Rudukai13

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, Ontos said:

I can’t take credit for this as it was sent to me in a group chat, but it’s an excellent comparison:

From left to right:
Holosun Optics 510C, Sig Sauer Romeo 3 Max, Sig Sauer Romeo 3 XL, Trijicon SRO, Leupold Deltapoint Pro, Vortex Razor, CMORE RTS2, and Vortex Venom

23B060A1-2A03-49A9-8A48-D64C9A7C3FF1.jpeg

the triji sro seems to have the thinnest base, which should mean the dot is lower, but i guess with the larger window, the dot sits as high off the slide/bore axis, if not higher, than some of the others.

and by the way, per triji, the sro dot sits a full 1/4 inch higher from the bottom of its base vs their rmr.

anyone have any real world experience how easy it is to pick up the sro dot, vs some of these others.  and on a glock gen 4 17 milled, if that makes a diff?

Edited by davsco

I have most of these and I found for me 510 is the best for picking up the dot, but the SRO is right up there also.

The Holosun really looks big compared to the other. Thanks for the pic.

Edited by Slide4949

On 11/21/2019 at 6:05 PM, davsco said:

the triji sro seems to have the thinnest base, which should mean the dot is lower, but i guess with the larger window, the dot sits as high off the slide/bore axis, if not higher, than some of the others.

and by the way, per triji, the sro dot sits a full 1/4 inch higher from the bottom of its base vs their rmr.

anyone have any real world experience how easy it is to pick up the sro dot, vs some of these others.  and on a glock gen 4 17 milled, if that makes a diff?

I've shot the rts2, DPP,  and romeo 3. My SRO picks up like the older cmore slideride, very easy to find and very forgiving. The dot is very round and crisp, every bit as bright as the DPP. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Does anyone know why the SRO are getting so cheap now? I have seen them as low as $429. Thanks, Eric

I'm guessing SRO 1.1 is coming out.....or its in direct response Sig's Remeo Max....or a $700 optics is way over priced. As a matter of interest where did you see it at $429?

24 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Does anyone know why the SRO are getting so cheap now? I have seen them as low as $429. Thanks, Eric

Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Not aware of any other news showing they are looking to offload

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

all the early adopters have purchased and now the supply has caught up with demand. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the SRO at $400 street price before too long. 

How does this optic (Trijicon SRO) mount on the slide of a STI 9mm (edge, eagle, or staccato-c) ? Do you need an adaptor plate? Do you have to mill the slide to attach it?

Edited by verla
clarification

4 hours ago, verla said:

How does this optic (Trijicon SRO) mount on the slide of a STI 9mm (edge, eagle, or staccato-c) ? Do you need an adaptor plate? Do you have to mill the slide to attach it?

yeah i'd say you need to get the slide milled, just like for glocks.  i believe there are some plates that mount via the rear sight dovetails but not sure if sti has a different cut than glocks etc.  i think sti has/had a Host model that was similar to glock mos with various mounting plates.  you prob know but sti's aren't legal in uspsa carry optics as they're not legal in production, but pretty sure they're legal in idpa carry optics as long as size, weight, etc are met.  and most shooting uspsa open have their red dots frame-mounted.

Do not want to mill the slide on my STI's. Will look into plates that can slip into the rear sight cut. If none are available might have one made. The Trijicon SRO is supposed to be a great red dot. Large window- you should be able to put the dot on the target quickly.

I am so disappointed in my SRO 2.5 MOA. In 2 matches now about 11:00 I get a Star burst of dots and clutter  . Every time my gun would faces east or southeast. I turned it down  as much as possible but get same results.  I think it must be sun glare.

Has anyone had this problem?? Does anyone have a fix for this issue?  

Edited by Slide4949

The problem I find for MYSELF is my eyes need a larger dot these days. I got to look through the SRO, and while it had a nice dot, only being 5 MOA it seems small.

I am currently running a RTS2 8 moa and kinda wish I had gotten the 10 moa.

it seems strange Sig, Trijicon, etc, only offer the smaller size dots.

I am having a new open gun built soon, and wanted to put a Sig XL on it, but the 6 moa dot makes me pause. Probably go With another RTS2 just for the bigger dot.

Edited by BigBamBoo

1 hour ago, BigBamBoo said:

The problem I find for MYSELF is my eyes need a larger dot these days. I got to look through the SRO, and while it had a nice dot, only being 5 MOA it seems small.

I am currently running a RTS2 8 moa and kinda wish I had gotten the 10 moa.

it seems strange Sig, Trijicon, etc, only offer the smaller size dots.

I am having a new open gun built soon, and wanted to put a Sig XL on it, but the 6 moa dot makes me pause. Probably go With another RTS2 just for the bigger dot.

It’s not just you, and I was wondering the same thing