Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiocci SP primers in a Dillon 650

Does anyone have experience running Fiocci small pistol primers in a Dillon 650?  I'm seeing some decent deals on them online but I haven't used them before.  I'm mostly concerned that the priming system can digest them smoothly.

7 minutes ago, ajblack said:

Does anyone have experience running Fiocci small pistol primers in a Dillon 650?  I'm seeing some decent deals on them online but I haven't used them before.  I'm mostly concerned that the priming system can digest them smoothly.

Worked fine in mine.

22 hours ago, ajblack said:

Does anyone have experience running Fiocci small pistol primers in a Dillon 650?  I'm seeing some decent deals on them online but I haven't used them before.  I'm mostly concerned that the priming system can digest them smoothly

Used about 10,000 in the past year. Not only run good my 650 have had flawless results in my open gun. These primers are a great value.

No issues.

I have however set off 2 of the non-toxic ones in my 650.  I've stopped trying to squeeze and  seat them deeper for my revolver.  1st time was loud but the 2nd was a ear wrecking underwear staining bang.  No idea why the difference.

These function fine in my pistols. Not so fine with my vibra-prime primer system and the 150 round pkg (all rows are not the same) is not as easy as 100 count primers.  Being value oriented (read cheap) I don't mind the minor inconveniences, provided they function as intended, which they do.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, cvincent said:

12,000 through mine. Worked fine. The RF100 doesn’t like them as much as CCI, in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This...

On 1/25/2019 at 4:38 PM, 858 said:

The primers work great, the 150rd packaging is terrible and made me switch back to Winchester.

... and this. Also, more recent batches have been less smooth seating. For all of these reasons, I'll hold out for other brands when they are on sale.

1 hour ago, StealthyBlagga said:

This...

... and this. Also, more recent batches have been less smooth seating. For all of these reasons, I'll hold out for other brands when they are on sale.

It's not just that the packaging is 150 qty, the rows are 8 each with one row of six on one end. The packaging count is a total pain in the butt to deal with since almost all of the equipment I use is made for 100 qty increments. 

I had one bad primer in 10500.

That’s what I used for several years. I agree, vibraprime does not like them, but otherwise they work perfect in my 650. Not a single malfunction in my PCC or XDm. Helps with your math too, 12 rows + 4 more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have loaded a few thousand on my 1050 with no issues. The 150 count sleeves were a bit of a pain. I usually load 10 primer tubes at a time so I used a pair of scissors and cut a sleeve cover so that 50 primers would fall out at a time. I dump 2 sleeves at a time into the vibra prime and the sleeves that are left have 100. 

I have used many thousands of these primers. 

I have only had one so far that was a dead primer , full primer strike no bang. 

When I started using them the 150 primers per pack bothered me , now I just load the primer tube till they are full. 

I started buying these because I could not get the Winchester primers. Now I will stick with these. 

They are a good price at the local gun shop and our daughter likes the wooden box they come in. She likes the explosive warning on the box. 

• 2 weeks later...

Loaded 15K of them.  Love them.  Only downside is they come in 150 packs and my primer tube only fits 100, so it takes a bit longer to fill my primer tubes since i have to "count" the # of primers I am filling in my tubes.  My local shop sells them for $.026 / each.  cant beat the price.

i have been using S&B for my Tanfo Open gun. they fire reliably. will these set off reliably too?

i see in some posts that in ranking of ease to set off

1. federal
2. winchester
3. s&b
4. cci

i hear that these Fiocchi fits in between winchester and s&b. closer to wimchester. is this true?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk