Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW Trijicon SRO - New king of MRDS?

Rudukai13

On 4/29/2019 at 4:58 PM, echotango said:

img_7554.jpg

img_7552.jpg

I thought the Romeo 3 Max was supposed to be the same cut as a DPP??  Why why why would i want to add a plate instead of the slide cut?!?!

T

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Romeo 3 Max was supposed to be the same cut as a DPP??  Why why why would i want to add a plate instead of the slide cut?!?!

T

New Sigs are supposed to come with a DPP cut. The old Sigs will require an adapter plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, redpillregret said:

New Sigs are supposed to come with a DPP cut. The old Sigs will require an adapter plate.

Gotcha.  Thanks.  Any idea when the new ones are coming?

T

On 4/26/2019 at 11:45 AM, echotango said:

Same glass size as the RTS2 and no proven track record on an open gun. I wouldn't sell anything yet.

I presented more of the glass on the SRO than the RTS2. Even though the RTS2 glass is slightly larger in diameter, ours is higher. Our point source is below the bottom of the lens.

Edited by shooterready

On 4/30/2019 at 3:44 PM, redpillregret said:

Everything I've heard said that the new Sig Romeo3Max is going to be the same mounting pattern as old Romeo3 which is the RTS2 pattern.  

I haven't heard anything about a DPP cut on the R3Max.

Everything I've heard said that the new Sig Romeo3Max is going to be the same mounting pattern as old Romeo3 which is the RTS2 pattern.  

I haven't heard anything about a DPP cut on the R3Max.

I know nothing about them offering an R3Max with any specific cut. But their new pistols will be DPP cut, including updated to existing X-Series guns.

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/sigs-2019-firearm-releases-detailed/

It seems odd Sig would offer three different cuts on their optics and two variations on pistols. But it’s Sig, they do Sig stuff.

6 hours ago, redpillregret said:

I know nothing about them offering an R3Max with any specific cut. But their new pistols will be DPP cut, including updated to existing X-Series guns.

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/sigs-2019-firearm-releases-detailed/

It seems odd Sig would offer three different cuts on their optics and two variations on pistols. But it’s Sig, they do Sig stuff.

Nevermind.  I think we're talking about two different things.  You're talking about the slide cuts on the Sig pistols, right?

I was referring to the mounting pattern of the R3Max optic.  

• 2 weeks later...

How serious do you guys think this "do not overhang the ejection port" mounting is going to be?  

By some rough guestimation, if I want to mount this on a p226 and keep the irons, the lens will overhang the breech face by 1/10" 

Should I go for it and hope for the best?

How serious do you guys think this "do not overhang the ejection port" mounting is going to be?  

By some rough guestimation, if I want to mount this on a p226 and keep the irons, the lens will overhang the breech face by 1/10" 

Should I go for it and hope for the best?

Since it’s the same footprint as the RMR, if it’s a problem, you could replace it with an RMR or holosun.

• 3 months later...

Romeo Max looks like it sits up fairly high.  RMR and SRO sit a bit lower.   I went through 2 Romeos in 2 weeks, switched to RMR03, have 3 of them running fine for past 10 months, about 6k through each.  Looking forward to SRO for window size, but I rarely lose dot in RMR after regular practice, still occasionally in weird positions.  

Been running the SRO for a few months on top gun . I shot two majors and several local matches as well as practiced a ton with it . I approx have 8k rounds on it so far and it has been awesome. I was using RTS2s in 8 MOA and they have been rock solid for me . The only reason I “upgraded “ was because the RTS2s could be hard to find in very bright light for my poor vision  . So far I much more prefer the 2.5 MOA SRO over the 8 MOA rts 2 . Dot is no problem for me to see in any lighting conditions and I’m still on the original battery .  I actually recently just  bought a second SRO for my back up.  So far I’m liking them a lot and haven’t used anything better and I’ve tried em all and broke pretty much every other micro out there except the rts 2. 

42220AFD-3506-4D04-8216-69C2B727FDBB.jpeg

The biggest thing to me for the SRO is how low you can mount it because the window sits lower then most other micros which in return cuts down on the tilting of the gun and like previously said it has Trijicon on side of it so should hopefully have good reputation. My deltapoint broke after only 3000 rounds on my Shadow 2

at least on this side of the pond i have never seen anyone shooting trijicon in open division. 

it still sort of baffles me how a red dot can cost more than a full size 9mm pistol of reputable brand?

they really have not much inside. the cases can be milled for a few dollars, in quantity. injection molded, is a few cents.

lenses? cant be that expensive. i am buying a 130mm (10 inches) reflector telescope for my son and it costs less than 200 bucks with 2 eyepieces. 
a led is fractions of cent. make it a few dollars for the work required to generate a dot of specific size
the electronics is 1 dollar max. firmware i could write in an afternoon, and i suck at embedded programming

and with this pisspoor reliability track record? 
ok, rant over.
seems to me that the red dot market for competition shooting is going full circle and going back to slideridesque lens dimensions. about time :D
now they need to lower prices. the numbers i see are beyond belief. and in europe we pay a good 30-50% more for the same items. 

regarding the height of the dot above the bore line, not sure is a real issue. is just a matter of habit. i have shot a lot of different configurations and i have never seen an advantage or difference, and i am a mediocre shooter.
now, lens size is a completely different matter. for me it makes a world of difference on the timer, and thats why im sticking to the good old slideride. 

I've been running a SRO in Open and like it a lot.  Just got a Romeo 3Max for the backup gun to see how that goes.  So far it's up there with the SRO, maybe even a bit better for Open.  Feels / looks more fragile, but who knows if it really is.

I don’t really find that I pick up a lot of the frame when I am actually shooting a stage.  I swapped to the SRO 2.5 MOA from a CMORE 6 MOA and while the dot isn’t as clear as the CMORE (astigmatism) I do much prefer the SRO.  Battery life is great, window size is good, and with Trijicon’s reputation it should hopefully never need to be sent in.  Time will tell but I plan on getting more of the SRO for other setups in the future.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:42 AM, Knguyen1904 said:

Been running the SRO for a few months on top gun . I shot two majors and several local matches as well as practiced a ton with it . I approx have 8k rounds on it so far and it has been awesome. I was using RTS2s in 8 MOA and they have been rock solid for me . The only reason I “upgraded “ was because the RTS2s could be hard to find in very bright light for my poor vision  . So far I much more prefer the 2.5 MOA SRO over the 8 MOA rts 2 . Dot is no problem for me to see in any lighting conditions and I’m still on the original battery .  I actually recently just  bought a second SRO for my back up.  So far I’m liking them a lot and haven’t used anything better and I’ve tried em all and broke pretty much every other micro out there except the rts 2. 

42220AFD-3506-4D04-8216-69C2B727FDBB.jpeg

Hnnnng

• 2 weeks later...