Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA DS9 Hybrid

Csalt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had problems with my DS-9 mags. I reached out to MPA. And Phil was back to me right away and resolved the issues. I can't think of any other manufacturer that resolved an issue, so easily for me. The gun is fantastic and service after the sale is too.

Guys, Phil from MPA here. On the feeding issues identified in this post, we have identified the culprit. Recently we decided to make a change in our mag supplier to MBX. This has corrected the feeding inconsistency. On the mag fit, the MBX mag body dimensions are larger than the ones from our previous supplier. Although we were using MBX mags to confirm fitment, the ones we had in house (before we made the change) would allow proper fitment into our grips. Once we received in a larger group of mags from MBX and measured the front to back dimensions, many were larger than the ones we had for original testing. All of this has been corrected. For any customer that had this issue, we are replacing both the magazines and the grips, at no charge to the customer and are also covering the overnight shipping expense. Moving forward, all grips are fully MBX compatible and all pistols are shipping with 2 MBX mags (126 & 140mm). If anyone needs any help with this, reach out to me directly. phil@masterpiecearms.com or message me through this forum. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have 700 rounds through my DS9 now.  Haven't had any more FTFs since the 450 round mark.  Trigger is still nice and crisp at 2 1/4 lbs.  This is turning out to be a really nice shooter.  I would highly recommend it.

MPA-  You need to make the DS40 with a steel grip.  Then it would be perfect. :)

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, Masterpiecearms said:

On the mags, working with MBX right now to start offering their mags with our pistols.

Phil,

How well does the pistol handle the newer (G2 and G3) Staccato mags with the Dawson aluminum basse pads? I have several of those and would rather not have to stock up on MBXs.

https://dawsonprecision.com/magazine-9mm-38-staccato-p-xc-xl-20-round-140mm-by-staccato/

Just picked up some 126mm DS9 mags, not sure if they are 1st or 2nd generation but they look almost identical to the Staccato mags minus the stamped logo and logoless plastic base plates. (Staccato P running MPA mags.)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 5:34 AM, mrvip27 said:

Has anyone tried out the Open gun?

I hoping I’ll be able to try one at uspsa nationals in oct.  I’m very interested to see how it shoots compared to mine now 

1 hour ago, Bwilmot said:

I hoping I’ll be able to try one at uspsa nationals in oct.  I’m very interested to see how it shoots compared to mine now 

I will be looking forward to your guys feedback.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:21 PM, Bwilmot said:

I'll have mine. Look for me. Squad 105

Edited by waynes_world_45
added info

13 minutes ago, donnyglock said:

Yep. His first attempt had a failure to feed. The rest was good. 

I thought that was a warm-up attempt. lol. I didn't catch the brass getting stuck.