Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PCC concerns

I have a new-sih Ruger PCC that I run alongside my limited gun for USPSA.  I have not done much to the rifle; it does have upgraded trigger and trigger stop as well as muzzle device.  I have reoccurring issues where the bolt appears to go fully into battery and I get a click-not-bang, racking the bolt feeds new round and chambered round does not eject.  The extractor did not catch the rim of the case.  The result is a double feed.  There is no light hit at all, zero, none... on the "original round"  all ammo is checked on case gauge. 

Question: What if anything have people done in terms of cleaning/ polishing extractors or bolts etc?

Jon

It's your trigger.....put the factory hammer spring back in. In fact, put ALL the factory springs back in. I put a volquartsen trigger in mine......ran blazer ammo perfect, but was getting a few hammer follows, not really too many, but a few.....but when I switched to PMC ammo, the primers must be a little harder and I was getting failure to ignite, put the factory hammer spring and trigger reset and have had zero issues since.

I have a newish Ruger PCC.  I am running w. glock mags.  On occasion I get a failure to go completely into battery; I get a click not bang w. no primer strike.  I rack the bolt and pick up new rd. wo extracting old live round.  This results in a double feed.  I gauge all ammo so I don't think its that.  Any one have to polish or modify extractor to get theirs to run 100%

I had the issues several times before I did anything at all w. the trigger.  The same issues continue.  yes, ammo spins free in gauge.  This is not a failure to fire problem as there are NO indentations on the primers, its something else.  when I rack bolt, round remains in chamber as extractor does not grab the round initially so I think it might be extractor related and I'm looking for input.

20 minutes ago, dauntedfuture said:

I have a newish Ruger PCC.  I am running w. glock mags.  On occasion I get a failure to go completely into battery; I get a click not bang w. no primer strike.  I rack the bolt and pick up new rd. wo extracting old live round.  This results in a double feed.  I gauge all ammo so I don't think its that.  Any one have to polish or modify extractor to get theirs to run 100%

Ammo sounds too long

Primary issue is click-no-bang, no mark on primer.  

Secondary issue is the lack of extraction and subsequent double feed.

My guess is the extractor isn't clearing the rim on the click-no-bang round.  Maybe clean around that extractor part and check for burrs that would keep the bolt from fully going into battery when a round is chambered.  Might be getting hung up on magazine feed lip. Not sure how far out of battery will still allow the trigger to drop the hammer...talking 1/8" or less so it will be tough to find the culprit.

• 4 months later...

I load all my 124/125 gr bullets to an OAL of 1.10.  I have never  had any issues with any of my 9MM pistols or carbines.  My Ruger PCC has only about 200 rounds through it shooting 124 - 147 gr hand loads and factory with no issues.  I think at 1.135 you are really loading a very long bullet.  Any reason why?

Take Care

Bob

Edited by robertbank
  • 4 months later...

Elsewhere in a huge Ruger PCC thread on RugerForum I read that extraction can be compromised when the takedown adjust is a little too loose. Read the whole thread and copy pasted out of it a few tidbits, of which this was one:

Failure to Eject:

You probably have already done this, but make sure the barrel nut is snugged down tight.

Keep two screws that attach bolt to stock torqued to 65 inch pounds. 

Volquartsen making new extractor.

Failure to Eject:
  You probably have already done this, but make sure the barrel nut is snugged down tight.   Keep two screws that attach bolt to stock torqued to 65 inch pounds.    Volquartsen making new extractor.
I did not see the extractor on volquartsen web site??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Frozen said:

Failure to Eject:
  You probably have already done this, but make sure the barrel nut is snugged down tight.   Keep two screws that attach bolt to stock torqued to 65 inch pounds.    Volquartsen making new extractor.
I did not see the extractor on volquartsen web site??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s all part of the post that I copied and saved. No promises, just the information from a fellow shooter.