Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok, I totally get it now

PGGUNS

A few months back I posted a question about if I should move to open.  (“Should I stay or should I go”)Pretty unanimous to do so.  Well I get it now.  It’ almost impossible to describe if you haven’t shot an open match.  Shot my first one yesterday and OMG it was so frikin fun.  Really hard to describe but couple things I noticed is that you really don’t hear how loud the gun is at all (I was shooting 9 major).  Shooting the gun is amazing, it’s so fun, hardly any recoil and it allows you to go so much faster.  Coming for CO’s, the open dot hardly moves and I can’t tell you how happy I am to finally have major scoring.

So thanks to all of you who responded to my post.  It’s like a totally different sport now.  Although I am still waiting on my gun to arrive, (was supposed to get here first of the year but is delayed🤬 ), so I ended up borrowing my buddies Atlas Chaos.  (Which was fantastic by the way)

Fully bitten by the open bug now, can’t see going back to anything else.  😄

Awesome! I had the same experience during my first match although I quickly learned that losing the dot in weird leans and angles is not fun. 

Agreed on not hearing how loud it is. For bystanders and the RO that’s a different story. Anyone to the sides will pay if not ready. 

Its addictive, i shot open all of 2018 and the beging of 2019 and in the middle of last year i tried carry optics just to see what it was like and was thinking of going to CO and getting out of open. mainly because of how simple it is and to have a back up gun was a lot cheaper. I liked it and did pretty good at it, but the last couple matches last year i went back to open and there is absolutely no way im getting out of open lmao

5 minutes ago, sean_stw said:

Its addictive, i shot open all of 2018 and the beging of 2019 and in the middle of last year i tried carry optics just to see what it was like and was thinking of going to CO and getting out of open. mainly because of how simple it is and to have a back up gun was a lot cheaper. I liked it and did pretty good at it, but the last couple matches last year i went back to open and there is absolutely no way im getting out of open lmao

I've tried CO and will not do so again until there is a proven dot that will holdup for 30k-50k rounds.  I'm not chasing dots every 10k rounds.

7 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I've tried CO and will not do so again until there is a proven dot that will holdup for 30k-50k rounds.  I'm not chasing dots every 10k rounds.

you could always go with vortex. it will 100% break every 10k rounds or less....but at least they fix or replace it for free with no questions.

5 hours ago, JJB05 said:

OP. What Open gun did you go with?

I bought the PT Honcho in 9 major.  Should have received it a couple weeks ago but they are running behind a good bit and supposed to get it hopefully by the end of the month.  It’s been difficult waiting especially since it’s passed the time I expected it.  (Kind of like Christmas came and went and no present 😆).  Worse now that I actually shot a match this past weekend and had a glimpse of the fun in open.  I shot a pretty sweet Atlas Chaos with their Cheely grip that was just fantastic.  Really hope the Honcho lives up to what what people who shoot it have been saying, so really excited to get it.  Shoot a major in Feb so hoping to have some practice time prior to that match.

11 hours ago, S&W686 said:

I like shooting my JP GMR-15 but shooting Open is another world.  I will be putting down my PCC rifle and going back to Open Division this next season.

Agree with you completely, I actually sold mine to help fund my open gun.  

On 1/20/2020 at 9:12 AM, Don_B said:

When someone wants to try my open pistol I always warn them that they better be prepared to buy a new gun!

I wish I would have been given that advice. 

They say speed is freedom of the soul....after shooting open I agree. 

Edited by Bwillis

On 1/20/2020 at 11:35 AM, aandabooks said:

I got bit by the Open bug after my Limited gun went down mid season last year and went back to CO. I haven't experienced any dot issues with my CO setup, but I did just but a second CO setup for when it does happen...Its cheaper to buy two CO setups then one open blaster, but with that being said I have an Open build in the works. 

venom build.jpg

20 hours ago, PGGUNS said:

I bought the PT Honcho in 9 major.  Should have received it a couple weeks ago but they are running behind a good bit and supposed to get it hopefully by the end of the month.  It’s been difficult waiting especially since it’s passed the time I expected it.  (Kind of like Christmas came and went and no present 😆).  Worse now that I actually shot a match this past weekend and had a glimpse of the fun in open.  I shot a pretty sweet Atlas Chaos with their Cheely grip that was just fantastic.  Really hope the Honcho lives up to what what people who shoot it have been saying, so really excited to get it.  Shoot a major in Feb so hoping to have some practice time prior to that match.

I ordered a Honcho in 9 major too, right after Christmas.  Have heard good things...cant wait.

1 hour ago, Corrado_kid said:

I got bit by the Open bug after my Limited gun went down mid season last year and went back to CO. I haven't experienced any dot issues with my CO setup, but I did just but a second CO setup for when it does happen...Its cheaper to buy two CO setups then one open blaster, but with that being said I have an Open build in the works. 

venom build.jpg

No barrel come with that gun?????

11 hours ago, Sfisch0311 said:

That’s the way it is with open. Started with a Czechmate, then moved to a 2011. Won’t ever not shoot open. Now whether I get good at it or not is another thing haha.

Ha!!  Exact same!!  Started with CM, moved to 2011 and LOVE IT!!

15 minutes ago, Sarge said:

That’s a common occurrence 

I should have known better, but I'm a pretty big CZ fanboy and figured it would be fine, and it was...until a buddy let me handle his Atlas Chaos.