Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC Optic

1 hour ago, NyRey87 said:

I would really like to stay under $300 for a sight.

That optic is very small.  If this is for competition use it may be wise to save a little more and pick up a Holosun HS510c.  If the budget does not allow I would go with the C-More slide ride version.  

If it is for a range toy that optic would be fine. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, NyRey87 said:

About to pull the trigger (lol) on a Vortex Venom Red Dot for my GMR-15. Anyone have any real world experience with one for PCC? Thanks

I have one.  It's a 6moa dot, but I use it on my M&P Pro.  For PCC, I use the C-more Railways.  6 moa for steel matches & USPSA and 14 moa for steel challenge.

What questions do you have about the Venom?

1 hour ago, stick said:

I have one.  It's a 6moa dot, but I use it on my M&P Pro.  For PCC, I use the C-more Railways.  6 moa for steel matches & USPSA and 14 moa for steel challenge.

What questions do you have about the Venom?

Wanted to know how people liked it on the PCC platform.

I just won one on auction like new in box on eBay but didn’t realize until reading here the glass is only 5/8” tall. Now I’m having regrets about it. I should’ve noticed before I bought it.

I go back and forth between 510c and pistol size like Venom.  I'm going to stick with 510c for rest of summer and then see when weather changes how much I love that big open emitter.  As for Venom, it can be a great 45 offset sight if you decide to go that route.

3 hours ago, idahoyotes said:

I go back and forth between 510c and pistol size like Venom.  I'm going to stick with 510c for rest of summer and then see when weather changes how much I love that big open emitter.  As for Venom, it can be a great 45 offset sight if you decide to go that route.

I was thinking I’ll just hold on to it most likely exactly for that reason. I think I’m going to save for a C-More. They check all the boxes. 

5 hours ago, NyRey87 said:

I was thinking I’ll just hold on to it most likely exactly for that reason. I think I’m going to save for a C-More. They check all the boxes. 

2 moa C-more slide ride on sale in Amazon for less than $200

IMG_1287.thumb.png.c66e637b8d9c76a28ce9abaf14090f62.png

I’m still running the same c-more railway on my pcc since 2016 with a 4moa dot

yes it’s old school, the battery life sucks, looks big and archaic, no fancy reticle 

but it works and I never found a reason the change

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I mean, maybe to you...but it wouldn't be to me. 

I initially ran a 6MOA CMore railway and that thing was awesome, except for battery life and worrying about durability during run and gun events.

Switched to the HS510 with outer shield removed, on the lower 1/3rd riser. Tough to beat with the solar backup, shake awake. Very little optical distortion as well. I like small bright dots, though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 7:42 PM, Midwest3Gunner said:

I think FTP Alpha 3s have 6, 8 or 10 moa options. There's a thread on here where FTP keeps a list of what's available updated. Either the Open gun subforum or Accesories/Gear subforum.

I have a 6 MOA FTP Alpha and the dot is amazing.  I have astigmatism and this is one of the cleanest dots I’ve seen.  

Just picked up an AEMS Core Green to replace my 510C green. So far seems like a great optic. I prefer a single dot, so didn't need the full AEMS with that reticle. Nice that it comes with a lower 1/3 mount which I prefer. Glass clarity is good, like that it is fully enclosed in case of rain. Importantly for me, gets about 2 settings brighter than the 510c, which was my main gripe about that optic. The 510c was still reasonably visible at max brightness for sunny days, but dimmer than I would like for a 2moa dot and sometimes found it harder to track.

AEMS is nowhere near as bright as the 507comp though - that optic gets another 3 settings above the AEMS it feels like (max brightness is too much even on the brightest days)

When I was shooting USPSA exclusively I was a 510c guy like many others have recommended. When I went to SCSA I broke ranks and went to the Cmore Railway and have not looked back. The primary driver for change was the flexibility to swap out the module. For USPSA I prefer as smaller 6MOA profile as we routinely encounter small poppers and tight shots at distance. For SCSA I like an 8MOA for faster target acquisition. Because of this the ability to make adjustments and the relatively low cost of the Cmore made sense for us because we shoot both disciplines equally. C more also has exceptional customer service and support.

15 hours ago, Old3GNR said:

I've been shooting the C-More for 6 years with no issues other than trying to find a store to buy batteries.

Amazon,

Three packs.

My C-more lasts a month of shooting two matches each weekend.

I turn it off after every stage.

I have five of them. Some on rifles, some on pistols.

Never had to send one in for repair over a period of fifteen years or more.

I really like that you can change the dot size from 1 moa up to 16 moa.

6 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Amazon,

Three packs.

My C-more lasts a month of shooting two matches each weekend.

I turn it off after every stage.

I have five of them. Some on rifles, some on pistols.

Never had to send one in for repair over a period of fifteen years or more.

I really like that you can change the dot size from 1 moa up to 16 moa.

Forgot to add,

They don't cost $500 and you don't have to spend another $500 for when they break down and have to be sent in for repair.

And the dot is as bright and brighter than most other dots.

I admit they don't look as cool as the $500 ones and they weigh "oh my God" a full two oz. more.

Okay, mini rant over.