Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lawsuit against USPSA

BritinUSA

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I fear voting with our wallets is the only way to create real change at the top. Only when the org is bankrupt can wholesale changes to the structure be made. (If your belief is that the problem isn't just the people but also the structure they operate within)...

I've been a member for over 23 years and will not renew. 

Couple of months ago, when all shenanigans' / "accusations" started to go public, I contacted my AD and indicated there should be more communication / transparency from the BOD.  I indicated that a brief statement indicating "the matter is being evaluated" would suffice for the moment.

He's response was "I can't talk about it".

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

I think IPSC got rid of Fixed Time too, it's all Comstock, all the time.   

Yes, but fixed time is not necessarily dumb IF you do it with turning targets and do not limit rounds fired. VC is dumb no matter which way you look at it. I, for one, will welcome our IPSC overlords. 

Although I am no longer a USPSA member, having let my membership lapse in 2022 after 6 years to pursue other activities, I am interested in getting back to action pistol later this  year.  I just wanted to say I appreciate the forum to allow this discussion to continue, and find it very valuable.

Kind of ridiculous the DNROI thread got locked. If there’s s problem with a member’s post moderate that post, otherwise you’re effectively doing the same thing USPSA BOD is doing! There needs to be a place to discuss this. Unbelievable. Please unlock that post, i dont see anything personal…

Edited by ColoradoNick

18 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Agreed; Fixed time with a second beep on a timer is nuts.

the majority of experienced shooters seem to have a different opinion. We've had very positive feedback on the fixed time short courses that have become more popular over the last year or so. Maybe it's just a fad people will get tired of, but it provides an interesting shooting challenge, and some risk-reward decisions. I don't see any particular reason to have the round count limited however.

Just now, motosapiens said:

the majority of experienced shooters seem to have a different opinion. We've had very positive feedback on the fixed time short courses that have become more popular over the last year or so. Maybe it's just a fad people will get tired of, but it provides an interesting shooting challenge, and some risk-reward decisions. I don't see any particular reason to have the round count limited however.

I've not done one, but I think they look interesting. Someone who does a lot of dryfire with par times should be pretty good at them I'd think. Assuming your dryfire is pretty honest. 

50 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

I've not done one, but I think they look interesting. Someone who does a lot of dryfire with par times should be pretty good at them I'd think. Assuming your dryfire is pretty honest. 

one thing i like about them is no-penalty mikes sort of gives you permission to hang it out a little bit with less risk, which can make people more comfortable with going fast in general. An entertaining variant is to make the time so unreasonable that no one can realistically shoot it all, so then you have to pick and choose whichever positions and targets you think will maximize the points, and leave some out. Or just go balls-out and aim alot less...

It's worth noting that these stages are quite a bit different than the old school stand and shoot fixed time classifiers.... but I like those too, as long as it's not all the time. A fixed time stage every other major match, or every 3-4 local matches seems like it adds some flavor without getting tiresome, but that's just my opinion...

Edited by motosapiens

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

No, fixed time is dumb. Try hearing a 2nd beep when you're double plugged with open guns going off in the next bay. 

Virginia Count makes it even worse. 

One question not asked during the video was; 

"Is USPSA's 501(c)(3) status impacts by the lack of corporate standing?"

Delaware allows a corporation to continue for 3 years to enable tax filings etc to be completed if a business fails. From 2015 onwards the org was delinquent, granting the three year grace period from then means that technically the org did not exit from 2018.

501(c)(3) requires that a business be incorporated in good standing, which it clearly was not for tax years 2018-2022. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoNick said:

Kind of ridiculous the DNROI thread got locked. If there’s s problem with a member’s post moderate that post, otherwise you’re effectively doing the same thing USPSA BOD is doing! There needs to be a place to discuss this. Unbelievable. Please unlock that post, i dont see anything personal…

I agree.  I don't understand it.  The words "political" and "personal" are used frequently.  But "politics" is everywhere and not necessarily a bad thing; necessary, in fact.  

On 9/12/2023 at 10:18 AM, IVC said:

This happened on the heels of a sexual harassment lawsuit, it was the president himself, it happened at a major match and we do know about both dry-humping and the inappropriate language (calling "deltas" "dicks" and maybe more). The remedy was from Troy at NROI, not from the BOD. 

Interesting, from recent posts from PSI it appears a recent new board member in the 'Finance Committee' has been denied access to historical financial data.  The Org has somehow misplaced(?) a 7 figure sum of money and the new member of the 'Finance Committee' is asking how/what/where? 

Has there been a second another(?) sexual harassment lawsuit that is being covered up like the KW lawsuit?

Nolan

22 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

As stated in the video he specializes in bankruptcy law in Arkansas.

23 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

As stated in the video he specializes in bankruptcy law in Arkansas.

My video missed that part. Thanks 

8 minutes ago, varminter22 said:

I agree.  I don't understand it.  The words "political" and "personal" are used frequently.  But "politics" is everywhere and not necessarily a bad thing; necessary, in fact.  

Right. I even emailed the moderator team here with no response. This place is eerily similar to USPSA HQ. Meanwhile we're all complaining about how we got here... SMH. 

27 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Interesting, from recent posts from PSI it appears a recent new board member in the 'Finance Committee' has been denied access to historical financial data.  The Org has somehow misplaced(?) a 7 figure sum of money and the new member of the 'Finance Committee' is asking how/what/where? 

Sorry, what is PSI?