Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 507Comp ???

RippSpeed

Im planning on buying this. My steel challenge guns are all 2MOA green circle +dots, I don’t like red dots as much (I feel they get washed out more easily in non-ideal conditions). This would be the first big MOA (2+8MOA circle, which my astigmatism will turn into a dot overall lol) big window green dot offering I believe

12 minutes ago, 42ATK said:

Im planning on buying this. My steel challenge guns are all 2MOA green circle +dots, I don’t like red dots as much (I feel they get washed out more easily in non-ideal conditions). This would be the first big MOA (2+8MOA circle, which my astigmatism will turn into a dot overall lol) big window green dot offering I believe

you like the green dot ... how do you deal with the dot being washed out in grass/ green back stops ???

@RippSpeed in my own experience under speed shooting experience my dot doesn’t really get “lost” on green backgrounds as I’m usually close enough to on the plate or IPSC targets for me to know where it is, I’m bringing the dot to my eyes rather than searching with the dot. Long distance is another story 

Edited by 42ATK

Makes sense.  It's good to have options.  Think I'll like the dot with 20 moa circle.   

I already know I like the dot and 32 moa circle.  

Will probably get one when I see one actually for sale.  

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Any more comments on this?  I ordered one yesterday to replace a 2.5 MOA SRO.  I'm going to move to larger dots on all my guns eventually.  I like that you can zero with the 2 MOA dot then switch to the dot and 8 MOA circle which I plan to use for USPSA matches.  Not sure I will ever use the larger circles.  Any reliability issues?  

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Any more comments on this?  I ordered one yesterday to replace a 2.5 MOA SRO.  I'm going to move to larger dots on all my guns eventually.  I like that you can zero with the 2 MOA dot then switch to the dot and 8 MOA circle which I plan to use for USPSA matches.  Not sure I will ever use the larger circles.  Any reliability issues?  

I've got a couple of 3 gun buddies that run them and have good things to say about them. I haven't been in the market for a new dot for a while, so I still haven't picked one up, but I will be the next time I need a dot. 

I don't personally like the idea of the circle and dot reticle for a handgun, but I run a 510c on my open shotgun and really like it there. It helps me "aim" less with my shotgun, as I know my pattern will generally hit anywhere within the circle, so I can transition between targets a good bit quicker than I was with just a dot. 

I've had one on my LO Prodigy, about 5000 rds. so far. I didn't think I'd like the dot in the 8moa circle, but I use it as one big dot, and I'm into it now. The green version is the brightest dot I've ever used, I have to turn it down even in cloudless sunshine. 

I have one on my LO gun, in dry fire I stacked the dot and the 8 moa ring and liked it, but when I ran it in practice and matches I found it to be too big

I’m running just the 2 moa dot and I turn it up till it blooms for most stages and turn it down if there’s any standards with far targets

Mine just lives on a .22 right now, haven't used it in USPSA. The "8 MOA" circle seems much bigger than that to my eyes, compared to an 8 MOA C-More.

32 minutes ago, Guitarmageddon said:

As a loyal 6moa gang member before the 507, I can say that turning up the 2moa point until it blooms a little bit is basically perfect. I always poo poo'd these small dots but this one is for sure nice.

im going to try this, but the 8moa circle + dot is already so perfect on everything except 40 yard mini poppers that i haven’t gotten around to it. at 12-13 yards the 8moa circle fits entirely within the height of the upper a zone, and i can’t really shoot more accurately than that when racing. i do. turn it down 1-2 clicks if there is a preponderance of difficult targets.

I just use the dot.  I don't love the blocky 'ears' on it but I guess the Youtubers that like intentionally dropping guns won that battle.