Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadoww II optic ready version

Bayou

So with the rule change in regards to weight, when we see the shadow II's imported that are optic ready. I've been waiting and hoping for this to happen so I can have the choice of Production or CO with the same gun. I've shot some steel matches and really enjoyed that but wanted to try CO or Production (more so CO). I have a Glock that I did up internally and could have it milled but try as I might I don't like them. I like the cheaper price of the Shadoww II but the A01-SD sure is sharp, really liking that one. Was curious when we can get our mitts on the Shadow II optic ready and how much they will be? Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mannyc said:

CZ should make the option of just selling the complete S2 OR upper only. I'm sure there will be a lot of demand. You can switch between Production and CO easily. 

CGW has these available. Not sure if that's exactly what you are talking about.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/cz-shadow-2-optic-ready-slide/

38 minutes ago, anbrumm said:

CGW has these available. Not sure if that's exactly what you are talking about.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/cz-shadow-2-optic-ready-slide/

That is exactly what I'm talking about, never knew CGW has them available, knew about the Primary Machine one but that was a stripped, milled slide only. Thanks for the tip.

Just now, mannyc said:

That is exactly what I'm talking about, never knew CGW has them available, knew about the Primary Machine one but that was a stripped, milled slide only. Thanks for the tip.

I think they added them after the announcement of the increased limit. At least that's when I saw someone share it.

2 hours ago, mannyc said:

CZ should make the option of just selling the complete S2 OR upper only. I'm sure there will be a lot of demand. You can switch between Production and CO easily. 

We pushed for that in Canada and the indirect feedback seemed to be they are selling the guns faster than they can produce them so why just build uppers? Perhaps over time as sales taper off?

• 5 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, PerpetualNovice said:

Question:

If I pick up the optic ready slide from Cajun, does anyone know where to find the base plates (couldn't find them on Cajun's site)? Saw a few European retailers, but wondered if there was a US based company selling the plates.

Would these be what you are looking for? https://www.cz-parts.com/red-dot-plates

I've called and could not get a direct answer and even have emailed. Emails have gone unanswered, I presume to the covid bull. But you would think with a company of their size, they would have some working from home. Most other companies have support staff working from home and some gun manufactures do. Damn China has really did a number on the world and nothing will be done, ugggh.

I did not want to come across as insensitive to those that have had to deal/contracted the virus. 

Edited by Bayou

Shadow 2 Optic Ready has no cocking serrations on the rear so u have to cock from the front or use the optic itself fo cock from the rear. The CZ optic plate has no cocking serrations .Toni Systems optic plate has cocking serrations. I would give that a try if did not already have the CZ plate. 

http://www.tonisystem.it/EN/red-dot-base-plates-cz.html

20 hours ago, Hansb57 said:

I dont think the P10 and Shadow 2 plates interchange.

They interchange.

The shadow 2 plates have a small notch to match the extractor in the slide but it doesn't do anything. Mounting is the same. Also some plates for the P10 will have a hole over the extractor pin and that doesn't line up on the shadow 2 again it doesn't do anything and doesn't matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm probably late on this but the optic version S2 is on their website. Now if they would offer the yet to be released optic version for the DWX.

Edited by Bayou

AAARRRRGGGHHHH! I missed the last one they had in stock by like a minute, someone got it while I was on the phone with them 😞

*Update, scored one off of Gunbroker... and luckily reread this thread from the start and learned the P-10 plates will work/interchange, because finding a Shadow 2 specific plate was looking like a bummer 😉

Edited by ck1
scored one

6 hours ago, Eli_a said:

I might have to get rid of my 320 legion and get the shadow 2 OR. Even though I swore off Carry optics after breaking so many optics lol

Be prepared to break more dots with a steel frame.