is still there. It's ironic that dnroi stripped yml of his ro status for basically the same thing. Well, I take that back, apparently yml was joking with a friend, not cussing out staff......

37 minutes ago, RJH said:

Interestingly enough we've apparently got rid of two presidents for bad behavior yet dnroi is still there. It's ironic that dnroi stripped yml of his ro status for basically the same thing. Well, I take that back, apparently yml was joking with a friend, not cussing out staff......

This was one of my first thoughts. HQ has set the precedent on this, clearly he should loose his job.

Just off the top of my head, I can remember the Porta potty incident, him berating a junior steel challenge shooter, and him screaming at shooters doing a walk through the day before they shot... that's 4 actionable, recent, incidents.

His continued employment is a reflection of the leadership.

Edited by BMSMB

9 minutes ago, BMSMB said:

Just off the top of my head, I can remember the Porta potty incident, him berating a junior steel challenge shooter, and him screaming at shooters doing a walk through the day before they shot... that's 4 actionable, recent, incidents.

His continued employment is a reflection of the leadership.

I was walking around working and  started thinking that I was pretty sure that this was not the first incident like this. I reopened this thread and found your post 🤣🤣

Volunteering for anything more than a level 2 for USPSA matches is not an option for me anymore.  I had reservations due to various other reasons I have had volunteering at National Events before the current events that have occurred over the last two years.   There is no benefit volunteering for an organization conducting their business currently, as USPSA is.

35 minutes ago, echotango said:

He is part of the Elite.  Nothing will happen.  I am not a fan of him.  I let my membership expire Sept 1st for reasons like this and others. 

Then this is no longer your concern. It's like quitting a job - once you're out, it's no longer your problem. 

1 hour ago, EarlKeese said:

He should at a minimum decertify himself. 😉

^^^ This.

Let's see how the BOD handles this. But at least it seems that most of us agree that this type of behavior at the top level of the organization must stop. 

To clarify...

I'm not saying that the person writing the letter is right, only that Troy is wrong. It's a bit fishy to admit upfront that the writer "shared some information on the inner workings and finances happening at the org." That's not confidence inspiring that the social media post in question was based on public knowledge and was only criticizing the organization. It looks much more like divulging of privileged information which is sanctionable in any corporation as one of the most serious offenses against the organization. 

But regardless of what the post was or whether the person was right or wrong with regard to the information, the response must be professional, which it wasn't. The venue, the language and everything else was unacceptable, no matter what the person did.

So, let's see if Troy follows up the same way he did against YML, as he should. If he does, it will restore confidence into the top management. If not, well, then we have a legitimate gripe about double standards. 

Troy has a history of berating volunteer ROs at nationals. I saw an occurrence with my own eyes. Will never volunteer for a national event, and never worked a major match after that.

There's a way to communicate with people that is respectful. Clearly Troy does not care and does not respect anyone else.

Edited by sc68cal

5 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

This is what happens when you get more than a token salary and have zero oversight. 

^^^ Bingo.

Another part is that once the organization grows, the standard of behavior changes. The frat stuff at L1 matches works, but it's also where it ends. 

19 minutes ago, sc68cal said:

Non-members still have a stake in this because their local club activity fees and classifier fees get paid to USPSA HQ.

You need to be more respectful

Why would he attend a USPSA-sanctioned match? What's wrong with local outlaw matches, IDPA, ICORE, SASS and others? That's the way to send the message, by shopping the competition, no? 

17 minutes ago, echotango said:

That is the new typical attitude. Not surprised. And why things will never get better. 

The things will get better when we hold our representatives accountable. When we put the time and effort to change the organization. Quitting doesn't change anything. It's just quitting. 

I can talk to Leighton, who is my AD, and voice my concerns. I can also vote for him or someone running against him if he ignores me. And I can talk to my fellow USPSA members and we can all vote to make a change. I voted in the recent elections, you didn't. Our local clubs can decide to align with IDPA instead if this is too much. There are options. But if the clubs associate with the IDPA, they are done with the USPSA and everyone is happy. Or at least should be. 

2 hours ago, r4ptor said:

As a European IPSC shooter I can only say: "the f is going on over there"

Kind of baffling the whole series of events.

Unfortunately, if you look at the timeline, we are talking about many years, closer to a decade. The real question is why so many members didn't know what's been going on here or chose not to pay attention until now. 

And it's not all bad, the way it comes out in forums. USPSA doesn't have structural problems or problems with the product. It's the personnel and management that need to be sorted out. Even if USPSA runs out of all the money, it's the local clubs that run the matches, own props, set up stages and attract shooters. As long as there is an umbrella organization that provides rules and keeps classification system, everything will be fine. And it takes very little to have that. 

We just need to clean up our house...

41 minutes ago, IVC said:

Why would he attend a USPSA-sanctioned match?

Because you can still shoot a USPSA match without being a member of USPSA. You can still have an opinion about how USPSA is managed, without being a member. You are gatekeeping