Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW Trijicon SRO - New king of MRDS?

Rudukai13

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: I must be a cheap ass since I can't see why these cost so much? At most they should be under $300 since they don't have solar power or rechargable batteries or a camera in them. No high priced lens or titanium case. I guess we will see how these hold up in the competition world. Thanks, Eric

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I must be a cheap ass since I can't see why these cost so much? At most they should be under $300 since they don't have solar power or rechargable batteries or a camera in them. No high priced lens or titanium case. I guess we will see how these hold up in the competition world. Thanks, Eric

This actually makes sense. First, the body is aluminum so there must be quite a bit of milling. Window is glass with some coating, also not cheap. Solar cells and rechargeable batteries are actually cheap, you can find them in $25 Casio wristwatches or calculators.

Most importantly, this is a very low-volume item. The whole USPSA/IPSC market is at most a few thousand units. So development costs per unit must be significant.

Edited by lstange

2 hours ago, robb315 said:

RTS2 is 22mm, MAX is 24mm

My mistake, I went off the measurement posted on page 1 which is incorrect. 

Not sure why Sig could not make it 30mm all the way around.  They call it a 30mm lense, but only 30mm wide, not tall. Marketing BS I guess. 

Edited by echotango

Anyone know what the buttons on the sig will look like? RTS2 buttons are kind of a pain. Rmr buttons may be the best and DPP the most awkward. I don't care for holosun buttons but since it turns its self on and off I don't mess with them much and that's a plus. 

15 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

Anyone know what the buttons on the sig will look like? RTS2 buttons are kind of a pain. Rmr buttons may be the best and DPP the most awkward. I don't care for holosun buttons but since it turns its self on and off I don't mess with them much and that's a plus. 

img_7554.jpg

img_7552.jpg

Edited by echotango

1 hour ago, JGT said:

SRO vs sig romeo 3 max for carry optics? Does sig win based on wider window or does trijicon win due to durability for slide-ride plus compatibility with RMR milled slides?

Don't know who wins! LOL!!

Trijicon is an unknown with a new system

SIG's is just an "improved" system of the things MAX didn't like or didn't

hold up to his volume of shooting.

Since most of us agree they all seem to crash sooner or later.  When one gets made that holds up in general they will win.

Until then Sig turned one, ( I dropped and told them I dropped the slide with the sight on it), around in a week from when I sent it in to when I received it back.

They sent me a brand new sight to replace the broken one.

I did ask them to expedite due to a match coming up soon etc.  So I'm happy with the turn around on warranty.

My other Romeo is close to 20K on it with out a problem.

I don't know what Trigicon's service is like and until this sight has been shot under uspsa condition and round count,  what their other

sights hold up to is a moot point.   Hoping it holds up great cause we can use an optic that will last.  I'm also hoping the SIG MAX is a long service sight.

It would be great to have several choices.

23 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

The cost of warranty returns, repairs, etc. We all forget it's a tiny electronic device and whether it's built like a tank or not, Murphy's Law applies.

15 hours ago, redpillregret said:

Read the thread. It’s $490.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was referring to the Romeo Max in the above pictures, not the SRO. I did read the thread, did you?

13 hours ago, echotango said:

Not sure why Sig could not make it 30mm all the way around.  They call it a 30mm lense, but only 30mm wide, not tall. Marketing BS I guess.   

The lens may really be round and 30 mm in diameter. You just don't see the very bottom of it because the LED is in the way. Which also makes sense, you don't want too much height over bore. Besides, keeping the LED close to the optical axis makes it easier to control distortion and parallax.

1 hour ago, lstange said:

The lens may really be round and 30 mm in diameter. You just don't see the very bottom of it because the LED is in the way. Which also makes sense, you don't want too much height over bore. Besides, keeping the LED close to the optical axis makes it easier to control distortion and parallax.

It is not completely round. Measurements have been previously posted.  If that was the case, all mrd's would have 15mm windows. Slide rides seem to work.....