Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, echotango said:

50-59 Junior Senior

60-69 Senior

70+ Super Senior

IPSC senior starts at 50

USPSA senior was 50-60 through the 2004 rulebook.  It changed to 55-65 in the  2008 rulebook.  I was a senior for just shy of 15 years---50-65.   Not sure why it changed.

A 75+  super duper old fart  category would work,  but you would have to waive the 5 participant minimum at majors.  Past 70 participation starts dropping off fast.

Edited by open17

22 hours ago, open17 said:

USPSA senior was 50-60 through the 2004 rulebook.  It changed to 55-65 in the  2008 rulebook.  I was a senior for just shy of 15 years---50-65.   Not sure why it changed.

A 75+  super duper old fart  category would work,  but you would have to waive the 5 participant minimum at majors.  Past 70 participation starts dropping off fast.

Not sure is this is just anecdotal or not, but had been told the change was to accommodate Robbie Latham getting older, lol.

Edited by vluc

19 minutes ago, vluc said:

Not sure is this is just anecdotal or not, but had been told the change was to accommodate Robbie Latham getting older, lol.

I believe Mike Voigt was approaching 50 at that time 😉 

• 8 months later...

Don't we have enough classes?  Why not give "Participation Trophies" to anyone over 70? 

I remember when it was just bring your gun and you shot against everyone on an even basis.  I'm 71 btw so I'm close to Super Senior if it happens but saying " I won my class " because there were so few of us is silly.  I'd rather come in last and say I had a good time.

3 hours ago, MHicks said:

Yes. I thought I'd seen that USPSA has added 70+ Distinguished Senior.

They should have called the 70+ category "FOSSIL" or perhaps Decrepit Senior.

Nolan

My AD indicated they did adopt Distinguished Senior. From a March 9 email

"Distinguished senior is 70 and older and was passed at the board meeting. USPSA will be putting out an announcement. It is  scheduled for tomorrow."