cperazza

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, LMS said:

For me it's less about the walkthrough and more about assisting with resetting the stage - especially bending to reset poppers or picking up plates, etc.

^^^^ This

Bending over to reset steel poppers was an adventure with the Open gun and DAA Race holster, even when it was "locked".  The GX is set so when it's locked, the Legion does not move.  It also has room for the **Generic Thumb Rest**.  When the lever is flipped at Make Ready, it is set so there is very little friction during the draw.  IMHO it's the best for both situations.

BC

I use the Blade-Tech, RHT, and Safariland GLS (wide long) depending on the discipline. I think I prefer the Blade-Tech slightly, but I don't think any of them are substantially better or worse than the others.

22 hours ago, erwos said:

I use the Blade-Tech, RHT, and Safariland GLS (wide long) depending on the discipline. I think I prefer the Blade-Tech slightly, but I don't think any of them are substantially better or worse than the others.

Does the gls fit a legion with optic?

2 hours ago, sheepdog566 said:

Does the gls fit a legion with optic?

Yes. I have two Safariland 578 GLS holster. I will be using this holster for my X5 Legion for 2 gun competitions. It started out as a holster for my XDM, but I was able to adjust it to make it work for the Legion. The optic clears the top of the holster just fine depending on the optic and the adapter plate. Using the most current Springer Precision SRO/RMR adapter plate with an SRO. 

On 1/22/2021 at 10:42 PM, Boomstick303 said:

Yes. I have two Safariland 578 GLS holster. I will be using this holster for my X5 Legion for 2 gun competitions. It started out as a holster for my XDM, but I was able to adjust it to make it work for the Legion. The optic clears the top of the holster just fine depending on the optic and the adapter plate. Using the most current Springer Precision SRO/RMR adapter plate with an SRO. 

This. I am running a DPP natively on my Legion. No fit issues at all. The GLS is a phenomenal holster for giving you that extra retention with nearly zero possibility of draw issues. For that matter, I've never run into an issue with them with my optics-equipped Glocks, either.

Basically, I've got three setups - one for 3gun and classes (GLS in a drop offset), one for USPSA/SC (RHT in a drop offset), and one for IDPA (Blade-Tech in a Tek-Lok). I have even run the Legion in a PHLster Floodlight TLR rig for concealed carry classes (it's a little heavy and the grip is maybe an iota too long, but it works).

Edited by erwos

On 1/17/2021 at 10:06 PM, ddc said:

Interesting. With my RHT I can dial in enough retention to be completely annoying if tried to draw.

I could bounce around like a bunny rabbit (ok I'm too old to bounce) and my gun stays secure.

Agreed.  I can tighten up the screws on my RHT till the gun almost won't come out.

What little friction the gun needs to stay put during normal activity, even bending over to pick up things, is easily overcome without noticeable effort by a normal human being.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, BiggMike said:

Is GX still producing holsters? I ordered one back in May and still haven’t received it yet. I tried emailing them but I got no reply. Does have any contact information for them?

It appears he is still active on social media...........

https://www.facebook.com/gxproduct

His contact page says orders are "averaging" 14 weeks.........

https://gxproductsusa.com/contact-gx-products/

4 hours ago, BiggMike said:

Is GX still producing holsters? I ordered one back in May and still haven’t received it yet. I tried emailing them but I got no reply. Does have any contact information for them?

I think that’s pretty typical. When I ordered the lead time was well beyond what was listed. 

he doesn’t answer emails and says so on his website. You need to text him/call him. When I did that he replied very quickly. https://gxproductsusa.com/contact-gx-products/

in the end it’s worth the wait. 

18 hours ago, terrydoc said:

Just changed to the DAA Max holster for my X5 so far it works as advertised. Have used the DAA Alpha X and the Pdr Pro II and both of those worked great but the Max comines the lock of the Alpha X and the bucket of the Pdr.

The max holster locks? 

50 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

The max holster locks? 

I don't think it has a "lock" lever such as the GX; but rather the retention device can be adjusted to lock the holster to a practically unremovable condition.............

The DAA MAX Holster utilizes a completely different solution: The injection molded holster body does not clamp down onto the pistol, rather fitting around it with minimum clearance. Retention is achieved using spring loaded, fully adjustable roller clippers which engages onto the front end of the trigger guard. These secure the gun and providing the user a wide range of tension adjustment.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

:)