Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA DS9 Hybrid

Csalt

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand this gun for uspsa. They look cool and may run fine but I can't see too many people getting these for competition. It's like they asked Bobby what division did you sell the least amount of guns for - limited minor or open minor? Well lets make one gun that will do both these divisions almost no one wants to shoot minor in...

There’s plenty of tactical oriented shooters in the 2011 market right now, I doubt USPSA was even considered when designing it. They’ll probably sell just as many, if not more MPA DS9s than they would actual Limited or Open guns 

11 hours ago, Chillywig said:

I don't understand this gun for uspsa. They look cool and may run fine but I can't see too many people getting these for competition. It's like they asked Bobby what division did you sell the least amount of guns for - limited minor or open minor? Well lets make one gun that will do both these divisions almost no one wants to shoot minor in...

A 40 S&W is in the works and there’s rumor that an open gun may be forthcoming. 

Hey guys, this is Phil from MPA. Just joined the forum today. A couple of things regarding this post:

• We are coming out with a 40 cal version. Should be available in the next 4-6 weeks. This will obviously serve the Limited shooters. That was one of the additions we needed for our product line for Travis Tomasie.
  • There will be a TT Comp version also coming shortly. Built exactly the way Travis wanted it configured. 
  • We will be offering a pure race gun. This will be coming in the 4th quarter of this year.
  • On the mags, working with MBX right now to start offering their mags with our pistols. Adrian has been great to deal with. 
  • Input from shooters is well received by my company. Listening to our customer base only helps us provide a better product, meeting the needs, based on the application.
Edited by Masterpiecearms

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, Masterpiecearms said:

Hey guys, this is Phil from MPA. Just joined the forum today. A couple of things regarding this post:

• We are coming out with a 40 cal version. Should be available in the next 4-6 weeks. This will obviously serve the Limited shooters. That was one of the additions we needed for our product line for Travis Tomasie.
  • There will be a TT Comp version also coming shortly. Built exactly the way Travis wanted it configured. 
  • We will be offering a pure race gun. This will be coming in the 4th quarter of this year.
  • On the mags, working with MBX right now to start offering their mags with our pistols. Adrian has been great to deal with. 
  • Input from shooters is well received by my company. Listening to our customer base only helps us provide a better product, meeting the needs, based on the application.

So Travis Tomasie is shooting for MPA? That's legit. But big question is what will warranty look like? And who is actually building the guns? 

• 2 weeks later...

Bakerjd, I can understand your concern. Warranty coverage from other companies in this product realm seems to be less than adequate. Our warranty is pretty basic. Lifetime warranty to the original user. If the failure is due to workmanship or component failure, we fix it at no cost. If the customer causes the failure, we dont. I will say that customer service for our company always leans toward the customer. If the issue is a "grey area" problem, we will take care of the correction. Our ultimate goal is the make the customer happy. We dont hide behind the small print to avoid warranty claims. 

The final build on the pistol occurs at our Camilla, GA facility (Previous location of Freedom Gunworks/CK Arms). Our main location produces a majority of the components used in the builds and we transport them to the Camilla location for the build completion. 

3 hours ago, Masterpiecearms said:

Bakerjd, I can understand your concern. Warranty coverage from other companies in this product realm seems to be less than adequate. Our warranty is pretty basic. Lifetime warranty to the original user. If the failure is due to workmanship or component failure, we fix it at no cost. If the customer causes the failure, we dont. I will say that customer service for our company always leans toward the customer. If the issue is a "grey area" problem, we will take care of the correction. Our ultimate goal is the make the customer happy. We dont hide behind the small print to avoid warranty claims. 

The final build on the pistol occurs at our Camilla, GA facility (Previous location of Freedom Gunworks/CK Arms). Our main location produces a majority of the components used in the builds and we transport them to the Camilla location for the build completion. 

when are you guys coming out with your open gun.  I am ready to purchase my next open gun.  Bobby built it I want another one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 11:07 AM, Masterpiecearms said:

Glock17, getting ready to release our Commander (4.25) and 40 Cal DS40 Travis Tomasie Limited models. Open guns are next!.

Thanks for sharing the info! And I'm very interested if you come out with a commander 9mm with that iron sight and sight plate. 

• 2 weeks later...

The DS40 TT model is listed on the MPA website now.  I have a DS9 I just bought a couple of weeks ago.  It's a nice gun for sure and works for 3 gun, steel challenge, and limited minor.  The chamber is definitely tighter than my CZ shadow.  Rounds that will chamber in the CZ aren't even close in the DS9. I went ahead and checked all the 9mm I had in the DS9 barrel.  About 150 rounds out of 1800 wouldn't chamber.  Mostly S&B brass and all the brass was range pickup.  I've had a few FTF but a whack on the bottom of the mag makes it feed right in.  That was using MBX mags.  I've got about 350 rounds in it now with one scsa and one uspsa match.  I think the gun is well made and should be great after it's broken in.  I will have to add some grip tape though. At least on the left side for my support hand.  It's just a little bit too slick for my liking.

I have a DS9 and have been having issues with magazines. Waiting on MPA to help out. I went out and bought a MBX mag to try in the DS9 and it doesn't want to go into the mag well all the way. When I get the mag in, the trigger will not work. I've also tried Atlas mags, they will work but the initial trigger pull is a hard pull. I've been exchanging emails but waiting on the final word if they will take it in for service.

18 hours ago, WildPete said:

I have a DS9 and have been having issues with magazines. Waiting on MPA to help out. I went out and bought a MBX mag to try in the DS9 and it doesn't want to go into the mag well all the way. When I get the mag in, the trigger will not work. I've also tried Atlas mags, they will work but the initial trigger pull is a hard pull. I've been exchanging emails but waiting on the final word if they will take it in for service.

Sounds like the trigger bow is rubbing the mags.

I am having mag issues as well. Some mags, new MBX and STI mags won't even go into the gun others will. I have not reached out to MPA yet so interested in what they are telling you about the mag issue? Any help would be great.

4 hours ago, Csalt said:

I am having mag issues as well. Some mags, new MBX and STI mags won't even go into the gun others will. I have not reached out to MPA yet so interested in what they are telling you about the mag issue? Any help would be great.

I will be sending in my DS9 when I get back home. I will be including all my mags with the gun. MPA has sent a shipping label along with my RMA #.

20 hours ago, ParaGunner said:

Sounds like the trigger bow is rubbing the mags.

By all means don’t try to do a reload until you get it fixed. Mag insertion with trigger bow contact in the wrong place can cause the gun to fire if I recall

18 hours ago, Csalt said:

Yep, talked with Phil at MPA today. He reached right out when I emailed about the mag issues. They are going to swap out the grip and mag well.

That's good news. I sent mine off today.

Hopefully the grip is different as the stock grip is slippery with the golf ball style dimples.