Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW Trijicon SRO - New king of MRDS?

Rudukai13

I can see the SRO and the SIG being wise choices for the serious competitor.  For an older weekend weenie like myself and many others, the price point is just too high.  Would I love to have one?  You bet.  I'm going to wait for another manufacturer to come out with "their version" at a more realistic price.  History has shown this as the normal thing to happen.  I can wait a bit, my eyes aren't that bad just yet....

Edited by Polaris13

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t take credit for this as it was sent to me in a group chat, but it’s an excellent comparison:

From left to right:
Holosun Optics 510C, Sig Sauer Romeo 3 Max, Sig Sauer Romeo 3 XL, Trijicon SRO, Leupold Deltapoint Pro, Vortex Razor, CMORE RTS2, and Vortex Venom

23B060A1-2A03-49A9-8A48-D64C9A7C3FF1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, clw42 said:

Curious why the Romeo 3 XL isn't getting more attention.  Seems to be a lot like the Max.  What am I missing?

it doesnt say Max on it. When i saw both released i never considered the max. The xl seems to be everything the max is plus some.

26 minutes ago, Shmella said:

it doesnt say Max on it. When i saw both released i never considered the max. The xl seems to be everything the max is plus some.

Besides glass, isn’t the mounting different? Different footprint?

23 minutes ago, Shmella said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

Are any (or all of them - SRO, XL and Max) brighter than the DPP and/or RTS2?  I just took my Open Gun (RTS2) and my CO gun (DPP) outside in direct sunlight and though the DPP was slightly brighter, without doing side by side, I don't think I would have been able to tell the difference.  So the only reason I'd upgrade at this point is for added brightness.  Especially since I can get a couple of RTS2 back ups for the price of one of the new ones...and I wouldn't need a new mount.

13 minutes ago, Shmella said:

mounting is the same as rts2. You just cant use the same mount if it has a blast shield without modifications. From what ive heard the new sig red dots, max and xl are significantly brighter than rts2 and dpp.

Thanks.  Taking further Sig discussion to the correct thread.  Don't want to continue to derail.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:29 PM, texasdawg said:

I have a SRO on my Sig X5/Legion hybrid and it works. I put the Sig R3 XL on my open gun replacing a Holosun510. I like it better and hope it last

Sorry, missed this.  You like the R3 XL better than the SRO or better than the 510?

I am leaving the SRO on my CO gun and leaving the SigR3XL on my open gun. I like the SigR3XL on the open gun and could do without the SRO. The operating system on the SRO is not very user friendly to me and I had a Vortex Viper on the Sig CO gun before the SRO and I shot it just as well. The best change on the CO gun was the tungsten grip module from the legion gun. That I would pay for again.

As an aside, I ran another 250ish rounds thru my open gun today in a match and starting to really like the way the gun handles with the smaller weighted SigR3XL red dot,,,

20190929_180112.jpg

On 9/24/2019 at 9:29 PM, texasdawg said:

I have a SRO on my Sig X5/Legion hybrid and it works. I put the Sig R3 XL on my open gun replacing a Holosun510. I like it better and hope it last,,,

Gat2.jpg

What mount is that?

It is the mount for the Holosun 510C, it is a Tevo mount. I just redrilled and tapped it for the Sig romeo3Xl. Im going to keep it on the gun I have decided and will mill the mount to look better and not have overhanging ends.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:29 PM, texasdawg said:

I have a SRO on my Sig X5/Legion hybrid and it works. I put the Sig R3 XL on my open gun replacing a Holosun510. I like it better and hope it last,,,

Gat2.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Holosun is making red dots for Sig. So it should last.

I got the SRO and the R3XL today.  I also got the Akai SRO mount, which doesn't fit my gun as it sits about .07" too low...or my mount holes are .07" too low, however you want to look at it.  I have the Atlas R3XL mount on the way and that should be here tomorrow.  I currently have the R3 mounted on the Cheely RTS2 mount, though not snugly, because the front of the sight does hit the blast shield, and thus does not sit flat on the mount. I'll try swapping the Cheely for the Atlas tomorrow when the Atlas arrives.  I'm hoping it fits.  As others have noted the R3XL definitely has a bigger window, but it also has a bluish tint which I don't see through the SRO.  Brightness, all the way up and indoors, slight edge to the R3 but it's not that much brighter.  Both are substantially brighter than the RTS2.  Both are easy to pick up after a draw.  The buttons on the SRO are surprisingly poor.  They're much like the ones on the RTS2, very little if any tactile response.  Which really irks me, because they buttons are nice and big, on either side, and should be easy to manipulate.  The R3XL buttons are great, you get a nice responsive click when you press them, and they're fairly intuitive as well.  I won't know which one I'll end up keeping until I get them mounted and shoot them.  Too hard to tell in dry fire.  There are definitely pluses and minuses to both, and to be honest, the only thing that really concerns me about the SRO is the thickness of the bezel, but I can't make a decision on that without live firing or maybe even shooting them each at a match.

If either of these prove to be reliable and worth the cost over the RTS2, then C-More has some catching up to do.