Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack 9mm

ExStreetWalker

I've been wanting a single stack 9mm 1911 for a long time.  I found this RIA https://grabagun.com/armscor-ria-1911-tactii-9mm-9rd-fs.html and it has kind of been gnawing on me.

This won't be a carry gun, nor a primary competition gun. I've got a Canik SFx and a S&W 5906 for that.  I also have a pair of excellent .45 ACP single stacks that I sometimes shoot.

It will be more of a range toy and maybe I'll shoot the odd club match with it.

I'm really attracted to the price since it's $200 less than my next choice, the Ruger https://grabagun.com/ruger-sr1911-tgt-9mm-5-sts-9rd.html.

What say the crowd?

I've been wanting a single stack 9mm 1911 for a long time.  I found this RIA https://grabagun.com/armscor-ria-1911-tactii-9mm-9rd-fs.html and it has kind of been gnawing on me.

This won't be a carry gun, nor a primary competition gun. I've got a Canik SFx and a S&W 5906 for that.  I also have a pair of excellent .45 ACP single stacks that I sometimes shoot.

I'm really attracted to the price since it's $200 less than my next choice, the Ruger https://grabagun.com/ruger-sr1911-tgt-9mm-5-sts-9rd.html.

What say the crowd?
I have a buddy looking to sell a 9mm range officer fully tricked out if you're interested

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have a 

Taylor Arms 1911 9mm which is a RIA pistol and it has been great, Very reiliable and accurate.  Just don't use the stock mec-gar mag, get CMC or metalform mags.  Haven't tried wilson due to price.

Our club matches don't go down in the weeds on the rules like that.

RIA is Nevada.  So shipping shouldn't be a problem.  Unless something is grossly wrong I can handle most repairs on a 1911.  I also have a good local smith that can do the rest.

9mm Single Stacks are pure fun. I've lost count of how many Steel events, USPSA single stack and classes I've taken where the STI single stack was my primary gun. It is a go to for everything. I paid a lot for the gun, Derek, and Tripp mags,  but it has never gone down in 12 years.

For the price, go for the lesser bill and adjust sights and trigger and any repairs to your preference.  Watch your 45s get dusty and then feel a bit guilty for not shooting them 🙂

I love the 1911 platform in 9mm...absolutely a pleasure to use.

With respect to their customer service......while my 9mm 1911 is from a different company i do own a .45 RIA base model. It had a problem early on with the first round diving despite trying a wide variety of new magazines and ammunition types. I called their customer service help line. They were fantastic to work with and promptly afforded me a return authorization and a free shipping label. They fixed the problem quickly and well. If i recall correctly they even sent me an extra new magazine for my trouble. I was and remain very impressed.

20 hours ago, ExStreetWalker said:

What say the crowd?

I owned that exact RIA 9mm 1911 and never had any issues with it.  It wasn't a tack driver but I didn't expect it to be for that price.  I think I used Wilson mags with it.

I can't speak for that manufacturer/model, but I've bought two, used Springfield RO's for similar prices.

One had some slide work done and is being shot in Limited.

The other is at JPL in WA getting converted to a SS Open gun.

Both have great fit (barrel, slide and frame), and like most, are more accurate than I can shoot.

I know two friends that have the 9mm RIA and they both like them.  One had to go back to the factory for a feeding issue. It was taken care of and my friend loves this pistol.   For the price you can't beat this pistol.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:19 PM, Gary1911A1 said:

My question of the RIA is who pays for shipping if you have to return it for service?

I had an issue with my ProMatch Ultra 10mm which required returning for service. RIA's reps in the States took care of it all, I paid for nothing except my gas to take it to FedEx to ship it to them.

I picked up my RIA Thursday.

The trigger was stiff and gritty.  I dry fired it around 500 times and it really lighted up but was still gritty.

Today I broke  it down and greased everything up. 

No more gritty trigger.  The grit was caused by the trigger bars trying to slide across the rough parkerized finish.  I applied a liberal coating of grease to the trigger bar channels and on the ignition parts and it's breaking at about 3 lbs now.

I'm taking it to the range tomorrow.

My STI Trojans have been awesome. Very nice guns to shoot.

I'd like to get a Dan Wesson PM9 at some point. I think they shoot just as well as the STIs, but are a little nicer overall.