MPA DS9 Hybrid

Csalt

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, donnyglock said:

Of course it was

Well, I suppose he could have edited the videos if he was worried about it. He's testing the comp design, poppel hole design and load preference. Tons of testing going on. That's 1 video. I'll post a range report as soon as I get mine. 

6 hours ago, Goat259 said:

My MPA DS 40 is shipping in August, will be my first 2011 style pistol. Am very excited to get and start competing with!!

Congratulations. scooterj has been running his for about a month. he can advise on load data

10 minutes ago, Goat259 said:

@scooterj, can you please share some load data?!

4.5gr VV n320 Black Bullet Int 180gr TC bullet at 1.140” gets me a 167 power factor. 
I’m working up a load with BBI 165gr bullet. I should have that data in the next couple days or so. 

21 minutes ago, scooterj said:

4.5gr VV n320 Black Bullet Int 180gr TC bullet at 1.140” gets me a 167 power factor. 
I’m working up a load with BBI 165gr bullet. I should have that data in the next couple days or so. 

Nice. I plan to use 180 BBL with N320, but am planning to load at 1.18. Do you foresee any problems with this combo?

2 hours ago, Goat259 said:

Nice. I plan to use 180 BBL with N320, but am planning to load at 1.18. Do you foresee any problems with this combo?

None at all. I’m testing the 165 at 1.21” with no issues. 

44 minutes ago, scooterj said:

A4CF1265-8105-4774-BAEC-785D951FF89F.jpeg

It’s a beaut. Mine is getting customized to look like the DS9 Hybrid Black and blue, however, mind is coming with a polished stainless barrel, and black SS grips. The SS grips cost a bit more to get added, but, will be worth it!

1 hour ago, Goat259 said:

It’s a beaut. Mine is getting customized to look like the DS9 Hybrid Black and blue, however, mind is coming with a polished stainless barrel, and black SS grips. The SS grips cost a bit more to get added, but, will be worth it!

I opted for the aluminum grip. I also have a 5.5” 40 with stainless grip. I wanted to go lighter. I think I made the right choice, for me. 

1 minute ago, Goat259 said:

What kind of trigger is that? It’s not the “M” shaped trigger that is coming with them. 

It’s a Geppert Convex X-line adjustable length trigger. The gun shipped with a black, short, flat trigger. All my 1911/2011s have the Convex trigger. 

16 minutes ago, scooterj said:

It’s a Geppert Convex X-line adjustable length trigger. The gun shipped with a black, short, flat trigger. All my 1911/2011s have the Convex trigger. 

Nice. It looks good. I’m going too see how I like the flat trigger. In my other firearms with a flat trigger, I enjoy it fine. Excited to receive mine!

5 minutes ago, Goat259 said:

I’m getting the DS40 as I plan to use this for competition in Limited Division. Pick your application and go from there!

They need a limited optics division. 😅

12 hours ago, Goat259 said:

If they did this, I don’t think you could have a slide ride optic shooting 40. I feel optics would be getting replaced quite a bit!

Talk I have heard before would be: 9mm minor, with magwell, race holster, etc. Slide ride open basically. Without the major.

But who knows if that will take off.

13 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Talk I have heard before would be: 9mm minor, with magwell, race holster, etc. Slide ride open basically. Without the major.

But who knows if that will take off.

I hope you are right, I want to see it.