Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW Trijicon SRO - New king of MRDS?

Rudukai13

Check out the window size on this thing!

The Trijicon SRO (Specialized Reflex Optic) is specifically designed for pistol use. Improve shooting accuracy and speed with the wide circular field of view and clean, crisp dot making it easy for users to find and track while shooting. Every SRO has 8 brightness settings with “Lock-In” and “Lock-Out” modes and a 3-year battery life. The SRO similar to the Trijicon RMR easily mounts to popular red-dot-ready

pistols, is compatible with most RMR mounts, and does not require a sealing plate. There is no need to dismount the optic for battery changes with a quick-change top loading battery. The SRO is designed to survive the rigors of slide ride pistols and is engineered for hard use. This 1.0 MOA Adjustable LED red dot is best suited for use on a rifle or target pistol application or in applications where increased accuracy at distance is needed.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/25/trijicon-sro/

07338F26-9888-49C7-89B8-D724D9011C29.jpeg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Window is 25 x 22.5mm. 

RTS2 is 25.76 x 22. 

Waiting for the Sig MAX.

Fair. I think the RomeoMAX and this SRO are going to be the two big options especially for CO, just due to the size of the lens.

Trijicon was smart in keeping the same footprint as the RMR. That means for a shooter who currently has a factory pistol with adapter plates, or a RMR milled slide, or really any pistol other than a P320, it’ll be easier to transition to this than the RMAX

42 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Window is 25 x 22.5mm. 

RTS2 is 25.76 x 22. 

Waiting for the Sig MAX.

Interesting.  It looks like the smaller footprint of the SRO creates the illusion of the glass being bigger than it really is.

The video said that the MSRP is going to be $40 more than the RMR. The RMR's MSRP is $699. So that would put this new SRO sight in the $739 range......... uuuhhhh No Thanks.

That’s msrp I think... it’s already posted for less. Still very expensive for a slide mounted optic.

e86670579ca0880a690351beedb9d337.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

If it doesn't break it'll be worth the $$

If its as bulletproof as the RMR..... totally agree!   Far far too many people having issues with DPP and RTS2.

T

If its as bulletproof as the RMR..... totally agree!   Far far too many people having issues with DPP and RTS2.

T

They all have their issues, rmr included...
Remember they had to make a version 2 of the rmr because the battery would lose connectivity. I’ve even sent back a v2 that had the same issue.

2 minutes ago, bigbob21 said:

They all have their issues, rmr included...
Remember they had to make a version 2 of the rmr because the battery would lose connectivity. I’ve even sent back a v2 that had the same issue.

True.  But i have seen/heard less problems from the RMR (type2) than other MRDS options.

T

This looks like the best dot on paper. I love my DPP, my only complaints are the 2.5 moa dot and the stupid control button. The dot looks bigger than it is on full brightness, but it is also not crisp and well-defined at that setting. I would prefer a larger (6 - 8 moa) reticle. The SRO combines Trijicon durability, a monster window, and better dot size (5 moa) along with better controls. 

Also, Euro Optic has it for $490 on preorder. I wouldn't be surprised to see it a bit cheaper than that online. An extra 150 - 200 vs a DPP is pretty small in comparison to cost of the entire package or ammo.

57 minutes ago, jnr88 said:

Aimpoint Acros due any day now.

We’ll care when the ditch the bulky tube design. 

If the SRO is tougher than a DPP or RTS2... we need a CO dot that lasts through a 15-20,000 round season without crapping out. Whomever does that in a sizeable window package will sell to diehard USPSA shooters.

@CHA-LEE if it’s tough enough to keep you from needing a second optic on a backupgun PLUS a third freefloating spare optic in the safe for when one of the first two need to go back for warranty? The match checks out, then. There’s another site selling then for $490ish, which I’d pay if it turns out to be rock solid. But that’s the top end of the price range.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

That is a lot of cheese to throw down on a brand new sight that doesn't have a proven track record of reliability. Keep in mind that every single new red dot sight that comes onto the market claims to be super rugged and reliable. Then they get deployed in competition and reality sinks in exposing whatever issues they have.

I hope that one of these companies can in fact produce a red dot sight that will hold up to heavy competition use. We absolutely need a product like that on the market. Maybe this SRO will be it? I am simply not willing to be an early adopter spending big money on the hopes that it will in fact be better. I am sure there will be hoards of others that have money to burn and lessons to learn though. So I will sit back and let them do the heavy lifting. 

@CHA-LEE I mean isn’t that obvious? I guess I was presupposing that you let the other guys buy the first few months worth of any product and get it to an Area match podium without bugs appearing. 

Especially if it’s something made by SIG. 😂

I’m not joining any bandwagon until it has a proven track record - and even then, that has risks. Ask me about my CMMG Guard PCC that doesn’t run 100% after months of testing & tuning. 🙄

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Wondering honestly how many RMR's are subjected to the 10's of 1000's of rounds uspsa shooters do.

I only have one guy who runs them and shoots a lot. Everybody else I know who has them, they're on Carry Guns or rifles.

Just thinking outloud not hammering RMR's

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

Wondering honestly how many RMR's are subjected to the 10's of 1000's of rounds uspsa shooters do.

I only have one guy who runs them and shoots a lot. Everybody else I know who has them, they're on Carry Guns or rifles.

Just thinking outloud not hammering RMR's

Plus 1 … have RMR's but not used in high round count competition. 

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@CHA-LEE I mean isn’t that obvious? I guess I was presupposing that you let the other guys buy the first few months worth of any product and get it to an Area match podium without bugs appearing. 

Especially if it’s something made by SIG. 😂

I’m not joining any bandwagon until it has a proven track record - and even then, that has risks. Ask me about my CMMG Guard PCC that doesn’t run 100% after months of testing & tuning. 🙄

Bro, ain’t nobody’s PCC runs 💯 %, 😂