Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW Trijicon SRO - New king of MRDS?

Rudukai13

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

The video said that the MSRP is going to be $40 more than the RMR. The RMR's MSRP is $699. So that would put this new SRO sight in the $739 range......... uuuhhhh No Thanks.

If you pay 699 for an RMR I've got ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.  :)  

490 bucks on Euro Optic.

Edited by Fitzghan

My type 1 RMR started blinking after about 5,000 rounds. I bent the battery connector slightly, switched to Duracell batteries (thicker), and slid a piece of tape under it. That’s how I still run. My type 1 RMR now has 25,000 rounds on it. Granted, that’s not all in one year. My aftermarket trigger broke before my RMR. It direct milled for that that specific optic. Not direct milled for an RMR, but my RMR. Taking it out requires patience......and a mallet.

It’s working so well I still have my original “backup” RMR new in box.

I don’t think the type 2 was actually any improvement, just a few stopgap measures that could keep them in the fame while the SRO was developed. Seems the Red Dot has been the weakest, most common thing to fail on a match set-up. I’ve been in more than one class where guys complain they’ve lost their dot and they just freeze up in confusion for a few seconds.

If the SRO works, it’ll be well worth $490.

What is cheaper? 2-3 Delta Points or Romeos or one SRO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@Sarge I feel less shame with a dot on a handgun than I do when I show up at a match  shooting ChickRifle Minor. ;) 

Thanks for the chuckle on this rainy morning. 

Well I pre-ordered 2 after seeing them in person. Very, very clear glass and a super crisp dot in a YUUUGE window. I had zero issues indexing the gun naturally the first time and having the dot just appear right on target. No adjusting my grip, super natural and easy to pick up. 

Trijicon is going to annihilate the red dot market with this. Trijicon reliability + clear open glass. Time for all you other dot shooters to sell off your 4 DPP's that rotate back to the factory and invest in the SRO. 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, redpillregret said:

My type 1 RMR started blinking after about 5,000 rounds. I bent the battery connector slightly, switched to Duracell batteries (thicker), and slid a piece of tape under it. That’s how I still run. My type 1 RMR now has 25,000 rounds on it. Granted, that’s not all in one year. My aftermarket trigger broke before my RMR. It direct milled for that that specific optic. Not direct milled for an RMR, but my RMR. Taking it out requires patience......and a mallet.

It’s working so well I still have my original “backup” RMR new in box.

I don’t think the type 2 was actually any improvement, just a few stopgap measures that could keep them in the fame while the SRO was developed. Seems the Red Dot has been the weakest, most common thing to fail on a match set-up. I’ve been in more than one class where guys complain they’ve lost their dot and they just freeze up in confusion for a few seconds.

If the SRO works, it’ll be well worth $490.

What is cheaper? 2-3 Delta Points or Romeos or one SRO?

I think this is pretty accurate.  I am heavily invested in the RTS2.  It was the best micro option when I decided to make the switch.  Its shooting view is the best and it has the best dot options.  Does it fail, yes.  Is there one in its class that doesn't?  No.  Because of the high failure rate, it was worth it to me to invest the time to figure out how to fix the longevity issue and improve them myself.

Having said that, this is the first alternate micro dot I have even considered.  I really approve of the design and construction of the RMR's as well as the shooting view of the dot so I hope for the same from this new thing.  I'll be testing one out and putting it through the paces to see if it is a true improvement.

47 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Well I pre-ordered 2 after seeing them in person. Very, very clear glass and a super crisp dot in a YUUUGE window. I had zero issues indexing the gun naturally the first time and having the dot just appear right on target. No adjusting my grip, super natural and easy to pick up. 

Trijicon is going to annihilate the red dot market with this. Trijicon reliability + clear open glass. Time for all you other dot shooters to sell off your 4 DPP's that rotate back to the factory and invest in the SRO. 😂😂😂

Same glass size as the RTS2 and no proven track record on an open gun. I wouldn't sell anything yet.

Edited by echotango

32 minutes ago, echotango said:

Same glass size as the RTS2 and no proven track record on an open gun. I wouldn't sell anything yet.

How many RTS2's do you need to keep 1 working on an Open gun? Forget a slide ride, you might as well just use your backup irons through the window. 

I don't have a dog in the fight. I buy my optics. I'm just tired of the piss poor durability of some of the choices available. Having 5 optics in factory repair circulation after they go down between 800-2000 rounds is not good enough. If the SRO breaks prematurely I'll go back to RMR's because, like most Trijcon offerings, they are as close to bombproof as an optic can be made. Bbased on the early testing I've heard the SRO is the optic that will FORCE other manufacturers to improve their products or lose the market. 

1 hour ago, Darqusoull13 said:

What size dot did you go with?  I have a 3.25 RMR and would like the 2.5 SRO, but 5-6 seems ao popular with the Open crowd.

T

Just now, Tattoo said:

What size dot did you go with?  I have a 3.25 RMR and would like the 2.5 SRO, but 5-6 seems ao popular with the Open crowd.

T

Both 5's for Carry Optics.  If these were dedicated 45 degree offsets for PCC I'd probably go with a 2.5. I also tend to run my dots bigger than my friends though. I run my MRO's at 6 which is a little bright even in the Texas sun.

21 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

How many RTS2's do you need to keep 1 working on an Open gun? Forget a slide ride, you might as well just use your backup irons through the window. 

I don't have a dog in the fight. I buy my optics. I'm just tired of the piss poor durability of some of the choices available. Having 5 optics in factory repair circulation after they go down between 800-2000 rounds is not good enough. If the SRO breaks prematurely I'll go back to RMR's because, like most Trijcon offerings, they are as close to bombproof as an optic can be made. Bbased on the early testing I've heard the SRO is the optic that will FORCE other manufacturers to improve their products or lose the market. 

I agree, it gets old. I do have 6 rts2's and they(c-more) currently has 1 for repair. But everyone was saying the same thing when the dpp came out and not so much now. They will all have issues. Which one has the least will win. 

I'm looking forward to the r3max but will see how long it lasts. 

Edited by echotango

3 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Both 5's for Carry Optics.  If these were dedicated 45 degree offsets for PCC I'd probably go with a 2.5. I also tend to run my dots bigger than my friends though. I run my MRO's at 6 which is a little bright even in the Texas sun.

Gotcha,  i use a 5 setting on the MRO and i think if it doesnt work out on the pistol a 2.5 would work on a PCC.  Probably  going 2.5

T

Trijicon was originally awarded their ruggedness title because their self-luminous optics systems and their numerous military contacts related to that type of system. It will be interesting to see how this ALL electronic MRD performs after being pounded thousands of times in the competition forum by multiple users. I wish them success and look forward to all the reviews after a year or so of use. I can wait.

Trijicon was originally awarded their ruggedness title because their self-luminous optics systems and their numerous military contacts related to that type of system. It will be interesting to see how this ALL electronic MRD performs after being pounded thousands of times in the competition forum by multiple users. I wish them success and look forward to all the reviews after a year or so of use. I can wait.

Trijicon has been making all electronic optics for at least a decade. They have been holding up better than Leupold, CMore, Vortex, Sig...the whole field. The complaint was the Trijicon was too small.

6 minutes ago, redpillregret said:

Trijicon has been making all electronic optics for at least a decade. They have been holding up better than Leupold, CMore, Vortex, Sig...the whole field. The complaint was the Trijicon was too small.

Your right, the RMR window is to small and the very reason why they've had very little testing by the consumer on competitive racing platforms. They're great sights, I have 2 used for carry purposes, and like I said, I wish them success  but they still have prove themselves worthy before crowning them king or as THE MRD for an open gun. 

Your right, the RMR window is to small and the very reason why they've had very little testing by the consumer on competitive racing platforms. They're great sights, I have 2 used for carry purposes, and like I said, I wish them success  but they still have prove themselves worthy before crowning them king or as THE MRD for an open gun. 

I believe it’s safe to say the “tactical” crowd and CO crowd have vetted the RMR thoroughly on guns that get beat up pretty badly, reciprocating on the slide, and even with intentional abuse. See some of the Aaron Cowan write-ups and videos.

Being the mounting is the same and the electronics are akin to the type 2 RMR, I’ll wager the DPP and others are no match for the new Trijicon.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:56 AM, CHA-LEE said:

With an MSRP of $739 even at 50% off that is a bitter pill to swallow.

Get ready for the phrase "Yeah I decided to mount a $500 Glock 19 to my SRO."

Edited by Neomet

2 hours ago, Neomet said:

Get ready for the phrase "Yeah I decided to mount a $500 Glock 19 to my SRO."

Yeah they are already selling for $490.  Eventually they could be even cheaper.

T