Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Trigger option 🤔

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have Hyper Fire 24C triggers on both of my PCC's.. 2-1/4lb trigger pull.... both have Taccom ULW 5.25" barrels ,uppers & bolt .. Quarter Circle 10 lowers they run 100% .. never broke a firing pin in over 5,000 rounds..  i shoot light loads.. 130 PF using 115gr & 124gr bullets ...no burst fire ever.. 

Edited by cecil

I have two. Timney PCC. It’s a little “slow” for me and have sporadic failures to reset. 
What’s currently in my PCC is a Triggertech Diamond AR. Nice and fast. Word of caution on the Diamond AR. I had to adjust the pull weight to at least 2.5 pounds. Seemed like anything below that would slam fire. I’m using a JP bolt.. 

17 hours ago, FF112173 said:

What is everyone running for drop in triggers? I’d like to stay with reasonable priced options but am willing to look at higher priced ones also. This will be in a build for both USPSA and Steel Challange. Go!

What PCC do you have? Hiperfire is little more involved to install then house units and can potentially be hard on firing pins. Also if running light loads for steel challenge Hiperfire  heavy toggle springs can sometimes be hard to overcome with lite PF loads. Timney PCC( gold colored housing) has been working well for me and brakes at just over 3 pounds. Velocity triggers 3-pound unit also has proven to be extremely reliable or me.

I have had good luck with the POF drop in trigger.  It has a positive reset, and shows no signs of letting up after more than 5000 rounds. I will say that I am going to be tempted to try the new Hiperfire drop in trigger for PCC that should be available soon.  

56 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

What PCC do you have? Hiperfire is little more involved to install then house units and can potentially be hard on firing pins. Also if running light loads for steel challenge Hiperfire  heavy toggle springs can sometimes be hard to overcome with lite PF loads. Timney PCC( gold colored housing) has been working well for me and brakes at just over 3 pounds. Velocity triggers 3-pound unit also has proven to be extremely reliable or me.

I’m currently building one right now using an Angstadt Arms receiver set. 

I believe the easiest way to go about it is making sure you get hammer that is designed to work with most common PCC bolts.  Remember the bolt profile is different than a traditional 5.56/223 that most trigger assemblies are designed around. When there is failure it's usually due to the fact that the hammer does not get retracted downward enough for proper reset.There are several available and some that are designed to work with a .308 AR bolt have been successful with PCC bolts also.

I have two CMC triggers in my 9mm PCC rifles-one is a 3.5 lb and the newer one is a 2.5 lb trigger and they both are AWESOME and 100% reliable. Excellent break, reset, all that stuff.

They are specifically designed for 9mm PCC  rifles and I couldn't be happier with them. Couldn't be happier. ZERO trigger slap and a joy to use.

I talked to the owner about a lighter trigger and he made a 2.5 lb 9mm PCC trigger for me. Last time I looked it wasn't listed but he put it together for me and didn't charge a penny extra. He's also a GREAT guy to talk to-knows tons about this stuff and probably talked to me for almost an hour and I am truly a no-body...

17 minutes ago, copterdrvr said:

I have two CMC triggers in my 9mm PCC rifles-one is a 3.5 lb and the newer one is a 2.5 lb trigger and they both are AWESOME and 100% reliable. Excellent break, reset, all that stuff.

They are specifically designed for 9mm PCC  rifles and I couldn't be happier with them. Couldn't be happier. ZERO trigger slap and a joy to use.

I talked to the owner about a lighter trigger and he made a 2.5 lb 9mm PCC trigger for me. Last time I looked it wasn't listed but he put it together for me and didn't charge a penny extra. He's also a GREAT guy to talk to-knows tons about this stuff and probably talked to me for almost an hour and I am truly a no-body...

Wow that’s great. I’m leaning towards the CMC at this point but would like it to be lighter. Maybe I should call them?🤔

3 hours ago, FF112173 said:

Well j was planning on using the Taccom bolt so I assume that paired with a PCC specific trigger should pair up well. Yes?

I would think so. Safest bet is to call them and ask if they know of any popular use trigger assemblies that do not work with their bolt. I have dealt with them in the past and they seem like very good people to work with.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:16 PM, cecil said:

I have Hyper Fire 24C triggers on both of my PCC's.. 2-1/4lb trigger pull.... both have Taccom ULW 5.25" barrels ,uppers & bolt .. Quarter Circle 10 lowers they run 100% .. never broke a firing pin in over 5,000 rounds..  i shoot light loads.. 130 PF using 115gr & 124gr bullets ...no burst fire ever.. 

Ive ran the 24C in my home build PCC for the last 4 years, not 1 issue

I can't imagine you'd want something lighter than a 2.5 lb trigger for shooting something like a PCC rifle as it seems about perfect. I have PRS rifles with triggers hovering around 1 pound and I can't see a benefit of having something like that for a 9mm rifle.....

Even at 2.5 lbs the trigger is 100% reliable and I don't who has a lighter trigger available that's designed specifically for the 9mm rifle.

Edited by copterdrvr
14 hours ago, copterdrvr said:

I can't imagine you'd want something lighter than a 2.5 lb trigger for shooting something like a PCC rifle as it seems about perfect. I have PRS rifles with triggers hovering around 1 pound and I can't see a benefit of having something like that for a 9mm rifle.....

Even at 2.5 lbs the trigger is 100% reliable and I don't who has a lighter trigger available that's designed specifically for the 9mm rifle.

my triggers have been 100% reliable in 1,000's of rounds.. i can't imagine why you would want a rifle with a 1lb trigger .. ??

I really like my TriggerTech Diamond, as others have said ~2.5lbs feels like the sweet spot. I like the fact that it's technically a 2-stage trigger with an extremely light first stage, as it seems to act as a damping mechanism when I'm hammering the trigger. That being said I'm very interested in the reviews for the new drop-in Hiperfire trigger as well.

Triggers are such a personal preference thing that unless you're willing to buy/resell every trigger on the market, or have a friend that has a bunch of triggers to try, you'll probably always have an itch to try a different make/model when new stuff comes out. If you're just getting started I would just get something in the mid-tier price bracket and see how you feel about it, that trigger can end up on a back-gun once you figure out what you like/dislike about your current setup. 

On 2/16/2020 at 7:07 AM, nso123 said:

I have had good luck with the POF drop in trigger.  It has a positive reset, and shows no signs of letting up after more than 5000 rounds. I will say that I am going to be tempted to try the new Hiperfire drop in trigger for PCC that should be available soon.  

Same experience with all my PCC and 556 builds.  Maybe 10 built using the POF trigger.  Crisp break and reset.  Short reset.  I think my choice of the 4.5 lb version is good for a PCC or rifle, even in competition.