Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chaos 2

scduckman03

1 hour ago, Bdh821 said:

It's too bad the grips are proprietary.

I was thinking this as well.  Its an amazing system I am surprised someone did not come up with before this.  After spending some time with the Alpha grip on my Athena, I am trying to figure out how to make all my other pistol grips similar.  

Edited by Boomstick303

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

I was thinking this as well.  Its an amazing system I am surprised someone did not come up with before this.  After spending some time with the Alpha grip on my Athena, I am trying to figure out how to make all my other pistol grips similar.  

I really like that you can maximize contact in the places you want to and minimize it in other places.  So for me, as an example, I liked the large panel on the left as it filled my support hand nicely where as a standard panel on the right hand side was adequate and allowed me to hold the gun in my strong hand with a proper grip.

Got my hands on a Chaos V2 in 9 major.  The grip panels are amazing. By far my favorite part of the gun. I have big hands and this is the first steel grip that actually fits my hands properly.  I have the palm sell on the right and stepped on the left.  

I've had two range sessions so far and am fighting failure to eject issues. Most shells just dribble out. About 1 in 10 stove pipe. I checked extractor tension and it's pretty tight.   I'm using the same all that makes 172 PF in my chaos V1.

Tomorrow I plan to test an 8 lb and an 8 lb variable recoil to see if that makes any difference.  It came with a 9 lb. If that doesn't help I'll call atlas on Monday. 

Edited by KTM530XCW

On 2/19/2022 at 9:18 PM, KTM530XCW said:

Got my hands on a Chaos V2 in 9 major.  The grip panels are amazing. By far my favorite part of the gun. I have big hands and this is the first steel grip that actually fits my hands properly.  I have the palm sell on the right and stepped on the left.  

I've had two range sessions so far and am fighting failure to eject issues. Most shells just dribble out. About 1 in 10 stove pipe. I checked extractor tension and it's pretty tight.   I'm using the same all that makes 172 PF in my chaos V1.

Tomorrow I plan to test an 8 lb and an 8 lb variable recoil to see if that makes any difference.  It came with a 9 lb. If that doesn't help I'll call atlas on Monday. 

For $8k this is what you get from a gun you can't choose any options on and is marketed as the perfect open gun? And on top of that they made 15 of them. How in the actual s#!t does this happen? That's 1 in 15 that failed. I'm no math teacher but it seems like a terrible failure rate to me. I would assume they fully tested each of these guns before sending out the door.

Actually I'm not even surprised at all. And I could give a pretty good guess at the excuses that will be used to deal with this. 

On 2/26/2022 at 10:53 PM, Bakerjd said:

For $8k this is what you get from a gun you can't choose any options on and is marketed as the perfect open gun? And on top of that they made 15 of them. How in the actual s#!t does this happen? That's 1 in 15 that failed. I'm no math teacher but it seems like a terrible failure rate to me. I would assume they fully tested each of these guns before sending out the door.

Actually I'm not even surprised at all. And I could give a pretty good guess at the excuses that will be used to deal with this. 

My thoughts exactly...

On 2/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, KTM530XCW said:

send it back to Altas, this is unacceptable

On 2/28/2022 at 11:17 PM, zdali said:

Somewhat related, while tuned well out of the box, Atlas 170mm mags don't pass IPSC gauge.

IMG_20220301_165802 (1).jpeg

Well considering you don't have an EGW mag gauge and that's the official one.....  

I have 17 Atlas 9 mm mags, 12 140 and 5 170. They all pass the EGW gauge easily. My 40 cal STI mags all fail in my opinion but they are close. My MBX mags in 40 cal all fail. I had to work on them in case I get checked. They are close enough to fix but the Atlas actually passed with slight slop in the gauge.

10 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

There’s a difference in magazine dimension for IPSC vs USPSA. I don’t think the Atlas mags are for IPSC.

They will be eventually...

On 3/3/2022 at 4:26 AM, Silverscooby27 said:

There’s a difference in magazine dimension for IPSC vs USPSA. I don’t think the Atlas mags are for IPSC.

This is true. Even do the Atlas mags I have would the closest to pass the IPSC spec. 

Since there is only a 1.5 mm difference in IPSC and USPSA specs I expect the Atlas mags have sufficient slop in the USPSA gauge to pass IPSC spec. That is speculation because I have no data and don’t plan to buy an IPSC guage. Nevertheless the Atlas mags are in fact the shortest 

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of an aside, but I picked up an Atlas 170 to test out. It only fits 28 vs the 29 of my MBX?

Also doesn't really seem like that 28 is reloadable. I tried letting them sit overnight, but it's super tight still.

On 3/26/2022 at 7:39 PM, lroy said:

Kind of an aside, but I picked up an Atlas 170 to test out. It only fits 28 vs the 29 of my MBX?

Also doesn't really seem like that 28 is reloadable. I tried letting them sit overnight, but it's super tight still.

I doubt letting it sit overnight will really do much to the spring. Cycling it is what will break it in. I know the older atlas 170 I have is basicly a paperweight. Don't even keep it in my range bag. 

On 3/26/2022 at 7:39 PM, lroy said:

I have 2 Atlas 170s (in addition  to a gaggle of MBXs).  They were 28 reloadable right out of the box.  I can stuff 29 rounds but not reloadable.  My MBXs are all 30R29

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to go with the v2.  Until I saw the price 😂.   For a off the shelf production open gun they’re insane for charging that.      I started pricing other open builds, lead times and features.    The limcat was the best out of all the custom builders for features, price, lead times and warranty.     Why anyone would go with the v2 with the price and features is beyond me.  

1 minute ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

I was going to go with the v2.  Until I saw the price 😂.   For a off the shelf production open gun they’re insane for charging that.      I started pricing other open builds, lead times and features.    The limcat was the best out of all the custom builders for features, price, lead times and warranty.     Why anyone would go with the v2 with the price and features is beyond me.  

Agreed. Did you price SV? Can easily be less than Atlas and Limcat and wow are they good. 

1 minute ago, Posvar said:

Agreed. Did you price SV? Can easily be less than Atlas and Limcat and wow are they good. 

I went with the limcat.  4 month wait time felt the easiest to wait for.  I also had the opportunity to shoot a limcat that a guy at my local club had so they helped cement my decision. 

2 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

I went with the limcat.  4 month wait time felt the easiest to wait for.  I also had the opportunity to shoot a limcat that a guy at my local club had so they helped cement my decision. 

Which one? OTSRB? 

4 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Good choice. The overhead adds a ton of weight in the wrong spot. Top heavy 

Several people including Julian lim recommended that one to me.   And the guy at my local has the TSRB shorty that I tested.   It was at dlc this week so I’m hoping to see it in my hands next week sometime 😬

1 minute ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

Several people including Julian lim recommended that one to me.   And the guy at my local has the TSRB shorty that I tested.   It was at dlc this week so I’m hoping to see it in my hands next week sometime 😬

Yeah. I like the shorty. The TSRB is ideal but as I said the overhead TSRB with that chunk on top of the island barrel is no beuno.