Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok, I totally get it now

PGGUNS

1 hour ago, clw42 said:

I should have known better, but I'm a pretty big CZ fanboy and figured it would be fine, and it was...until a buddy let me handle his Atlas Chaos.

I like the looks of the CM but the lack of smiths, parts etc is a deal breaker. I love calling Shooters Connection and having access to virtually any part I might want

19 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I like the looks of the CM but the lack of smiths, parts etc is a deal breaker. I love calling Shooters Connection and having access to virtually any part I might want

Yes, that became a factor as well and I do greatly enjoy trying different things to see what works best for me.

40 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I run a Czechmate and CZCustom or Speedshooter has everything.  Bunch of other CZs but have become interested in working with 2011s.  Bought a Limited gun and habe a Carne Custom being built.  

3 hours ago, clw42 said:

I should have known better, but I'm a pretty big CZ fanboy and figured it would be fine, and it was...until a buddy let me handle his Atlas Chaos.

haha I hear ya.  I was shooting the Shadow 2 in CO’s and at first thought I’d miss it. My buddy let me use his Chaos for a classifier match last week which is what prompted this thread.  I don’t miss the S2 the least bit. Lol

1 hour ago, PGGUNS said:

haha I hear ya.  I was shooting the Shadow 2 in CO’s and at first thought I’d miss it. My buddy let me use his Chaos for a classifier match last week which is what prompted this thread.  I don’t miss the S2 the least bit. Lol

I still have my S2.  Sold the CM.  I'll probably keep the S2 for CO or plinking or whatever.  Still one of my favorite guns, but it's not a 2011 Open gun!!

10 hours ago, 2Alphamikenoshoot said:

Just shoot both. That’s what I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know guys who shoot open seriously and pcc for fun during the off season. Is this your approach or do you shoot both with the same goals and determination? 

Cant wait to get my open gun running. Bought a gold team 9 major top end for my Tanfoglio. Had to have the barrel reamed out more to fit my rounds. Then hopefully I can get to practicing with it and prepare for my next match. 

I know guys who shoot open seriously and pcc for fun during the off season. Is this your approach or do you shoot both with the same goals and determination? 

Good question. I treat every match the same. I go and shoot locals with the same mentality as a major match.
All my Mental programming etc is the same. Especially for matches where I have to travel a little ways it’s more productive for me if I can double down on divisions. Instead of shooting 6 stages I can shoot 12 in a competitive atmosphere. I call it match endurance. Usually the majors are about 12+ so it helps when you can stat focused and train shooting 12 stages. Staying mentally
Focused and making sure you do your mental programming (active visualization etc) is hard to do for 12 stages straight.
It also allows me to shoot a stage a little differently just to try something new. Not to sound ungrateful or like I don’t work hard, but Pcc is easier for me. I don’t really train it too often. Since I haven’t even been shooting open for a year yet I mostly focus on training for that.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:45 AM, 2Alphamikenoshoot said:

Good question. I treat every match the same. I go and shoot locals with the same mentality as a major match.
All my Mental programming etc is the same. Especially for matches where I have to travel a little ways it’s more productive for me if I can double down on divisions. Instead of shooting 6 stages I can shoot 12 in a competitive atmosphere. I call it match endurance. Usually the majors are about 12+ so it helps when you can stat focused and train shooting 12 stages. Staying mentally
Focused and making sure you do your mental programming (active visualization etc) is hard to do for 12 stages straight.
It also allows me to shoot a stage a little differently just to try something new. Not to sound ungrateful or like I don’t work hard, but Pcc is easier for me. I don’t really train it too often. Since I haven’t even been shooting open for a year yet I mostly focus on training for that.

Thanks for the answer. It makes good sense. I started USPSA in PCC and am thinking about shooting some for “fun”.