Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA DS9 Hybrid

Csalt

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/19/2022 at 8:09 PM, donnyglock said:

Yep. His first attempt had a failure to feed. The rest was good. 

I see no FTF. I did see him miss a reload on the first attempt and then unload show clear . The gun looks like its running well. All the brass is ejecting fine and in the same position. What more could you ask for . No way is this a train wreck. Its a bunch of shooters having fun and testing skill .

2 hours ago, Bwilmot said:

I see no FTF. I did see him miss a reload on the first attempt and then unload show clear . The gun looks like its running well. All the brass is ejecting fine and in the same position. What more could you ask for . No way is this a train wreck. Its a bunch of shooters having fun and testing skill .

The round he racks out is not in battery. 

Anyone try the ds9 hybrid idpa model?  I'm planning to get back into idpa and my limited gun won't work for idpa so I've been eyeing this.

Also does anyone know if mpa will ship the gun with neutered 10 round mags?

1 hour ago, mrvip27 said:

Look at the grip safety/beavertail area.

It's interesting that you point this out. I exchanged email recently with David from MPA. I had mentioned that I love the way the DS9 Hybrid shoots. However, the pistol chews up the webbing between my thumb and finger. I get a good high purchase on the pistol because of the magwell, it pushes my strong hand higher and into the beaver tail, which I like. David did mention they have a new beavertail option that I could look into.

Looking at the pistol, if that section was blended more it would probably help with my discomfort. Nothing a bandage in the webbing area of my shooting hand can't fix at the moment.

3 hours ago, WildPete said:

It's interesting that you point this out. I exchanged email recently with David from MPA. I had mentioned that I love the way the DS9 Hybrid shoots. However, the pistol chews up the webbing between my thumb and finger. I get a good high purchase on the pistol because of the magwell, it pushes my strong hand higher and into the beaver tail, which I like. David did mention they have a new beavertail option that I could look into.

Looking at the pistol, if that section was blended more it would probably help with my discomfort. Nothing a bandage in the webbing area of my shooting hand can't fix at the moment.

Its interesting. It seems they keep updating the pistol line as people report back with issues. A couple youtube videos showed quality control issues that since have been fixed. I am sure the customer service is great. But beta testing is kind of a turnoff.

I believe they switched gun builders at one point, at least according to a YouTube comment from thehumblemarksman channel

4 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Its interesting. It seems they keep updating the pistol line as people report back with issues. A couple youtube videos showed quality control issues that since have been fixed. I am sure the customer service is great. But beta testing is kind of a turnoff.

I believe they switched gun builders at one point, at least according to a YouTube comment from thehumblemarksman channel

I find it odd they need bata testing with things you can clearly feel with your hands being on the gun and a blind man can clearly see. There open guns aren’t cheap enough to warrant that kind of work.

Edited by donnyglock

All this is interesting. I have heard of the webbing of strong hands getting chewed up because of the beaver tail and safety. But this is coming from the 1st generation of DS9s. The research I have found speaks very highly of these pistols. 

On 7/19/2022 at 8:09 PM, donnyglock said:

Yep. His first attempt had a failure to feed. The rest was good. 

I seen that too. I'm actually surprised it didn't have more issues considering he was picking mags up out the dirt. 

22 hours ago, Goat259 said:

All this is interesting. I have heard of the webbing of strong hands getting chewed up because of the beaver tail and safety. But this is coming from the 1st generation of DS9s. The research I have found speaks very highly of these pistols. 

Then why keep posting Gen 1 photos?

A friend of mine has a hybrid amd while it's a decent gun it's not great for the price point. It just feels kinda cheap to me. Seemed to run ok, but it was a can of mixed reloads and brand new gun. I looked hard at their IDPA model and while the price tag looks nice I am willing to spend a little more, if that, on one I know will be perfect from other sources. 

1 hour ago, Bakerjd said:

A friend of mine has a hybrid amd while it's a decent gun it's not great for the price point. It just feels kinda cheap to me. Seemed to run ok, but it was a can of mixed reloads and brand new gun. I looked hard at their IDPA model and while the price tag looks nice I am willing to spend a little more, if that, on one I know will be perfect from other sources. 

When did your friend get it?

1 hour ago, Bakerjd said:

Late last year or early this year. He has done some classes with it and says it runs fine. To me it just felt kinda clunky. 

its basically CK

Edited by mrvip27